I'm so indecisive...

Ashwen730

Earning My Ears
We will be at WDW for 8 days during Thanksgiving. I have all of the dining reservations made, but I keep changing my mind about a couple of places. It will be me, my husband, our 13 yo daughter and 4 yo son, my mother-in-law, and sister-in-law. I am trying to do a wide variety of meals to cover everyone's must do's. I have done the 1900 PF dinner before and absolutely loved it. We are currently scheduled for Mickey's Backyard BBQ on our last night, but I am considering changing it to 1900 PF since we already have a few other meals with Mickey. I am also considering the Pirates & Pals Fireworks Voyage on the last night, so I want to make sure we have time to get there after dinner. Also considering changing Cape May to Whispering Canyon. Any advice?

Arrival day: No ressies- AoA Food Court
Day 1: HW&V Breakfast, Sci- Fi Lunch
Day 2: BOG PPO Breakfast, CP Dinner
Day 3: CRT Breakfast, 'Ohana Dinner
Day 4: TH Breakfast, Sanaa Dinner
Day 5: T-REX Lunch, Cape May Dinner (Should we change to WCC?)
Day 6: GG Breakfast, Coral Reef Dinner (CP Processional night)
Day 7: Mickey's Backyard BBQ or 1900 PF Dinner followed by Pirates & Pals
Day 8: CM Breakfast then home

Last edited:
Maybe this would be easier if you posted by day and meal time what you've already planned and what you want?:)
So far based on what you've written I'm not sure what the need is for deluxe dining as opposed to the regular dining plan.

No experience here, but keep in mind Mickey's is a seasonal dining event. If you cancel it now, it might take you years to get back to it. My family has gone to WDW around this time only like 2-3x in our lifetime because that time of year conflicts with school/work. Good luck!

We will be at WDW for 8 days during Thanksgiving. I have all of the dining reservations made, but I keep changing my mind about a couple of places. It will be me, my husband, our 13 yo daughter and 4 yo son, my mother-in-law, and sister-in-law. I am trying to do a wide variety of meals to cover everyone's must do's. I have done the 1900 PF dinner before and absolutely loved it. We are currently scheduled for Mickey's Backyard BBQ on our last night, but I am considering changing it to 1900 PF since we already have a few other meals with Mickey. I am also considering the Pirates & Pals Fireworks Voyage on the last night, so I want to make sure we have time to get there after dinner. Also considering changing Cape May to Whispering Canyon. Any advice?

Arrival day: No ressies- AoA Food Court
Day 1: HW&V Breakfast, Sci- Fi Lunch
Day 2: BOG PPO Breakfast, CP Dinner
Day 3: CRT Breakfast, 'Ohana Dinner
Day 4: TH Breakfast, Sanaa Dinner
Day 5: T-REX Lunch, Cape May Dinner (Should we change to WCC?)
Day 6: GG Breakfast, Coral Reef Dinner (CP Processional night)
Day 7: Mickey's Backyard BBQ or 1900 PF Dinner followed by Pirates & Pals
Day 8: CM Breakfast then home

Cape May vs. WCC - I think it really depends on what type of food you want. We like WCC, but prefer the breakfast menu over lunch and dinner. I find their dinner-time food to be a little greasy.

I would do 1900 PF followed by Pirates & Pals, which is such a special experience! I think that's a great way to end your vacation, particularly as you are already going to a number of "Mickey" meals.

No experience here, but keep in mind Mickey's is a seasonal dining event. If you cancel it now, it might take you years to get back to it. My family has gone to WDW around this time only like 2-3x in our lifetime because that time of year conflicts with school/work. Good luck!

I'm not sure what you are referring to. Mickey's BYBQ doesn't take place every night of the week, but it is scheduled year-round.

Your edited opening post has little relationship to the original one.
That's fine since now you better know what questions you are asking.

There's a lot of TS in that plan but if you like to eat big meals I think you've nailed it. Also agree mbbbq is awesome.

We did Pirates and Pals last year, and I really regretted eating a big meal at Be Our Guest before it. There were so many snacks available before we got on the boat and I was too full for them. We had a very early reservation at 4:40, so it wasn't like we went straight from dinner.

I wouldn't do a big buffet or a special event like Mickey's BBQ on the same day as pirates and pals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter