I'm not used to humidity. Can I still enjoy June?

I've been to CA in June. And I've been to FL in June. There's no comparison. If I'm in FL I'll stop at WDW for a day. Because I'm there. But I always leave happy that our longer trips are in the winter. But I'm also a heat and humidity wimp. You have to know your own heat tolerance.

Yes, it will be hot and humid in June. Is it unbearable? Depends on the actual weather the year you go, your touring plan and how you strategize to stay comfortable, and exactly what you mean by hot and humid. I can handle WDW in early June. Went to Orlando one year in late August when it was nearly 100 degrees and humid by 10am each day and it exceeded my ability to cope. After two days of risking serious heat stroke for me, I spent the next several days sleeping late, enjoying my resort pool, and only went to the parks between about 6 pm and midnight when there was more shade. Basically, go when you can and make the most of it! Drink lots, listen to your body before you overdo it, take enough clothes so if you need a second outfit in a day you have it, and have fun!

I will say this, the shoe advice is real! I have to wear sneakers due to the needing support and cushioning, but great socks that don’t rub are key for me. Others have sandals they rely on. But heat and humidity and a lot of walking means you need footwear that doesn’t cause blisters for you!

Hard to say until you experience it.

I'm from the midwest .. but moved to the coastal southeast .. the difference in summer humidity is night and day as it is just more oppressive when the temperatures are hotter and even the mornings and evenings don't give a lot of relief.

That being said .. I have gone in August twice ..(pretty much the peak of heat/humidity) .. and we've still enjoyed ourselves, just wouldn't be our "first choice" to go again. I would pick June over August any day :)

Just plan for it ... bring cooling towels .. drink lots of water, take breaks, find AC .. go back to the resort for the afternoon .. etc.

It's hot .. and humid .. even in the mornings ... sometimes stifling to breathe. The afternoons can be almost unbearable in places with no breeze (like a lot of queues). Just expect to sweat through your clothes and smell by days end. When we go in the summer or hotel room reeks after a few days and we just need to do laundry even if we have enough clothes for the trip.

Guess I’m the crazy one but I like WDW in the summer! The parks are open later, you can swim and go to the water parks and you can pack light lol. Our trip last December was nice, but we had some 40 degree nights and I hated wearing coats and being cold in the restaurants and buses. It was too chilly for the pools, water rides and wearing shorts and tshirts.

My sister and I love off season, but our job flexibility has changed. It can only be on season for us now.

What I'm reading about June is hot and humid. Lots of rain. Muggy. Doesn't really cool off at night and is hot when you get up in the morning. Is this right? Is it really that bad? Just straight heat all day?

I live in a dry state, so humidity is not something I'm used to.

We like to rope drop and take breaks. Is this still something you can do in Covid time? Do the parks stay open late enough?

Our other option is the busiest time of year, Thanksgiving or Christmas break, cooler, but more crowded and more expensive.

Last time we went was late September, early October. Loved it. It rained every day which I loved. It cooled things off. The one day it didn't rain till later, we were in Epcot world showcase, mid day. We weren't enjoying the heat so left to go back to swim, of course as soon as we were ready to enjoy the pool the rain started. This is the gist of my experience with Florida heat.

I would rather go in June for the price, crowds and we would have complete flexibility for when we can go and how long we can stay. I'm just concerned about not being able to enjoy it because of the heat. Advice?
I’m from South Georgia and we spend a few weeks per year in Florida. I think others have said this... Early June can be ok. July will be hot and wet. August can be the same, but I find the breezes harder to find. I am crazy enough to go in July, but we opt for the beach instead. I would go in June, and we actually do go when Memorial Day weekend carries over into June.

Worst case scenario, you hate it, and spend time at the pool and know what to expect next time.

What I'm reading about June is hot and humid. Lots of rain. Muggy. Doesn't really cool off at night and is hot when you get up in the morning. Is this right? Is it really that bad? Just straight heat all day?

We like to rope drop and take breaks. Is this still something you can do in Covid time? Do the parks stay open late enough?
1. Yes, it really doesn't cool off at night. Nights aren't as hot as day, but they also aren't cool at all, like you get up north in the summer. Yes, straight heat all day, even in the morning. Hotter in the afternoons but not cool at 9am, no.

2. No, they've shortened the park hours due to Covid/cost-cutting so you can't go very early or stay late at all. The hot sun will be out the whole time you're at the parks, except during thunderstorms.

If you can't cope with heat, don't go in June. It's going to be hot and you're going to have to do the parks in the hot sun due to the reduced hours. We've been to WDW multiple times in the summer, but swore off of that last year after we had to do the parks in the midday July heat due to their short hours this past summer. Never again. June won't be much better than July, in terms of heat btw.

Last edited:

We're from PA. We almost always travel to Disney in late June (one year we went in late May). We don't enjoy heat & humidity, but due to work and school schedules, we have about a 3-week window where we can schedule a trip to Disney, so we have to go in June or July. Honestly, even though we expect it to be hot and humid, we never really know what the weather will be like until we get there. We've had some weeks that the heat and humidity are crazy bad -- temps in the upper 90's with "real feel" well into the 100's almost every day -- felt like we were walking into a sauna when we got outside to walk to the bus stop at 7:30 a.m. And we've had trips where temps were in the mid to upper 80's with low humidity for the entire trip. We've never had a June trip that felt "rained out". It's usually just a quick passing shower (less than 30 minutes...usually more like 10-15) in the afternoon -- often when we're cooling off in our hotel room anyway. We had one June trip where it only rained once and that was during the night so it didn't affect us at all. Most years we see 2 or 3 quick rain storms throughout the week. Our May trip was a rain out. It literally rained for hours on end each and every day of our 7-day trip. We still had a great trip, though. So you just never know.... The best thing to do is to be prepared for rain. Make sure everyone in the group has 2 pair of shoes so that if one pair gets soaked, you have a dry pair for the next day. We bring our good Disney ponchos every trip but rarely use them (we only bring them to the park if there is going to be an extended rain event) and usually just throw a cheap rain poncho in our pockets just in case, or we duck into a store to ride out the shower.

We do rope drop when possible and leave the park around lunch time to try and avoid the peak heat and humidity. We head back to the room in the afternoon for a shower/nap/hang out in the a/c or for some swimming. We usually return to the parks after dinner. The humidity is easier to take when the sun isn't beating down on you.

If we're going to be in the parks in the afternoon, we try to do to more shows or indoor attractions to stay out of the heat and humidity as much as possible during that part of the day.

We make sure to drink plenty of water.

I know there are better weather times to go to Disney, but we find June to be tolerable. I would prefer not to go during the summer, but I'd rather go when it's hot and humid than not go at all. We really try not to focus on the weather and simply try to enjoy ourselves.

Last edited:
We've been doing late May early June annually for about 16 years and yes it's fairly hot and crowded and yes it rains every day, at least for awhile. It's still going to be mask time, which is going to make it so much worse. We went last October. It averaged about 86 degrees which would normally be great, but with the masks it was stifling.

I don't like the parks in June. It's too hot and humid for me. I only did one summer trip (it was mid June), and luckily I didn't buy theme park tickets in advance because after doing one theme park day I switched to water based activities for the rest of the trip (resort days, waterparks, and a beach day trip. I bought a week day season pass to one of the water parks and we went to that one three different days.). We went down then as DH had a seminar in Orlando, so some free lodging, etc. and his air was covered. Next time he had a seminar there in the summer (late August), I chose to stay home. // I FYI love Orlando in March thru early May for nice weather, but I realize that isn't one of your choices.

If you do go down then, I highly recommend those spray mist fans for cooling down. Plan some water based activities too. I would hate doing the masks in the summer there, which I would think you would need to do. I'm not a big fan of Thanksgiving or Christmas crowds either, but if going with a Disney diehard who could handle that would actually do that rather than June. I'm a hot/humid weather weenie, though. I just really don't like being anywhere except in A/C or in the water in those kind of conditions.

Last edited:
Never going back in June. Humid, muggy, hot. Always raining so pools were always closed, couldn’t enjoy poolside at Poly or HRH. Spring is the BEST weather!

FWIW, I've lived in the South for over 40 years now, and I've still not gotten used to the humidity. It can be brutal, and I quickly get soaked to the skin.

What I've found that helps me the most is to constantly hydrate. I'll wear a camelback when I'm working outside, doing yard work, etc, and I'm constantly sipping.

Besides that, I just sweat and suffer.

Edit: I've been to Orlando in mid August, and I thought it was more hot and humid than where in live in Alabama!

Last edited:
I'm originally from NJ. Moved to California for 16 years and now live in Georgia for the past 4 years. I have had some experience with the heat and humidity growing up in NJ and still going to NJ for visits (usually in the summer) to family. I knew it was going to be hot & humid moving to GA but it is worst than I anticipated. Our warm up from winter can start as early as March and easily lasts through October. Getting hotter and hotter with each passing month and not really cooling off until late November. It stinks. I can recall a WDW trip during Spring Break (about second week of April) and it was in the mid 90's. I remember hearing people on their phone talking to whoever complaining about the heat. I can't imagine what all that heat feels like now with wearing a mask. UGH! Depends on when you go in June in relation to crowds. Most schools in Florida, and the Southeast for that matter, have their last day of school before Memorial Weekend. A lot of families around here take off for their vacations then. If you're not used to that kind of weather, it may be difficult for you. My guess with Covid and not everything up and running at WDW (especially restaurants where you used to be able to cool off, take a break and eat), it's harder to do so. We have a trip in October, around the second week. I've been there in October too. Got married at WDW. I have no expectations that the weather will be cooling off. I will be packing all summer clothing.

So I don't have a choice being outside and doing life as I live about 30 minutes from the gates. We have a thread in the camping forum about "what's the weather like where you live". I went back to a post from the end of May to see what it was exactly:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/tell-me-the-weather-where-you-live.3224784/page-62There's another post I think from August, you just have to page forward.
In a nutshell, hot and humid-ish. I have found since living here it gets down to the 20% area a lot during the day in summer so it's not always as humid as you would think. I would go if you didn't have to wear a mask as I'm pretty used to the general weather but couldn't do parks in a mask. That's just me.

Last edited:
I'm from NY, and we have humid summers here that are just so gross. I HATE it. Plus I have curly hair so... lol. I've never been to DW in June, so can't comment on that. Typically my family does the week prior to and into Thanksgiving in November annually, but one year decided to try the end of August - Labor Day for my daughter's 8th bday (Sept 3). Oof. Heat and humidity wise, it was awful. It was less crowded for sure than the week we usually go in November, but it felt like it took us longer to do anything because it was SO hot we just dragged from attraction to attraction. We had to take many more "indoor" AC breaks, and break in the afternoon to go back to the hotel to get some reprieve. And it poured every day. Not that it can't rain or get humid there in November, we've seen our share of rain on a day and some humidity, but nothing comparable, and typically we end up with BEAUTIFUL, dry weather in the low to mid 80s. Our opinion? Worth the extra crowding, which is easy to field with rope drop and / or later afternoons and evenings and we went back to November and were MUCH happier overall. I think it's something you can't know for yourself until you give it a try though.

Is June worse than July? 3 years ago we were there in mid to late July, and although it was hot and humid, we didn't find it so bad that we wouldn't go again during that time frame. We canceled our May 2020 trip and rescheduled it for this coming June. Will we find the weather to be worse than the July trip?

No. The temperature peaks ~Aug. 1 and the humidity peaks ~Sept. 1. This is what drives hurricane weather. By the numbers, June should slightly more temperate than late July, but I doubt it will seem much different.

For the OP, humidity can crush people who aren't used to it, it's like walking around wearing a weighted suit all day. We always travel in late Aug., but we grew up in the South, spending most days outdoors (with limited AC at home), heat and humidty is just "Summer vacation weather" to us (we even have the balcony doors open when we are in our room).

Last edited:
This whole tread has this California girl rethinking going in June!
We were touring a college in CA a few years ago with our son, and the guide apologized for the “high humidity”, at which point my wife and I, both from the east coast and genuinuely baffled, looked at each other and said “what humidity?”

This whole tread has this California girl rethinking going in June!

It should! I’m a So Cal girl and I love WDW but June was miserable. Id rather go to the Bahamas in the summer. January was too cold (who knew Florida could dip into the low 40s at night?) and April was perfect. Going back the last week in March, yay!

I'm from western New York. We usually stay at Disney for a very long time. It even gets too humid for me in April. Been there in late May and also July. May and June could be tolerable for me but July wasn't. But it starts getting humid late April.

My sister and I love off season, but our job flexibility has changed. It can only be on season for us now.

I live in a dry state, so humidity is not something I'm used to.

Our other option is the busiest time of year, Thanksgiving or Christmas break, cooler, but more crowded and more expensive.

Last time we went was late September, early October. Loved it. It rained every day which I loved. It cooled things off. The one day it didn't rain till later, we were in Epcot world showcase, mid day. We weren't enjoying the heat so left to go back to swim, of course as soon as we were ready to enjoy the pool the rain started. This is the gist of my experience with Florida heat.

I would rather go in June for the price, crowds and we would have complete flexibility for when we can go and how long we can stay. I'm just concerned about not being able to enjoy it because of the heat. Advice?
I have visited WDW twice in the heat of summer but we were only at the parks for two days each visit. Our long two week plus visits are alwasy late fall or winter. (One of our fall trips the temps were still 88 to 92 daily. It was odd to attend a Christmas party when the heat was 90 degrees.) However, we have eight days planned for the first week of July 2021 to be at WDW for the 4th of July. I expect to be dripping with heat/humidity each and every day!! I live in Ohio and we have humidity but not like FL. Wearning masks in the summer is going to be interesting but no complaining as I knew this when the trip was booked. All being said, we enjoy Disney no matter when we go and adjust.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter