I'm Not Really Harry Potter, But I AM the Rebel Spy! Oct 2016 TR *COMPLETE + New TR Link 8/6

Day 7 Continued: HHN 26 Part 1

I’m here to cover my time at HHN 26. I won’t bore you with a ton of details and information since I know this is not most people’s cup of tea so if you want more information or my thoughts on something specific let me know and I’ll be happy to elaborate.

Your host for the evening, Chance

Oct 07-092
by disneymom1024, on Flickr

Oct 07-093

Oct 07-111

After walking the family out I decided to head over to Finnegan’s to wait until the event opened. I thought about other areas but Finnegan’s is the best area with shade and spots to sit while waiting. While waiting I decided to talk to a team member who seemed to be knowledgeable of the event and was offering advice to those passing by I decide to chat him up about strategies for starting out the night. I had an idea of what I wanted to do but this was only my second time staying in the park for the early access to the houses. Depending on which area you were waiting in determined what houses you would have access to before the whole event opened to the public. Starting in Finnegan’s I would have access to The Exorcist and The Walking Dead houses opening early. The Exorcist opened at 5:45 and the Walking Dead at 6PM.

I should probably mention here that I was not going to be alone the whole night. My Dad was coming to join me but since he did not have a park ticket for the day he would be showing up later. I had planned to try and hit as many houses as I could working my way to the front of the park to meet up with him.

I went to The Exorcist first since it was opening first then hit The Walking Dead. There was a rope and Team Members blocking the area between where we were and the group that was allowed into American Horror Story so you were not allowed to jump over to that until the event officially started and everyone was let in. Which was a bit of a bummer and had AHS been my top priority I would have changed my plans up a little. But I’m not a huge AHS fan and have only seen bits and pieces of each season while DW was watching so I somewhat knew the characters and settings but not as much as the other IP houses.

I had managed to hit the first 2 houses that were opened to me and by 6:15 I was at the front of the park and heading towards the line for AHS.

Oct 07-106

The wait time said 60min. I was hoping it was an over estimation based on the amount of people flooding in but a common trend of the night none of the posted wait times were correct for the houses and most were severely underestimated. My dad had anticipated getting there around 7PM so I really didn’t want to walk farther into the park so I decided to take my chances on being able to get this house done before he arrived and worse case I would just jump out of line.

A lot people were leaving the que as I was walking in so I knew it must be bad and when I walked in the line and amount of switch backs was enormous, but the line was moving fairly well. I would later chalk that up to people getting fed up and jumping out of line. I figured I was already ahead of the game, had hit two houses a scare zone and just needed to kill some time before my dad showed up so I stuck it out in line.

Universal must have realized how long the waits would be and were playing a video for everyone in the que. It was an overview of all the houses/scare zones and the details that went into designing them and creating them and the trailer for each house. It was very interesting to watch so I didn’t mind waiting and watching.

While in line I started chatting with a couple from Canada that was behind me. This was their first HHN and they were not exactly sure what they got their selves into with this. We talked about HHN I tried to offer some tips and things to make sure they saw during the night. Side note I actually ran into them later in the night while they were standing off to the side trying to decide what to do next. Chances of that happening seemed slim to none with how many people were there and how big the park is but it was cool non the less to run into them again and say hi again. Seemed like they were enjoying their night so far. But while we were talking my dad had actually arrived early and was walking into the park now. I still had a lot of line left to go even after waiting 30minutes so I decided to jump out of line and go meet him. I told my new Canadian friends my time was up, I was leaving to meet up with my dad, and they even offered to hold my spot in line so I could go get him and come back. While a nice offer line jumping that far into the que 30 Minutes + is not something I would do. My Dad and I both had express passes for the night so I was not worried about having to wait in line again for the house.

I hopped out of line and the wait time was already up to 120 minutes and looking at the number of people and how long we waited in other lines that might have been a conservative number.

Putting AHS at the front of the park was not the best idea if they wanted to help control the line building up. Since this was the first house you can to the majority of the people that entered the park went straight here. This did help with crowds for the first couple of hours, the rest of the park felt very empty with plenty of room to move around because most of the people were sucked into the line for AHS. As more and more people were able to go through the house and fill out the rest of the park you could tell it was a packed Friday night at HHN.

With my dad and I ready to get our scare on we avoided the masses going to AHS and went to the right toward Krampus and the Vamp 55 scare zone.

Oct 07-091

Oct 07-129

I really enjoyed Krampus house nicely done and followed the movie really well. Even the Vamp 55 scare zone was nicely done and the scareactors looked and fit their area very well. What I love the most is that when the scareactors see you with a camera they will really play up to it a pose for you to get the shots you want then move on resuming scaring random people walking by.

Oct 07-095

Oct 07-096

Something I noticed the past two years is how willing they are to pose for candid shots and even meet and greet style shots or selfies. It was here in the Vamp, scare zone I actually ran into Mark Willard. I caught him out the corner of my eye when we were walking through and had to stop and say high. If you’ve never seen any of his photography I highly recommend you go and check out his work. The man takes some phenomenal photos. I didn’t get to talk much to him I could see he was in full photography mode trying to get as many shots in before he lost the twilight as the sun was going down rapidly at this point. I introduced myself and praised his work like a fan boy. He was super nice and wanted to know where I followed him online and what my user names were. It really was a nice surprise to run into him and a geek moment for the photographer in me.

After probably boring you with more mundane details than needed I’ll jump into more highlights and thoughts on the event.

Houses: My favorite houses were the ones that I was able to watch the movies of most recently. My recommendation for anyone going is to watch the movies of the IP houses before you go. I really enjoyed Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The Exorcist, Krampus, and Ghost Town(more for the details and scenes than scares). I feel these were my favorites solely because I was able to watch these movies before going and all the scenes from the movie were fresh in my mind and I really connected with how well they designed these house to follow and emulate the movies. Texas Chainsaw more so than the rest the details felt like you were walking through the house in the movie. My favorite scene/effect for the houses was the sliding metal door that leather face comes out from. You had the visual and sound effect all together here to make it feel real and extra scary.

Oct 07-097

Oct 07-098

The only houses that I did not care for were Lunatics Playground 3D: You Don’t Stand A Chance and Tomb of the Ancients. The 3D house I just don’t like any of the 3D houses The bright vibrant colors and strobe effects and having to wear the cheap paper glasses automatically puts the hose at the bottom add to the fact there were no good scares for me and it just falls to the bottom of my list. Tomb of the Ancients I’m not sure what they were going for with the house but it just misses the mark for me. After going through the house once when we came back around and there was no wait for it I almost didn’t even want to go back through it was just bland. While they did have some interesting scenes I really have no idea the look or feel they were going for and it was almost comical some of the cheesiness of the scenes. I wanted to laugh more than I was scared in this house.
Up Next: More HHN

Last edited:
Day 7 Continued: HHN 26 Part 2

Scare zones:

Dead Man’s Wharf and Vamp 55 were my top 2 the others were just ok.

Oct 07-101

Oct 07-103

I loved the look and feel of the Dead Man’s Wharf. The makeup effects on these people was incredible. The details and effects were top notch and I could have spent 30 minutes just sitting there watching them walk around and interact with people. So real looking with the old diving mask and barnacles all over another’s face.

Oct 07-123

Oct 07-125

Oct 07-104

And the shipwrecked ship creating a stunning visual and a choke point in the walk way with a visual distraction to look at while the scareactors are able to walk around and sneak up on you while you try to take everything in.

Vamp 55. Was just a well thought out and put together area. The homecoming float and ice cream man selling body parts. Homecoming queen, cheer leaders, football players all walking around interacting with everyone. You can tell someone put a lot of time and effort into the details and you could get lost circling around this area trying to absorb it all.

Oct 07-128

Lair of the Banshee was the same typical scare zone that’s always put in that area. Pump it full of fog and have creepy things jump out at you. Nothing really new or different there. Rest were mainly forgettable.

Oct 07-112

Shows:
Best Academy of Villains: House of Fear. This was so good I actually made a point to catch it twice. I was originally down on the show. I had saw part of a video online and wasn’t sold. We decided to catch the show in between house and man was I blown away. Videos do not do this show justice. Watching the video and seeing this in person were 2 totally different things. This show had almost a concert vibe. You could feel the energy from the show making its way into the crowd. There was a buzz going though and you could watch the crowd build and get into it more and more as the show went on. This was fantastic and my highlight of the night. It was even better the second time. I t seemed like most of the crowd had already seen the show before and was back again. This time the crowd was more vocal and into the show. Cheering and clapping when they knew what was going to come next. The crowd went nuts when the main guy that does most of the stunts comes out and takes off his shirt you know what’s about to happen. An incredibly well done show and the energy it pumps into the crowd really takes it up to the next level.

Oct 07-113

Oct 07-114

Oct 07-115

Oct 07-116

Oct 07-117

And what kind of fan would I be if I didn’t stop and walk through Diagon Alley at the end of the night. Always nice to see it in the dark since we don’t always get to experience that with the park typically closing early so I always make a point to walk through before heading out of the park if there after dark.

Oct 07-130

Oct 07-131

Oct 07-132

Oct 07-133

Oct 07-134

It was a long night, I was beat knowing I only had a few hours to get some sleep before waking up too early for being out so late, but I was happy to see this sight after taking the boat back.

Oct 07-135

While I was having an incredible time, DW not so much. What can I say there’s a reason I married her and continue to hold onto her. You can’t buy that type of love when they are still smiling at you the next morning after the stress they went through while you were out living it up. I’ve got me a keeper.

UP NEXT: No idea? I'm just the hired help.

seems like you got a few good rides in (It's been years since I have been at Universal but I do remember Hulk and Spiderman both being great rides) - seems like a bit of back and forth (to the hotel - and then to your room that was a looooong way down) and sorry about the issues with the crib

Thanks for the HHN coverage! It's something I am not sure I will ever do but I like how into it Universal is and how much effort they put into ti.

That's very cool you ran into Mark Willard and got to chat him up and let him know you are a fan. And I have seen in other reports or just from what Craig and Ryno say on the Universal podcast that the scare actors are really good about posing for pictures which I think is great as people really do want some good pictures form the event

Also from that podcast it seems like no one is a fan of the 3D houses ... I hope they either change up how they do it or just drop the concept

Glad you enjoyed the show so much! seems like you managed to get quite a bit done - the long lines I hear about definitely seem intimidating. Hope you enjoyed the time with your dad!

and definitely seems like you have a keeper there! ;)

Hopefully you weren't too frightened off by DH's HHN posts. It's not my cup of tea either! But I do appreciate that he took the time to make sure my TR is complete by including his thoughts on the event.

Day 8: Saturday October 15

On our very last park day, we were up early once again to be ready for early entry at the Studios! Our alarms were set for 5:30. We got dressed and got our bags ready and were out the door with breakfast in hand at 6:18. We had just missed a boat and had to wait a few minutes for another to come, but it didn’t take long. I think I forgot to mention before that our bag check was before getting on the boat. After that, we didn’t have to have our bags checked again before we got into the parks.

It was 6:45 am when we got to the gates and early entry started at 7. We had our breakfast while waiting in line, and were let in about 10 minutes later. We, like pretty much everyone else, made a beeline for Diagon Alley. Including this lady who had on what looked like a cheerleading bottom that was way too small, so her butt cheeks were literally hanging out and the little skirt over it only came about halfway down her backside, so it wasn’t covering much of anything. She was there with her husband and teenage children, and I can’t believe any of them didn’t tell her she shouldn’t be wearing that! And unfortunately she was right in front of us the whole way over to Diagon Alley and it wasn’t the last time we’d be seeing her.

We spotted DS’s favorite, that throwin’ up boy he loved so much from his first trip to Universal! All he can talk about now is buying some Skiving Snackboxes when we go back in September.

Oct 08-002
Off to Gringotts!

We tried and tried to convince DS to agree to ride this with one of us, but he refused to even try it. So DH and I took our turns.

Oct 08-014

Oct 08-015

We both loved it, once again! And once we were done we decided to head over to Ollivander’s. I know DS was hoping once again to get picked to have a wand choose him, but no luck this time. Well, I guess there was some luck…the lady with the butt cheeks hanging out was in the show with us!

Once we came out of the show, it was time to check in for our flight the next way since we were flying Southwest and don’t want to leave anything to chance! From the pics it looks like we may have snuck off to Knockturn Alley to get that done out of the hustle and bustle of Diagon Alley.

Up next, we headed over to Men In Black to take turns with DS on that one.

Continued in next post...

Day 8 Continued: Saturday October 15th

We were ready to head over to ride E.T. by way of Springfield. I don’t think DH can pass through there without taking some pictures!

Oct 08-037

Oct 08-038

Oct 08-039
DH and DS went first while I waited with DD in the child swap room. Only they really didn’t have an actual child swap room, we just had to wait in the room where the TMs give you your “passport” before you continue on in the queue, and DD was having a blast in there! The TMs loved DD and had fun playing with her in between groups of guests coming in with their passports. And they even gave her one of the passports to play with.

Untitled

Oct 08-040

Oct 08-041

Oct 08-042
After I had ridden, the TMs were still having fun with DD and even gave her a pass to come back and ride once she is tall enough! And they let her keep the passport she was playing with because she sure didn’t want to give it up once it was time to go.

Oct 08-043
One day DD will get to ride!
DS was asking to ride Woody Woodpecker, but a quick check over there and we saw it wasn’t open yet. So we decided to head over to Transformers instead to swap off on that. Writing all of these rides we swapped makes me kind of glad we have decided to take DS by himself in September so we can all 3 ride together without having to swap and DD being bored while waiting most of the day!

Oct 08-044

After that, DH really wanted to catch the Horror Makeup Show at 10 am, so once we were finished with Transformers, we went over to the theater next.

So I was a little worried about this show with DS. And there was some reason to be, as the montage they showed of scenes of gross things from horror movies had me telling DS to cover his eyes. But the rest was okay for him. We were sitting in the front row, and when the second host came out to get on stage, he entered right near us and pointed at DD and said, “Oh look, what a realistic looking puppet!” lol

The worst part of the show (for me) was when they pulled a woman to come on stage during the show, and Y’ALL IT WAS THE WOMAN WITH HER DANG BUTT CHEEKS HANGING OUT!!!! And everyone was witness to this when she stood up and turned towards her family to walk sideways out of her row and put those things on display for the whole theater. I think the guys on stage were even a bit shocked by what they saw!!

Anyway, DD and I didn’t make it for the whole show because she got pretty fussy and I ended up taking her out a little less than halfway through. A few minutes walking around in the stroller and she was out like a light. DS even ended up being a small part of the show when one host looked behind a curtain up on stage that was supposed to be hooked up to an alarm if it was moved and the alarm started going off. When the second host fussed at the first for looking behind the curtain, the first host blamed it on DS! DS was laughing and shaking his head that he didn’t do it, so the second host was telling the first, “The kid is saying he didn’t do it.” And the first host replied, “He’s a kid. Kids lie!” Hopefully that made sense. It was pretty funny, and DS got a kick out of it. I was sorry to have missed all of that, but I'm hoping we can all experience the entire show together when we go in September. And hopefully those butt cheeks won't also be in attendance!

UP NEXT: All Aboard!

seems like a pretty productive morning - but it did strike me reading the recap as well that you were going from one "baby swap" think to another. I am sure having the trip with just DS will be nice

I try not to be too critical of what people wear (it's not the end of the world and it's their body) - but at the same time I don't get what goes through their heads some times

Glad to hear that DS enjoyed the makeup show in the end!

I loved your husband's review of HHN, we did one night in October and loved it as well

The lady with the inappropriate outfit, geez, that is gross. I saw a lady similar to that at US several years ago, she was older and her butt was literally hanging out of the shortest shorts I have ever seen and we had to be behind her on the escalator thing before entry yuck!

We loved the Horror makeup show also, it was good. Thanks for the update!

I enjoyed reading about your DH's time at HHN. Sounds like a fun thing to do around Halloween. Scary but a fun scary. I LOL when I read that butt cheeks woman ended up in the show. Too funny!

Cool HHN photos! Definitely not my thing but I do like seeing all the pics of it. Glad it was a good time!

Great start to the morning getting to ride Gringotts and see the wand show! And of course the bonus of the lady with the ill fitting clothing ;)

Sounds like DD enjoyed her time at ET, even if she wasn't actually on the ride! :)

OMG cannot believe the butt cheeks lady made an appearance yet again! And on stage nonetheless! :rotfl2:

I've been behind on my Dis-ing for a few days, but I think I'm caught up again now! Nice to get DH's coverage of HHN! I wouldn't be able to handle it I don't think...I'm a wimp and pretty squeamish, but I think my fiance would love it!

Love that you started your day in Diagon Alley - the best place to start pretty much any day. Too bad DS wasn't up for Gringotts. It's a little intense, so I understand that. I really enjoyed it when we rode it for the first time in December!

Sounds like your day was off to a really good start...but man...that butt-cheek-lady...woah. How nice it'll be when you'll get to ride everything with DS together on your next Universal trip!

Binge reading your report. You've some great pics. I esp love Sorceror Mickey in his new location

seems like a pretty productive morning - but it did strike me reading the recap as well that you were going from one "baby swap" think to another. I am sure having the trip with just DS will be nice

I try not to be too critical of what people wear (it's not the end of the world and it's their body) - but at the same time I don't get what goes through their heads some times

Glad to hear that DS enjoyed the makeup show in the end!

Yes, we did a TON of swapping on our Universal days. The first two trips we did with DD were not a big deal because she was young enough not to care, but it was definitely tougher on this last one. I feel bad leaving her home, but I know she will have a better time hanging out with my parents for a few days instead of being trapped in a stroller at a park where she can do less than a handful of things.

Yes! That was more or less it for me. I couldn't believe she thought that was a great option for a day at the parks and that no one in her family was like, "Hey, Mom, maybe you shouldn't wear that out?"

I was surprised how much he liked it. He's even asking to do it again in September, which should be easy enough to accommodate since we will have so much time in the parks.

I loved your husband's review of HHN, we did one night in October and loved it as well

The lady with the inappropriate outfit, geez, that is gross. I saw a lady similar to that at US several years ago, she was older and her butt was literally hanging out of the shortest shorts I have ever seen and we had to be behind her on the escalator thing before entry yuck!

We loved the Horror makeup show also, it was good. Thanks for the update!

Glad you enjoyed! HHN is definitely NOT my cup of tea. lol

It's so distracting!! And it bothers me to think I could be sitting where those sweaty butt cheeks have been. :scared:

Universal is not really known for their shows the way Disney is, but the Horror Makeup Show is pretty good. It's funny!

I enjoyed reading about your DH's time at HHN. Sounds like a fun thing to do around Halloween. Scary but a fun scary. I LOL when I read that butt cheeks woman ended up in the show. Too funny!

It's definitely fun if you like to be scared, though I don't!! lol They do a really amazing job of transforming the park though, so I do have to give them credit for that.

It was like I couldn't get rid of her! Everywhere I turned, I saw those cheeks!!

Haha, well, I thought the HHN post was scary until I got to butt cheeks lady. :rotfl2:

RIGHT?!?! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Sounds like a fun Universal morning! We loved the Horror Makeup Show (minus the scary movie clips, anyways)!

Yeah, the scary clips I could do without for the most part, as it's a lot of gore, but we enjoy the rest of the show.

Cool HHN photos! Definitely not my thing but I do like seeing all the pics of it. Glad it was a good time!

Great start to the morning getting to ride Gringotts and see the wand show! And of course the bonus of the lady with the ill fitting clothing ;)

Sounds like DD enjoyed her time at ET, even if she wasn't actually on the ride! :)

OMG cannot believe the butt cheeks lady made an appearance yet again! And on stage nonetheless! :rotfl2:

It's something DH really enjoys, so I'm sure it's going to be tough for him to be there this year during party season and not getting to go! It's not something I lose any sleep over missing though. lol

Starting off the day in Diagon Alley is definitely a great way to start off the day.

That was one of the more fun child swap experiences for her because she got SO much attention from the TMs in there!

I KNOW!!! I literally put my face in my hands when she stood up and put those cheeks on display for the whole theater.

I've been behind on my Dis-ing for a few days, but I think I'm caught up again now! Nice to get DH's coverage of HHN! I wouldn't be able to handle it I don't think...I'm a wimp and pretty squeamish, but I think my fiance would love it!

Love that you started your day in Diagon Alley - the best place to start pretty much any day. Too bad DS wasn't up for Gringotts. It's a little intense, so I understand that. I really enjoyed it when we rode it for the first time in December!

Sounds like your day was off to a really good start...but man...that butt-cheek-lady...woah. How nice it'll be when you'll get to ride everything with DS together on your next Universal trip!

Welcome back! It's so easy to get behind. I find myself having to binge read on many TRs lately! Oh, man, I was traumatized by my one and only HHN experience, so I haven't made that mistake ever again. Luckily DH doesn't mind going alone. I was a complete wimp the time I went! I spent most of the night standing around in gift shops while DH went through the houses so none of the scareactors could mess with me while I was alone. :rotfl:

I'm really hoping I can get him to try it in September, because I REALLY think he would enjoy it! We have finished reading the series together, so I'm hoping that will get him more interested in seeing the attraction now that we have read it in the books.

Ugh, I felt like I couldn't get away from her! DH was getting a kick out of me having such a reaction to seeing her everywhere. lol I know, I can't wait! I'm really looking forward to getting to ride everything all 3 of us for one. I know one day we'll finally be able to ride everything as a family too when DD is bigger, but this will be a nice trip for him to get some one on one time as well.

Binge reading your report. You've some great pics. I esp love Sorceror Mickey in his new location

Thanks! I really loved the new Mickey and Minnie meet at DHS too. I was disappointed when they got rid of Minnie's dressing room meet area in the old animation building, but I think this was a good replacement.

We tried and tried to convince DS to agree to ride this with one of us, but he refused to even try it. So DH and I took our turns.
I attempted to try Gringotts once but it broke down and I didn't get around to trying it again. If I'm being honest I was a little relieved. I'm not a fan of big drops and going on a roller coaster where I can't see the drops made me nervous.

Writing all of these rides we swapped makes me kind of glad we have decided to take DS by himself in September so we can all 3 ride together without having to swap and DD being bored while waiting most of the day!
That makes sense. When my youngest was less than a year old we took oldest DD down, just the three of us. We had a great trip and more freedom. At that age they are so young they don't realize where you're gone.

I attempted to try Gringotts once but it broke down and I didn't get around to trying it again. If I'm being honest I was a little relieved. I'm not a fan of big drops and going on a roller coaster where I can't see the drops made me nervous.

There is one kind of intimidating drop right at the very beginning of the ride, but then it's pretty tame after that. But lots of fun if you ever get up to trying it out again!

That makes sense. When my youngest was less than a year old we took oldest DD down, just the three of us. We had a great trip and more freedom. At that age they are so young they don't realize where you're gone.

As much as I'll miss her, I know she will have a lot more fun staying behind with grandparents than hanging around in the heat all day while the rest of us ride everything. And I think it will be special for DS to get our undivided attention for a few days as a birthday celebration trip as well.

Day 8 Continued: Saturday October 15th

When they came out of the show and found us, DS and I decided to go do Minion Mayhem while DH continued to walk around the sleeping DD in her stroller.

Untitled

Oct 08-050

Oct 08-051

We met up after our ride to have lunch in Springfield. I ate quickly, then hurried over to get in at least one ride on Mummy while DH stayed with the kids. I just love that coaster!! It’s one of my favorites at USO. So I just had to fit it in at least once on our trip. When I finished, they were still at lunch because DD had woken up while I was gone and she was now eating.

Untitled

Since DH and DS were finished, once I came back, the two of them went to go ride Woody Woodpecker since it was now open. Then the kids played in the play area for awhile until we were ready to head over to Islands of Adventure by way of the Hogwarts Express!

Oct 08-052
The best part of this queue is seeing everyone else go through to Platform 9 ¾!

Oct 08-053
Hedwig was looking like she had too much coffee.

Another thing DS enjoyed more now that we have delved into the books and movies was the characters on the train! He actually really recognized everyone for, I think, the first time since we have been experiencing WWoHP. It’s really fun as his mom and a huge HP nerd to see him get so excited as he recognized all of the details.

Once we were well into Hogsmeade, DS and I took a couple rounds on Flight of the Hippogriff while DH waited in line to get us a frozen Butterbeer to share.

Untitled

Untitled
In addition to being a Dole Whip fan, DD also appreciated frozen Butterbeer!

Oct 08-060
We passed through Jurassic Park but didn’t really want to re-do anything in there. We wanted to rider swap Kong, but when we got over there, the standby wait was 105 minutes, and the express pass was 45 minutes to an hour! No thanks!!

We tried to get DS to do the Marmaduke trick photo but he wasn’t understanding what we were asking him to do. Lol

Oct 08-061

DD still seemed tired, so I put her back in the stroller and walked her around until she fell asleep while DH and DS went to ride Spider-Man.

Oct 08-062

Oct 08-063

When they came back, DH and I wanted to ride Hulk, so I went first and hurried over there to ride in the express line, but it was backed up for some reason and took a little longer than usual. When I was put in a corral to get onto the next train, the one came in for us to get on and everyone and everything was all wet. It had started raining outside while I had been in line! I thought about bailing, but then decided to say screw it, I waited all this time, I’m just going to ride. It was actually kind of fun riding in the rain, even though I couldn’t keep my eyes open. Definitely an interesting experience! I found them in the Port of Entry store when I was done, and DH decided to pass on riding. We did some shopping and I got myself a Hogwarts t-shirt and DS got a stuffed Buckbeak.

There was a break in the rain, so we decided to head out of the park and call it an early day since we had to fly out the next morning. We stopped by Toothsome Chocolate Emporium to see if maybe we could get a milkshake or two to share, but it was still so new at the time that even the wait for just milkshakes was almost 30 minutes. But we were tired, so we didn’t feel like sticking it out and headed to the boat dock. Good thing we did as it started pouring again just as we were getting under cover of the dock!

Oct 08-064
One last pic before the deluge

It was about 4 pm when we got on the boat and took it back over to Portofino. We went back to the room and unpacked the stroller since it needed to be returned that evening, and reorganized some of our luggage. At about 5 pm we decided to head down to find something to eat and ended up at Sal’s Market Deli at the hotel.

I got a really delicious chicken parmesan sandwich, DH had a meatball sandwich, and DS had spaghetti and meatballs with a plan for DD to share a little from all of our meals. Our sandwiches came with homemade chips, which we were really good, and I loved my sandwich! While I was eating, I got a call from Orlando Stroller Rentals that they were at the hotel and ready to pick up the stroller, so I headed up to the lobby to bring it to him. For some reason, they can’t drop off and pick up the strollers with bell services at the Universal hotels like they can at Disney, but it wasn’t a big deal to go hand it off to him.

After dinner, we knew there was a gelateria somewhere in the hotel, and after a long walk in the wrong direction, we got turned the right way and found it. Just like in a gelateria in Italy, you get to pick 2 flavors, so I got chocolate and stracciatella (chocolate chip), and DH got peanut butter brownie with stracciatella.

Untitled

Untitled
What could be better than a hotel where you can get gelato?!

After one last sweet treat, we headed back up to the room to finish packing and organizing so we could get to bed early and fly home the next morning. All must have gone well, because I didn’t note any travel drama on the way home. I guess having our trip almost cancelled and having to find another way to get to Florida due to a hurricane at the beginning of the trip was enough travel drama for one vacation!!

Thanks everyone who has followed along with this TR with me from the beginning! I love writing TRs and it's so cool to have other people who actually enjoy reading them. I've been meaning to get this next one started for awhile, but life has gotten so busy lately. But with one last weekend before we are back in the swing of school time, the kids are both at my parents for the weekend, so I thought it would be a perfect time to start my Disneyland TR! So if you're not too sick of us yet, follow the link for our Disneyland adventures.

The best part of this queue is seeing everyone else go through to Platform 9 ¾!

Oh COOL!! We've never done it when there were enough people in line to notice this, so I had no idea!

Hedwig was looking like she had too much coffee.

Ahahaha poor Hedwig! :rotfl:

Another thing DS enjoyed more now that we have delved into the books and movies was the characters on the train! He actually really recognized everyone for, I think, the first time since we have been experiencing WWoHP. It’s really fun as his mom and a huge HP nerd to see him get so excited as he recognized all of the details.

This must be awesome!! If we ever have kids, I really hope I can bring them into some of my favourite literary worlds :lovestruc

We tried to get DS to do the Marmaduke trick photo but he wasn’t understanding what we were asking him to do. Lol

Aww poor DS! This is cute!

All must have gone well, because I didn’t note any travel drama on the way home. I guess having our trip almost cancelled and having to find another way to get to Florida due to a hurricane at the beginning of the trip was enough travel drama for one vacation!!

Good news! And yes, that was surely enough drama!!

But with one last weekend before we are back in the swing of school time, the kids are both at my parents for the weekend, so I thought it would be a perfect time to start my Disneyland TR! So if you're not too sick of us yet, follow the link for our Disneyland adventures.

Yay! I'm hoping to get to Disneyland sometime in the next few years, so I'm really looking forward to this TR. I'm heading over now! Can't promise how up-to-date I'll stay before and during our upcoming trip, but I'll definitely keep up eventually!

Always enjoy your TR's! Always beautiful pictures and good storytelling :-) It can't be easy taking a baby but your DD seems pretty go with the flow. How fun that your DS "got" the HP stuff. Thanks for the new TR link!

Glad it was a fun trip, thanks for sharing your report and the great pictures!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter