I'm thankful for...MICKEY!!! My Thanksgiving '08 TR!: TR Update, Last Day!

Hey everyone!

I started a little blog, which is mostly about my pregnancy.

My TR will be done soon (FINALLY), so if you'd like to keep following along, PM me and I'll tell you the blog website!

We had an ultrasound today! :yay: I'm 19 weeks and 2 days along, so this is considered our 20 week ultrasound.

Here is our little one!

19weekus-1.jpg

(I just realized how little that picture is! I'm going to have to ask DH to help me make it bigger!)

I broke down and decided that I needed to know the gender, so we found out that we are having a little princess:!

I am keeping this information a secret from all of my real life friends and family (except for the grandmothers) until my baby shower or until I slip, whichever comes first. So if you are my facebook friend or if you are following my blog, please don't mention that the baby is a girl!

We did find out today that the placenta is low in the uterus. This means that it may develop into placenta previa. If so, I will definitely have to have a c-section and there are several potential complications. We will have another ultrasound in 8 weeks to determine if it is placenta previa. I read that only 10% of placentas that are determined to be low at this point in the pregnancy become placenta previa. So please say some prayers for us that it is not placenta previa!

The baby was kicking her little legs all over the place and moving her hands all about during the ultrasound. It was crazy to see how much movement is really going on in there!

I can not wait to meet my little baby girl! :goodvibes

We had an ultrasound today! :yay: I'm 19 weeks and 2 days along, so this is considered our 20 week ultrasound.

Here is our little one!

19weekus-1.jpg

(I just realized how little that picture is! I'm going to have to ask DH to help me make it bigger!)

I broke down and decided that I needed to know the gender, so we found out that we are having a little princess:!

I am keeping this information a secret from all of my real life friends and family (except for the grandmothers) until my baby shower or until I slip, whichever comes first. So if you are my facebook friend or if you are following my blog, please don't mention that the baby is a girl!

We did find out today that the placenta is low in the uterus. This means that it may develop into placenta previa. If so, I will definitely have to have a c-section and there are several potential complications. We will have another ultrasound in 8 weeks to determine if it is placenta previa. I read that only 10% of placentas that are determined to be low at this point in the pregnancy become placenta previa. So please say some prayers for us that it is not placenta previa!

The baby was kicking her little legs all over the place and moving her hands all about during the ultrasound. It was crazy to see how much movement is really going on in there!

I can not wait to meet my little baby girl! :goodvibes

Awww, heck! I've got tears welling up in my eyes. Our little Swans is having a baby girl! :lovestruc It's going to be soooo much fun to shop for her. :)

Prayers for only good things to happen throughout the entire pregnancy. It's great to know there are capable doctors who can handle nearly every problem before it arises or meet it head on if it does. :thumbsup2

We're getting another DIS baby! :banana:

Ah, Julie!!! Congrats on having a little princess! How exciting! Girls always make good first babies! :goodvibes

Lots of prayers that your placenta doesn't cause complications! :hug:

Congratulations Julie!!!!! I know you can't wait to meet your little princess. I can't even explain to you how much your life will soon change. I'll keep you and the little one in my prayers for a safe and healthy pregnancy and delivery. Can't wait for the newest DisPrincess to arrive!

Congratulations Julie!!! I'm so excited about your little princess: I'll be praying that everything is fine for both of you! :hug:

aaaaaaaaaaaaw yay! your very own PRINCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm so pleased you found out! I always wanted to but hubby was dead against it the grump! hee hee!
My friend was in the same situation as you at her 20-week scan and a bit later on (30-weeks ish I think) they found her placenta had moved around which was great news. Will be keeping things crossed for you!
Julie and Toby xxxxxxxxxxx

CONGRATULATIONS JULIE!!!! How exciting you're having a little princess!! :hug:

I don't think I'd be able to go without knowing if it was a boy or girl either. I'm interested to see how long you'll be able to hold it in from all your friends and family too! :laughing:

Congrats again!!

Oh Julie....

I am so happy fo you! princess: the ultra-sound picture is beautiful...a perfect profile shot :goodvibes

I had potential placenta previa w/ my first pregnacy w/ the twins my daughter Aldine was lowest down as was her placenta...but by the time the twins were ready to be born it had aleviated itself...I hope the same will be for you too!

Julie (too)

I came over from Memom's report. CONGRATS ON YOUR PRINCESS!!!! That is so exciting. I have a 3 year old princess and am due with our second March 30th (3 days after you - yeah). We find out if it is a prince or princess on Nov 17th (was supposed to be next week, but we will be in Disney, so I will wait patiently since it is for Disney).

If you don't mind, would you PM your blog - would love to keep up with your progress as I will be at each stage at the same time. Maybe, I will do a blog, too.

Hi Julie,
I followed you over from memom's report.
Congrats!!!:dance3::cheer2:. Princesses are so much fun. They are also a lot of fun to shop for. I have 2 myself.
Praying for you that you have no complications and you have a safe healthy pregnancy.
Off to catch up on you actual TR.:flower3:
Barbara

yeah for a girl!!! :cool1: Congrats!!

Thank you!!

Ah, Julie!!! Congrats on having a little princess! How exciting! Girls always make good first babies! :goodvibes

Lots of prayers that your placenta doesn't cause complications! :hug:

Thanks Jackie!

Congratulations Julie!!!!! I know you can't wait to meet your little princess. I can't even explain to you how much your life will soon change. I'll keep you and the little one in my prayers for a safe and healthy pregnancy and delivery. Can't wait for the newest DisPrincess to arrive!

Thanks Jill!

I can't believe we still have 20 more weeks to go till our princess arrives! I can't wait to meet her!

Congratulations Julie!!! I'm so excited about your little princess: I'll be praying that everything is fine for both of you! :hug:

Thank you!

aaaaaaaaaaaaw yay! your very own PRINCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm so pleased you found out! I always wanted to but hubby was dead against it the grump! hee hee!
My friend was in the same situation as you at her 20-week scan and a bit later on (30-weeks ish I think) they found her placenta had moved around which was great news. Will be keeping things crossed for you!
Julie and Toby xxxxxxxxxxx

I was completely against finding out the gender until about 2 days before the ultrasound! When I gave in, DH was super happy!

I am relieved to hear stories of the placenta moving. I sure hope that happens for me.

CONGRATULATIONS JULIE!!!! How exciting you're having a little princess!! :hug:

I don't think I'd be able to go without knowing if it was a boy or girl either. I'm interested to see how long you'll be able to hold it in from all your friends and family too! :laughing:

Congrats again!!

Thank you!

I have been good about keeping the secret so far, but it's only been 3 days!!!

Congrats!! So happy for you.

Oh Julie....

I am so happy fo you! princess: the ultra-sound picture is beautiful...a perfect profile shot :goodvibes

I had potential placenta previa w/ my first pregnacy w/ the twins my daughter Aldine was lowest down as was her placenta...but by the time the twins were ready to be born it had aleviated itself...I hope the same will be for you too!

Julie (too)

Thank you Julie!

I sure hope I have the same thing happen to me with the placenta. It is reassuring to hear about people who had the same issue.

A girl....nice.:thumbsup2

She's already so big.

Are you talking about me or the baby being big? :rotfl:

I came over from Memom's report. CONGRATS ON YOUR PRINCESS!!!! That is so exciting. I have a 3 year old princess and am due with our second March 30th (3 days after you - yeah). We find out if it is a prince or princess on Nov 17th (was supposed to be next week, but we will be in Disney, so I will wait patiently since it is for Disney).

If you don't mind, would you PM your blog - would love to keep up with your progress as I will be at each stage at the same time. Maybe, I will do a blog, too.

Welcome! :welcome:

Congratulations to you on your second baby! Are you hoping for one or the other? Have fun in Disney!!!

Hi Julie,
I followed you over from memom's report.
Congrats!!!:dance3::cheer2:. Princesses are so much fun. They are also a lot of fun to shop for. I have 2 myself.
Praying for you that you have no complications and you have a safe healthy pregnancy.
Off to catch up on you actual TR.:flower3:
Barbara

Hello! Welcome! :welcome:

I can not wait for my little princess to arrive! I've already had fun shopping for her. I went to the Disney store, but I wasn't in love with the infant stuff they had, so I'll have to keep checking...

Awww, heck! I've got tears welling up in my eyes. Our little Swans is having a baby girl! :lovestruc It's going to be soooo much fun to shop for her. :)

Prayers for only good things to happen throughout the entire pregnancy. It's great to know there are capable doctors who can handle nearly every problem before it arises or meet it head on if it does. :thumbsup2

We're getting another DIS baby! :banana:

Thanks MeMom!

I do love to shop, so shopping for my little girl will make shopping even more fun!

I do have a great doctor and that makes the placenta stuff a little easier to deal with. I feel confident that if it does become placenta previa, he will keep the baby and me safe until it's time for her to come.

Here is our little one!

19weekus-1.jpg

we found out that we are having a little princess:!

CONGRATS!!! She's so cute!! :goodvibes

How exciting to find out about your princess :goodvibes. I'm not far behind you....I have my ultrasound on the day before Thanksgiving. Right before I head to Disney!! :woohoo: Oh my, I'm sure I won't find anything I want to buy $$$$ :rolleyes: I'm just so anxious to find out the sex of the baby and that everything looks ok!!

Hopefully you won't have problems with the placenta previa. I have a friend that with both of her pregnancies they were watching it but by the time everything stretched out and she was ready to deliver the placenta had moved. But hey....at least you get to have another ultrasound!! :thumbsup2

Congratulations Julie!! princess: You must be so excited! :goodvibes

I too have heard a lot of stories about people who were at risk for placenta previa and over time it resolved itself. It's something to keep an eye on, but I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

CONGRATS!!! She's so cute!! :goodvibes

How exciting to find out about your princess :goodvibes. I'm not far behind you....I have my ultrasound on the day before Thanksgiving. Right before I head to Disney!! :woohoo: Oh my, I'm sure I won't find anything I want to buy $$$$ :rolleyes: I'm just so anxious to find out the sex of the baby and that everything looks ok!!

Hopefully you won't have problems with the placenta previa. I have a friend that with both of her pregnancies they were watching it but by the time everything stretched out and she was ready to deliver the placenta had moved. But hey....at least you get to have another ultrasound!! :thumbsup2

Oh, that's going to be so much fun to find out your baby's gender right before your Disney trip! You will definitely find more than enough things you'll want to buy. You'll have to exhibit some super-human self-control!

I keep hearing that about the placenta previa and I'm hoping that mine turns out the same!

Congratulations Julie!! princess: You must be so excited! :goodvibes

I too have heard a lot of stories about people who were at risk for placenta previa and over time it resolved itself. It's something to keep an eye on, but I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

Thanks Amy!

I have heard many encouraging things about the placenta previa, so I am very hopeful!

When last I left you, it was our last full day at Disney World. We had spent the morning in the Magic Kingdom.

We planned to see Fantasmic that night, and the rest of the gang decided to go back to Pop to rest up before the evening of fun.

Because it was our last full day, I absolutely could not bring myself to go back to the hotel.

So I decided to check out Epcot one more time.

Hello Epcot!

DSC00756.jpg

I wandered over to World Showcase and watched the candy lady for a bit

DSC00769.jpg

See the lady wearing earmuffs? And the bundled up kid next to her? It was COLD that day!!!

I found this written on the wall in the American Adventure and I loved it!

DSC00775.jpg

Soon it was time to head for the boat to DHS. I went through the International Gateway and saw all of these banners that said "Merry Christmas" in a bunch of different languages. Loved that!

DSC00776.jpg

I waited a little while for a boat over by the Yacht Club (I think).

DSC00778.jpg

And soon I arrived at DHS.

I was hungry at this point and wondered why I hadn't gotten any food at Epcot?! :confused3

Oh well! I remembered that my cousin had gotten some Curried Chicken at the ABC Commissary the year before and I was jealous because it looked and smelled delicious. So I was off the the Commissary. I got the Curried Chicken to go and then made my way over to Fantasmic to meet up with my family.

Let me tell you, that Curried Chicken hit the spot on that cold night! The benches at Fantasmic were freezing my buns off and if I hadn't had the warm Curried Chicken, I would have been miserable!

Anyways, on with the show!

THIS warmed us up!

DSC00787.jpg

I love this part!

DSC00789.jpg

I didn't take many pictures at Fantasmic because that necessitated taking my mittens off. And I wasn't willing to do that too many times!

Next, we made the decision that I regret to this day. We decided not to go see the Osborne Lights and we went over to Downtown Disney. Who does that?! :confused3 I think the cold weather got the best of us and we just wanted to be in the warmth of the stores at Downtown Disney. So we left DHS and went over to DTD. I keep telling myself that it just means I'll have to go back again at Christmas time so I can see the Osborne lights!

I can't wait to go into this store with my baby girl!

DSC00798.jpg

We happened upon the Ghiradelli store and I decided to check if they sold hot chocolate.

DSC00799.jpg

And they did! Jackpot! It was DELICIOUS!!! I could go for some of that right now.

Soon, it was time to head back to Pop for my last night on Disney property. :sad2:

I went back to the room and packed up my stuff. Look at those sad suitcases.

DSC00801.jpg

I went to sleep and slept HARD until my alarm rang in the morning.

I got myself ready and brought my luggage down to check it in before I headed to DHS.

Waiting for my last Pop elevator ride.

DSC00803.jpg

Good-bye enormous Christmas tree.

DSC00805.jpg

My parents and I then met up and headed over to DHS for our last morning of Disney fun.

Next up: The End (FINALLY!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter