• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I'm serious- Can I book the rerouted Magic cruise leaving tomorrow??

saraheli

Mouseketeer
I am totally serious. We live in NY and kids are off from school Monday through Wednesday of next week for the Jewish Holidays. Do you think its possible to book a room on the Magic leaving out of NY tomorrow which has been rerouted to Canada? I feel like the ship will be empty. Do you think its even possible to book a room so soon in advance? If so do you think the rooms will be deeply discounted? Am I crazy to even being thinking about this?

I am totally serious. We live in NY and kids are off from school Monday through Wednesday of next week for the Jewish Holidays. Do you think its possible to book a room on the Magic leaving out of NY tomorrow which has been rerouted to Canada? I feel like the ship will be empty. Do you think its even possible to book a room so soon in advance? If so do you think the rooms will be deeply discounted? Am I crazy to even being thinking about this?
Under normal circumstances, it's possible to book a cruise tomorrow but you have to do it with a phone call. I'd say that the DCL phones are very busy right now, but it's worth a shot. I doubt that there would be much discount, but there could be a small one.

Ha, I had this thought too, but then I realized I really wouldn't have fun in Canada. BUT, if it was DEEPLY discounted, maybe! Let me know how you make out!

My husband said last night that if we lived in NYC, he'd be on the phone looking to book. :)

I have nothing to add but please let us know what you find out, I'm pretty curious.

The last cruise I booked with Diz was 3 days before departure. Well, technically 2 and 1/2 days til departure. I didn't get luggage tags. I didn't have a room assignment. Was last to get onto the ship. Assigned last seating. Took me longer at check in than usual. But, GREAT cruise.

They have rooms (at least one :) ) as of 1 pm today. My wife called to ask a ? and while on the phone she asked about buying an upgrade to a verandah. It was available but for $1,500 more. The person made it seem like a good number of people had canceled the trip. But that's anecdotal and if the ship was totally full and 5% cancel it's still a lot of people. I agree with PrincessShmoo, don't expect much of a discount but it will be fun!!!!

They have rooms (at least one :) ) as of 1 pm today. My wife called to ask a ? and while on the phone she asked about buying an upgrade to a verandah. It was available but for $1,500 more. The person made it seem like a good number of people had canceled the trip. But that's anecdotal and if the ship was totally full and 5% cancel it's still a lot of people. I agree with PrincessShmoo, don't expect much of a discount but it will be fun!!!!

Wow, I'm surprised at the $1,500 upgrade price.

Their website has been down for a bit! Is it working for anyone else?

Wow, I'm surprised at the $1,500 upgrade price.

In a way, I'm not. It's usually full price to upgrade prior to check-in at the port. Then you can upgrade at port cheaper. While upgrading at port is never guaranteed, I'd say there will be better odds on this cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter