I'm joining Teresa and Kathy on their journey to health. Who's with me?

Just listened to the habit heroes podcast from February. Although the order is off chronologically, it is a great follow-up to the getting fit for your trip discussion.
My goal lose 6.5% bodyfat (~14 lbs of BF) by our fall cruise/trip.

Down 3% on the bodyfat as of today, and holding steady. Still have ~3 to 4% to go. I've added 2 lbs of lean body mass, while trimming fat, so I am moving in the right direction. Biggest struggle for me is ice cream & chips/salsa.

Best fitness purchase of the year so far, armour39 by under armour. If you have a current iOS device (bluetooth 4.0) and are looking for something to help keep track of workouts, I would recommend it.

Mike

my post of FB yesterday.... total so far 12 lbs down!!! :yay:

While I really didn't lose any extra weight this month, I did go through a period of Anxiety (I suffer from that)... My accomplishment this month ended up in the way I handled it. Usually I would binge and eat every piece of candy/cake and mac and cheese box within reach... but I didn't... I maintained my better eating habits and did not gain any weight... So May was a good one...

Hi everybody! Hope you're all continuing to do well!! I have a qt of Fiji water on my desk, and told myself that I can't go home from work until I drink the whole thing! So, I better get to drinking if I want to go home today!!!

Morning all!!! I have had a hard time this past few weeks trying to eat well and get my walks in. knowing I was going to see my sister this weekend and wanting to look my best. (she has always been thinner person and a healthier eater than me) I developed the old, what does it matter mentality. I know I shouldn't compare myself to her, But, it's always been an issue. She arrived and I am having the best time. either she has stopped being so judgmental about my weight and eating habits and realized that this is who I am or maybe I am looking at her differently now, I am not sure. I woke up today and realized that it is not a contest, I just need to do this for myself. we walked all over Universal yesterday and I can barely move today. I feel like I am 100 years old. School is out this week and I can no longer use that excuse for not having the time to get out and move!!!!! This will be the "summer of change" for me!!!

Thank you to everyone for keeping this going!!

T:)

She arrived and I am having the best time. either she has stopped being so judgmental about my weight and eating habits and realized that this is who I am or maybe I am looking at her differently now, I am not sure. I woke up today and realized that it is not a contest, I just need to do this for myself. we walked all over Universal yesterday and I can barely move today. I feel like I am 100 years old. School is out this week and I can no longer use that excuse for not having the time to get out and move!!!!! This will be the "summer of change" for me!!!

That's great that you and your sister are getting along so well this trip. Things are always more fun when family is easy to get along with! Also, I feel your pain about long walks. My fiance and I walked 5k on Saturday after bowling a few rounds. We were both feeling it last night on our daily walk and actually turned it in a bit early.

I'm hoping to kick things into high gear starting this month, just like you. I know we can do it if we just stay positive.

I have had a few challenges of my own since I started this. The Dr. changed my meds and now take one that can cause weight gain. I am trying to just go with it since I have made many positive steps towards my goal. I have decreased my food intake and upped my exercise so it is good but frustrating.

It just will take me a little longer.

I hope everyone else is doing well.

Good for you T!!!

I've had to come to the realization also that it's my journey and I really don't need to be judged by anyone else...

Surprisingly... this time... I'm sharing on FB (a little) and everyone has been encouraging me a lot (I'm the one who keeps posting the cauliflower and the carrots!!! :rotfl:)

Today I start my goal for June which is to exercise 3 times a week...

So far it's 13 lbs for me since April 1... :yay::yay:

Morning all!!! I have had a hard time this past few weeks trying to eat well and get my walks in. knowing I was going to see my sister this weekend and wanting to look my best. (she has always been thinner person and a healthier eater than me) I developed the old, what does it matter mentality. I know I shouldn't compare myself to her, But, it's always been an issue. She arrived and I am having the best time. either she has stopped being so judgmental about my weight and eating habits and realized that this is who I am or maybe I am looking at her differently now, I am not sure. I woke up today and realized that it is not a contest, I just need to do this for myself. we walked all over Universal yesterday and I can barely move today. I feel like I am 100 years old. School is out this week and I can no longer use that excuse for not having the time to get out and move!!!!! This will be the "summer of change" for me!!!

Thank you to everyone for keeping this going!!

T:)

Good for you, T! Onward and upward! You've got this, girl.

I have had a few challenges of my own since I started this. The Dr. changed my meds and now take one that can cause weight gain. I am trying to just go with it since I have made many positive steps towards my goal. I have decreased my food intake and upped my exercise so it is good but frustrating.

It just will take me a little longer.

I hope everyone else is doing well.

It's a good goal to just think healthy instead of weight loss alone...

I've found that even when I hit a plateau (and I did...) that other things changed for me...

Keep it going!! :cheer2::cheer2:

Great job everyone! I am down 4 pounds and have been moving more with walks. Baby steps.....

I started a lifestyle change at the beginning of the year. Mostly more exercise, counting calories, and cutting out all carbonated beverages. As of last night, I am down 34.2 lbs.

Any chance of a follow- up health/fitness segment coming up soon? That was one of my favourite segments and very motivating :)

Okay, we started Couch to 5k this week and the second workout really kicked my butt. It's hard to stay motivated to keep pushing through, but I figure that I'm at least lapping everyone who never got off the couch. So, even if I'm not doing that great, at least I'm out there trying.

It's national doughnut day.

....and my boss brought in (gluten-free, since I'm allergic) doughnuts to celebrate.

....and I ate one.

....and it was really really good.

No more sweets for me today- that was my treat, and now I'm back on track.

TGIF, everybody!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter