• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Im letting this forum decide my Birthday Dinner

The details:
February Ill be turning 32. My soon to be wife (at the time of this trip) will be doing our second "Adult" trip.. no kids yet..
When we went down last year for food and wine we decide "we are Disney people" and we be returning over and over so hopefully we will have many more chances to eat everywhere. We did the Be our guest thing last trip but besides that did a lot of quick service and ate around the world kiosk style. This years trip will be much different.. We did a hard park push last trip and got to do almost every ride and show at the Epcot MK and AK. (30+ miles walked in 3 days) So I want a much more relaxed resort hopping bench sitting type of trip.The trip is 4 nights 5 days staying at AKL with my birthday being on a Sunday dead smack in the middle of the trip. So the big question where should i eat for my birthday dinner and why ? We will have park tickets so it doesn't matter if its in park or at a resort. I'll tally up the comments in a few weeks and book the winner! Thanks DisFam!
O’hana with the fireworks afterwards.

For a really nice, special evening, I'd also vote for California Grill. Great atmosphere and great food.

If you're just looking for good food, I could also recommend Homecomin' or Sanaa. A little less fancy, but both are fantastic meals.

California Grill with views of Magic Kingdom fireworks is a solid birthday dinner choice though.
I agree!! I did California Grill in August to celebrate my 25th wedding anniversary. Once we checked in we requested a "window with fireworks view." That is important because they can put you at a window without the fireworks view. Try to plan your resize for 45 minutes prior to the fireworks and take your time. :bday:

I see everyone's recommendation for Jiko and raise you the Wanyama Safari. It is a great way to celebrate your birthday. There is a 30 minute or so pre-safari snack. Then you get about a 90-minute safari around the savannahs at AKL, complete with CMs who work with the animals on a daily basis. The Safari is followed by a feast at Jiko, including wine pairings. Is it pricey? Yes, it runs about $200 per person including tax and gratuity. But we also think its one of the few experiences at WDW that is almost underpriced. We have done it twice (once to celebrate our engagment and once for our anniversary). It is a great way to celebrate your birthday and then you still have all night to do something else (the Wanyama ends between 7-7:30).

I see everyone's recommendation for Jiko and raise you the Wanyama Safari. It is a great way to celebrate your birthday. There is a 30 minute or so pre-safari snack. Then you get about a 90-minute safari around the savannahs at AKL, complete with CMs who work with the animals on a daily basis. The Safari is followed by a feast at Jiko, including wine pairings. Is it pricey? Yes, it runs about $200 per person including tax and gratuity. But we also think its one of the few experiences at WDW that is almost underpriced. We have done it twice (once to celebrate our engagment and once for our anniversary). It is a great way to celebrate your birthday and then you still have all night to do something else (the Wanyama ends between 7-7:30).

I second this.

Victoria & Albert's - DH & I did this for our 10 year anniversary and it was a great experience.
The Wanyama Safari also sounds like a wonderful & amazing experience! Would love to do this with our family after saving up for it.

V and A’s without a doubt. It sounds like kids are in the plan, so go now and enjoy it while you can!! All the rest of places allow kids, so they won’t be off limits in the future.

If you can fit it in the budget, V&A wins hands down. No other restaurant even comes close.

I have booked it every trip and cancelled it after watching reviews I just wouldn't get pleasure out of some of the courses and would just feel I am wasting the time and money.

I am open to new foods and like a variety but it goes a little off the edge at times and from what I heard ends up being too much food as well.

I’d say Hoop Dee Doo dinner show lol... just a fun time, beer n wine included and yummy finger licking food.
Now.... since ur staying at AKL, sign up for the Night Safari at Kidani... we had anAwesome time .... night vision goggles on the Savannah ( I think we did 10pm, last one.. just 1 teen) and really enjoyed it!!
Happy Birthday in advance!!

I think something in Disney Springs for birthday dinner would be fun, then you can get drinks afterwards. We celebrated our anniversary at Morimoto's Asia and really enjoyed it. Then we walked around and drank at other places. Fun night out together.

I say Boma. It is my family's favorite restaurant, and there are tons of options on the buffet. You are staying at AKL so no need to worry about it being out of the way. Plus they have zebra domes... if you have never tried them, you should!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter