I'm soooo confused!! Can someone help with rates.

Beauty

DIS Veteran
Okay I just bought the Entertainment Book for Orlando.

Our dates are August 6-15. I've looked at Hotel Kingdom and it looks awfully expensive anywhere onsight.

What do I do next???? I'm so confused :confused:

After I purchased my Entertainment book I called Loews Hotels and asked if the Entertainment rate was available for my dates. I'm going in August and I got the RPR for $119 a night. This is the number I called (888) 837-2273.

Good Luck!:)

Hi,
Thank you so much,

What is the deposit at the time of calling?? Do you have to pay for the entire stay at one time or is it one night like Disney Resorts?

You just have to pay a one night deposit when making your reservation. :D Happy trip planning!

I didn't have to make a deposit at all. All they did was take a credit card number in case I don't show. I have until 5 days before my arrival to cancel without any charges.

Hummmm,

I didn't know that Alliecat. I guess I better look at my credit card statement.

I also wanted to add that I was NOT charged a deposit. They took my cc info, and "held" the room, also stating that I had so many days to cancel......... I think it was 5 days also. I even called back to confirm my reservation because my cc was not charged............ and I checked for 3 months before our trip......... nothing was charged until we checked out!!!!

Also, you will love the RPR it is a gorgeous resort!!

Hi Mego!

I booked through Universal (1-800-BeAStar) so maybe that's the difference? The room deposits have been discussed several times on these boards. It seems like a lot of people (I am one of them) who were told they would be charged a deposit weren't charged. I originally made reservations at HRH and they charged me a one-night deposit within a week or so. I later called and changed my reservations from HRH to RPR. I was told that my HRH deposit would "probably" be applied to my RPR stay instead of being refunded. Well, the HRH deposit has been refunded but a deposit for RPR hasn't yet been charged. I made the reservations months ago. I even called RPR to be sure they had my reservation.

I've written down the number you provided. Next time, I'll make reservations through that number and maybe I won't have to play the "maybe they'll charge a deposit, maybe they won't" game. ;)

I was also told that I could cancel within 5 days of my arrival date with no penalty.

Mego,
What are your dates in August? The best I can get is $153.00 for a standard room and that is at a APH rate.

Pluto,

My dates are August 25-27 for a standard room at the RPR for $119. Hope that helps you. :D

Thanks Mego. I'm going in early August so I can't get such a great rate. Good for you!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter