I'm guessing our family is done with Disney

Yes, I think it will. We just got back and guests and CMs seemed VERY stressed!!

Us too. Two weeks ago we were there. While entering the standby line for Expedition Everest, one older CM was yelling at a younger one. It was very rude and loud. We were surprised. There were several times we encountered frazzled CM's.

Side note: I finished an enormous survey Disney sent to me last night. The thing took me forever to complete! There were many questions about FP's, MDE website and app and cast members.

Interesting this idea that Disney might only want people to spend about 6 hours in a park. But what does one do otherwise? We love a few of the resorts but we don't care for pools so how can we spend so much time at the resort? I suppose it's easier at a deluxe...

I think that we could do other things away from our resort but we could also go offsite (and would). I doubt that Disney wants that.

A CM posted an angry, bitter rant on the Walt Disney World Reddit subforum yesterday. If I ever meet a CM who knows a tenth of what this guy thinks he knows about the parks I'll be happy. :rotfl:

Us too. Two weeks ago we were there. While entering the standby line for Expedition Everest, one older CM was yelling at a younger one. It was very rude and loud. We were surprised. There were several times we encountered frazzled CM's.

Side note: I finished an enormous survey Disney sent to me last night. The thing took me forever to complete! There were many questions about FP's, MDE website and app and cast members.

That sounds like one of the three surveys I filled out last week.

ETA: Did it also ask you if any guest behavior negatively affected your vacation?

We gave up. Over the weekend our families (3) got together to discuss our thoughts on rides and which days to spend at the parks because of this insane FP system. We had to actually have a family meeting to discuss what we planned on doing and exactly when during our WDW vacation ***. I have no idea what I want to do on a particular afternoon 3 months in advance and obviously I don't know what the weather will be. And learning we couldn't go on tier one rides in 2 parks on the same day just put us over the edge.
We took a vote and we're canceling our reservations till they get this mess figured out. I hate that we had to have numerous phone calls and a special meeting to discuss F/P thoughts. They've completely taken the fun out of our Disney vacation and we're done.
I wish everyone the best of luck on their vacations but this is beyond crazy.
:mad::confused3

Do you have a link?
I think that this is the rant. http://www.reddit.com/r/WaltDisneyWorld/comments/1xkosg/your_hatred_is_petty_and_hurts_you_more_than_it/

I've never heard that we can't post a link to these so I'll take my chances. It's interesting.

I'll add that I don't disagree with the CM except that I think that he's seeing things in a very narrow way. True that things will change but that doesn't help someone who recently went. Also true that the uninformed had trouble getting fastpasses but that wasn't the fault of those who followed the rules and did get fastpasses. I also don't see much addressing the worries of the offsite visitors.

I'll stick to my plan to wait until everything is in place before potentially dealing with any of this.

I think that this is the rant. http://www.reddit.com/r/WaltDisneyWorld/comments/1xkosg/your_hatred_is_petty_and_hurts_you_more_than_it/

I've never heard that we can't post a link to these so I'll take my chances. It's interesting.

I'll add that I don't disagree with the CM except that I think that he's seeing things in a very narrow way. True that things will change but that doesn't help someone who recently went. Also true that the uninformed had trouble getting fastpasses but that wasn't the fault of those who followed the rules and did get fastpasses. I also don't see much addressing the worries of the offsite visitors.

I'll stick to my plan to wait until everything is in place before potentially dealing with any of this.

Cool, thank you.

Interesting reading over there. That CM kind of rubs me the wrong way. He's saying that everything will be fine, this is just a testing phase. Well spending $6000 on a vacation during this phase sucks. There wasn't any complimentary "thanks for participating" offered and prices were at full price.

I understand testing a new product and it makes sense to do it during a slow time. But these are still your customers Disney, they are spending a lot of money on your product that you just changed without informing guests and without compensation for participation.

Interesting this idea that Disney might only want people to spend about 6 hours in a park. But what does one do otherwise? We love a few of the resorts but we don't care for pools so how can we spend so much time at the resort? I suppose it's easier at a deluxe...

I think that we could do other things away from our resort but we could also go offsite (and would). I doubt that Disney wants that.

Bowling! Disneyquest! Mini-golf! Shopping at DTD! Waterparks! Anything but rides! But please stay on Disney property!

;)

Bowling! Disneyquest! Mini-golf! Shopping at DTD! Waterparks! Anything but rides! But please stay on Disney property!

;)

.......we have known for a really long time that getting our visitors to Walt Disney world, to make decisions about where they spend their time before they leave home, is a powerful driver of visits per guest. When they get into the Orlando market and their time isn’t yet planned, they can be subject to everything you see down there which is a lot of in-city marketing for all the many products that people have put there to basically bleed off the feed that we fundamentally motivate. So if we can get people to plan their vacation before they leave home, we know that we get more time with them. We get a bigger share of their wallet. So that’s one thing for you guys to think about.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/walt-disney-companys-ceo-discusses-002803058.html

Yes, don't forget the bars! Those $9-$12 drinks get a lot easier to pay for after one or two.

If I had to stand in line with little Sally and Jimmy, only to end up talking to that GS CM in surferdave's link.... you could add a zero to those drink prices and I'd still smile and say thank you.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter