I'm so jealous....

I know exactly how you feel. I was feeling it too. A few weeks ago, my state opened up and I was eligible but I couldn't find a spot. I was beginning to think it would be impossible. Then the other day, I was online at 1 AM, tried a local CVS, and was able to get a spot! I will have vaccine #1 on Monday.

So like I'm sure you've been doing, just keep trying. Someone I work with told me some CVS will give cancelled spots to walk-ins. It will happen, I'm sure of it!

Looks like Krogers are an option as well (both Mesquite and Allen Kroger stores show as having doses available). Check the state Dept of Health and Human services website, vaccine availability map. Also check Baylor Scott and White website.

Eve, check during off-hours, like in the wee hours of the morning, or early, before the vaccination site opens.

This really DOES work! The earliest appointment I was originally able to schedule was about 6 weeks out. And that was by getting online before the site opened. After my nieces & nephews - who were eligible a couple weeks after me, were able to get vaccinated a few days ago, and my family urging me to see if I can get an earlier date, I decided to see if I could get an earlier cancellation.

Since our state's website automatically puts cancellations back in the system as they come in, it means refreshing the page over and over and over again to see what will pop up. (I remember seeing people say that on the news.They would refresh for hours. I didn't understand what they meant at the time.) Then it's like playing Hunger Games, trying to click on it before a few hundred other people click on it at the same time and hoping to get there first. Unfortunately, we usually see a message that the time chosen is no longer available. Refresh, do the darned CAPTCHA over and over. :badpc:

Since I happened to be up at 2am, I decided to try again last night. The site had added a new batch of appointments already, since early yesterday morning when I looked. All of them are for May. Yet, I was seeing a sporadic cancellation pop up every few minutes for next week. Only I wasn't fast enough to nab one. I kept trying for a good half hour. I knew less people were online as the May time slots were being taken a LOT slower than during the morning.

Then 2 cancellations popped up for TODAY! :eek: :faint: I was able to nab one!
2230f80c.gif
I was in shock. I still am. For whatever reason, at 2am-ish people cancel for that day. :worship:

I got my shot. My arm is a little achy. I'll take it. No complaints here. I am grateful to have gotten the shot at all, let alone 3 weeks earlier that originally planned.
Praying1.gif

Here is the screenshot of the confirmation to show I'm not just someone on the Internet blowing hot air and you don't know if the story is real. It DOES happen.

And it's to give you hope and confidence that it can happen for YOU and the others who are reading this: KEEP TRYING! Persist. And do it in the off-hours when less people are on the site. Or when others have said new batches are put into the systems.

Reactions: rlk
I get the vaccine-envy, since I've heard so many stories of people getting vaccinated out of turn. It's frustrating to hear how a business that is not essential or in contact with the public gets all their employees (and friends) vaccinated while those in high risk groups still are struggling to get appointments. It's who you know, not who you are, KWIM?

Teachers in our area were told to volunteer at the local clinic in order to guarantee a vaccination. Then the clinic organizers opened up the clinic to police officers' families - including teenage kids. Teachers had to volunteer 10 hours to get the series of shots, but people not qualified to get the shot at the time could just walk up and get it. It's who you know. So discouraging.

Between the three of us in my nuclear family, we will have volunteered at least 40 hours at clinics. They need more volunteers, but no one is willing to do the time. Hubby is doing two extra shifts to help out. I may do another shift or two as well. We were still hearing how some elderly people have been finding it hard to get an appointment - yet there are so many getting theirs out of turn.

I get the vaccine-envy, since I've heard so many stories of people getting vaccinated out of turn. It's frustrating to hear how a business that is not essential or in contact with the public gets all their employees (and friends) vaccinated while those in high risk groups still are struggling to get appointments. It's who you know, not who you are, KWIM?

Teachers in our area were told to volunteer at the local clinic in order to guarantee a vaccination. Then the clinic organizers opened up the clinic to police officers' families - including teenage kids. Teachers had to volunteer 10 hours to get the series of shots, but people not qualified to get the shot at the time could just walk up and get it. It's who you know. So discouraging.

Between the three of us in my nuclear family, we will have volunteered at least 40 hours at clinics. They need more volunteers, but no one is willing to do the time. Hubby is doing two extra shifts to help out. I may do another shift or two as well. We were still hearing how some elderly people have been finding it hard to get an appointment - yet there are so many getting theirs out of turn.

At this point, we need to just be getting them into people and not worried about being in exactly the right order.

Texas has officially opened vaccines to anyone above 16. I am 33 and have no conditions and was called by the county to get mine.

Looks like Krogers are an option as well (both Mesquite and Allen Kroger stores show as having doses available). Check the state Dept of Health and Human services website, vaccine availability map. Also check Baylor Scott and White website.
Kroger is difficult to make an appointment. Apparently there’s a glitch (for some people) that you find a time for your first shot but when it takes you to schedule your second, it says no appointments available. And you can just book the first shot. It won’t let you move forward until you book the second.

of all the people who've managed to get the vaccine! I'm happy that people are getting it, I just wish it wasn't so hard - at least here. I've been scouring appointment sites for weeks - all booked. Meanwhile, everywhere I look people are reminders about getting vaccinated. Aughhh! I know I'll get it eventually - I just wish it were easier.
Try CVS Pharmacy's website. Look at the list of locations for your state: that will be a starting point to see what's available and what's not. Then you can try booking dates for those locations with availability. You might have to travel but you'd at least get vaccinated.

If you live in Dallas, try the Tarrant County Health Department as well if you haven't yet. They're pretty efficient.

I know so many people are frustrated, and it seems that many like to brag about getting it, making the frustrated crowd even more so

I know so many people are frustrated, and it seems that many like to brag about getting it, making the frustrated crowd even more so
It’s interesting that you see it as bragging. When I posted about getting mine it was to encourage others to go get theirs too and to show that there’s nothing to be afraid of. I think sometimes when folks are jealous or frustrated their state of mind influences how they see things.

It’s interesting that you see it as bragging. When I posted about getting mine it was to encourage others to go get theirs too and to show that there’s nothing to be afraid of. I think sometimes when folks are jealous or frustrated their state of mind influences how they see things.

When people talk about getting the vaccine when they were not yet eligible - that's bragging about how they cheated the system (and cheated someone who was eligible out of that chance to get vaccinated)

Working 2 shifts at the local clinic I see this happening too often. We still have elderly people trying to get the vaccine in our area. Makes me angry to see the politics of it all.

I'm also pretty jealous tbh. Here in the Netherlands we have to wait for an invitation from either the Dutch CDC or your physician and I was expecting to get an invitation for my first dose of AstraZeneca somewhere this week or next week, but then they decided to pause using that vaccine once again over information and side effect we were all already aware of when we restarted the vaccine a few weeks ago.

And literally while I was typing this I got a call from my physician to make an appointment for the 18th of April :)

When people talk about getting the vaccine when they were not yet eligible - that's bragging about how they cheated the system (and cheated someone who was eligible out of that chance to get vaccinated)

Working 2 shifts at the local clinic I see this happening too often. We still have elderly people trying to get the vaccine in our area. Makes me angry to see the politics of it all.
I don’t know anyone who has been vaccinated that did not legit qualify according to the guidelines of where they’re at and that includes two very long threads full of Dissers who have gotten theirs. I do see people who think they know the circumstances of others and make assumptions from there. (I’m not saying that’s you, if people are flat out telling you they’re cheating the system then I can see how that would upset you.) All of my DD’s friends are vaccinated all in their 20’s and from the outside looking in I’m sure there are a lot of people who think they skirted the system when in reality they are teachers, nurses, food production etc. I’m of the opinion that needles in arms no matter who you are benefit us all in the long run. I do sincerely feel for people where their system is lagging or just plain messed up. I can see how that would be very frustrating.

If anyone is in FL, and needs to get vaxxed, the Clay County health site has appointments left for the 7th, 8th and 9th. Plus they are doing a 'vax booth' at the CC fair. You have to travel to the far side of Green Cove Springs (don't speed in the town or just outside it, fair warning), but it's very efficient, quick and the worst part is finding parking...

I'm taking DS17 up today to his appointment (in about 2 hours) for his first shot.

This is a website that a young kid put together for Illinois. It's pretty amazing. You can also find other states at the bottom of the drop down. May be of help.

Hang in there.

www.ilvaccine.org/

yep, this is how we found ours too, I WSU going to suggest the same to you OP, check for a Facebook group in your state. Hope you find something soon!

I don’t know anyone who has been vaccinated that did not legit qualify according to the guidelines of where they’re at and that includes two very long threads full of Dissers who have gotten theirs. I do see people who think they know the circumstances of others and make assumptions from there. (I’m not saying that’s you, if people are flat out telling you they’re cheating the system then I can see how that would upset you.) All of my DD’s friends are vaccinated all in their 20’s and from the outside looking in I’m sure there are a lot of people who think they skirted the system when in reality they are teachers, nurses, food production etc. I’m of the opinion that needles in arms no matter who you are benefit us all in the long run. I do sincerely feel for people where their system is lagging or just plain messed up. I can see how that would be very frustrating.

Sadly, I do. Like I stated before, a business got access and invited friends to come get shots. I actually talked to a parent of someone who claimed to have 2 comorbidities so she could get a shot, when in fact she did not have them. Admitted daughter lied, daughter put it out on social media how to get a shot. Then we had a ton of elderly clients come through who should have gotten shots weeks ago, but couldn't get an appointment.

I finally found an appointment! I was on the CVS website around 1 am and found a whole group of openings in Dallas (so thank you to everyone who suggested looking in the early morning). I'm scheduled for Thursday at 11 am! :banana:
Yay! It's definitely different in every state. DH and I each had to drive 2-3 hours each way to find ours in PA. My DD who went to Hawaii to work from home found one last week from an 'extra' list at a grocery store. She got it (Moderna) on her 26th Bday and was not feeling well for days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter