I'm thinking... Pink & Silver... ?

Izzy Pooh

Mouseketeer
I've begun my wedding research and I have decided I would like to have Pink & Silver with White accents for my wedding, the only problem is that I went to look at bridesmaid dresses today and I'm not sure how to incorporate Pink & Silver together, it didn't look right to me but that could have just been because of the shade of Pink the store had. :confused3

Just wondering if anyone has used Pink & Silver as there colors and if so--any pics/wedding report that I can get an idea.? Especially how to incorporate those colors into the invitations?

I would be very grateful especially since I'm not very creative at all.

Thanks,
*Izzy*

Several brides have used pink as the primary color, and the weddings were amazing! Just beautiful . . .

We're using silver and fuschia as our primary colors, with a teeny bit of blue thrown in. We're using ivory roses (for the guys and moms), fuschia roses (for the ladies) and "rossini" roses - which are ivory with fuschia tips (for the bride!). The bridesmaids will be wearing gowns in Alfred Angelo platinum with fuschia rose bouquets. Our tablecloths will be silver, with white organza napkins, fuschia rose petals, votives and rhinestone confetti on the reception guest tables. Here's what everything looks like when you throw it all together:

568963250_s6eEF-L.jpg

Yes, I def think so also- I love the color pink so I think it's a wonderful choice especially for a wedding. My problem is that I've been a simple 1-color person when it comes to putting something together; I would have just done all pink or all silver but then I would love to do something "different" since it will be a very special day to me. :)

I love your idea about your bridesmaids wearing platinum with fuschia rose bouquets. I will def play around with that idea. Everything looks so wonderful for your wedding. :goodvibes

Thank You, I really do appreciate you sharing your idea/info with me. :flower3:

We are doing pink, black and ivory. Love pink! I happened to like the rose petal shade from Davids Bridal.

My friend just had a wedding (I'm kicking myself for not taking my camera)... maybe when some people start to upload pix on facebook I can post... but anyway, her colors were pink and silver. She had the girls in silver dresses carrying pink flowers.... it looked really good!

Hi,

If you do not find a shade of pink for your BM dresses you can always use another color. Your BM color dresses do not have to be the color scheme of your wedding, I read in Brides Magazine that Brides should use everyday colors (grey, black, cream, brown, etc) so your BM can use it again for another occasion. Also, you can always pair the dress with some pink accessories (pink shoes, pink earrings, etc).

Below are some ideas of BM dresses that would look great with pink and silver

grey dress with silver accents by Bari Jay
http://barijay.com/dress/popuppics/380bg.jpg

black dress by Bari Jay
http://barijay.com/dress/popuppics/382bg_black_black.jpg

brown dress by " "
http://barijay.com/dress/popuppics/640bg_mink.jpg

I love Bari Jay BM dresses, he has such variety and the dresses don't look like regular BM dresses.

Hope this helps:thumbsup2

You can definitely use those two colors. I'm doing gray with purple and sage green. The girls dresses will be in gray, their flowers will be purple with some greenery. I like having the girls in gray because I think they will stand out enough against my dress and against the guys in black. I also wanted them to be able to wear the dress again if they wanted.

I did initially look at the dresses with the coordinating ribbon, but it just didn't work out since I wanted tea length. Sometimes it is difficult with the designer's colors, then I thought, a gray dress is much more wearable again than a gray dress with a lavender sash. So they will have purple flowers and the stems can be wrapped in purple ribbon.

For the reception you could do pink tablecloths and then add silver chiavari chairs, maybe have the floral arrangements in silver vases. Or you could do silver tablecloths with pink napkins. There are tons of ways to incorporate the colors you want.

I would say pick out the girls dresses first, figure out if you want them in silver or pink. Once you have that, it'll be easier to figure out how the color scheme will go. You may find a dress you love but it doesn't come in the exact color you imagined. If you don't like the pink shades they have, you maybe better off going with a silver dress and have the floral be in the pink you want.

Hope that helps.

We are doing pink, black and ivory. Love pink! I happened to like the rose petal shade from Davids Bridal.

My friend just had a wedding (I'm kicking myself for not taking my camera)... maybe when some people start to upload pix on facebook I can post... but anyway, her colors were pink and silver. She had the girls in silver dresses carrying pink flowers.... it looked really good!

I went to Davids Bridal yesterday just to try and get an idea of what color pink and silver I would like, I think the one that I liked was called Blush Pink.? :confused3 I can't remember now. :lmao: But so far I really am loving the idea of silver dresses and pink flowers.

But I'm thinking now, If my wedding dress was to have a pink sash/ribbon around it and my bridesmaid dresses were silver, it would clash, right? :rotfl: I even confuse myself now.

You can also do pink dresses with silver jewlery, silver shoes, pink and white flowers with silver bouquet jewlery in the bouquet. I love the idea of for the tablecloths pink overlays with silver chairs. This would definately be a great idea.

Linda

Hi,

If you do not find a shade of pink for your BM dresses you can always use another color. Your BM color dresses do not have to be the color scheme of your wedding, I read in Brides Magazine that Brides should use everyday colors (grey, black, cream, brown, etc) so your BM can use it again for another occasion. Also, you can always pair the dress with some pink accessories (pink shoes, pink earrings, etc).

Below are some ideas of BM dresses that would look great with pink and silver

grey dress with silver accents by Bari Jay
http://barijay.com/dress/popuppics/380bg.jpg

black dress by Bari Jay
http://barijay.com/dress/popuppics/382bg_black_black.jpg

brown dress by " "
http://barijay.com/dress/popuppics/640bg_mink.jpg

I love Bari Jay BM dresses, he has such variety and the dresses don't look like regular BM dresses.

Hope this helps:thumbsup2

Awww, I love all 3 dresses! :)

I've been thinking that maybe I'll go with silver dresses (let my bridesmaids pick out the style they want for themselves) as long as it is the same color silver and same length so like that it can be a dress they can use again if they like. Then pair it up with Pink flowers and I like your idea of pink accessories. :thumbsup2

Thanks again :)

Not sure if this link will work but here goes.

http://www.alfredangelo.com/Collect...egoryId=7ca192cc-0f8c-4474-99fa-6343769b3889#

My girls wore Alfred Angelo in claret. I let them pick any dress they wanted to as long as it was in that color. They have a great separates line and that have Platinum as one of their colors.

Here is photo of my girls.

2ef6fd66.jpg

They all wore a different dress. One girl wore one from the Separates collection and her top were white and red and her skirt was red. I loved that combo. The other two wore all red. I think the Platinum color would be great. This way they could all pick their own dress - one that fits their personality. AA dresses are well made and the prices are good. If you do one with the two colors from the separate line, I don't think one has to be white. Maybe you could do a platinum skirt, a platinum top and have it trimed in one of the pinks.

Linda

You can definitely use those two colors. I'm doing gray with purple and sage green. The girls dresses will be in gray, their flowers will be purple with some greenery. I like having the girls in gray because I think they will stand out enough against my dress and against the guys in black. I also wanted them to be able to wear the dress again if they wanted.

I did initially look at the dresses with the coordinating ribbon, but it just didn't work out since I wanted tea length. Sometimes it is difficult with the designer's colors, then I thought, a gray dress is much more wearable again than a gray dress with a lavender sash. So they will have purple flowers and the stems can be wrapped in purple ribbon.

For the reception you could do pink tablecloths and then add silver chiavari chairs, maybe have the floral arrangements in silver vases. Or you could do silver tablecloths with pink napkins. There are tons of ways to incorporate the colors you want.

I would say pick out the girls dresses first, figure out if you want them in silver or pink. Once you have that, it'll be easier to figure out how the color scheme will go. You may find a dress you love but it doesn't come in the exact color you imagined. If you don't like the pink shades they have, you maybe better off going with a silver dress and have the floral be in the pink you want.

Hope that helps.

Your colors sound so amazing! :) I def have to figure out the exact shade I will like to use for the bridesmaid dresses then I have to figure out what to do with my invitations because I really looove the whole card/pocket look so I have to figure out how to incorporate the pink/silver.

Thank You very much :)

You can also do pink dresses with silver jewlery, silver shoes, pink and white flowers with silver bouquet jewlery in the bouquet. I love the idea of for the tablecloths pink overlays with silver chairs. This would definately be a great idea.

Linda

Aww, that sounds lovely also. I guess I would really have to see if I can find the right "baby pink" shade I like if not the bridesmaid dresses will have to be silver. :goodvibes Would I be able to see the type of tablecloths & chairs there are during the planning session? :confused3 When it comes to the decor I have no idea how that would work *yet* .

Ty Linda :)

We did cards and pockets with a red pocket, a black backing and white invite and white inserts. Our printing was black but with our headings for the inserts and our names on the invite in red. It really looked great. We used a red ribbon to go around the invite (with red on red Mickey's on the ribbon - we got it at the Disney store at Christmas time) and then we used a white 1 1/2 x 1/1/2 square where the flap went over. Everyone loved them and most people thought Disney made them (I made sure to tell them we made them),

Anyway, Cards and Pockets has some pink pockets and you can use silver ribbon to go around it and use pearlized white inside (not sure if they have silver - I haven't been on their website in a while). Anyway have loads of fun planning and can't wait to read more.

Linda

Not sure if this link will work but here goes.

http://www.alfredangelo.com/Collect...egoryId=7ca192cc-0f8c-4474-99fa-6343769b3889#

My girls wore Alfred Angelo in claret. I let them pick any dress they wanted to as long as it was in that color. They have a great separates line and that have Platinum as one of their colors.

Here is photo of my girls.

2ef6fd66.jpg

They all wore a different dress. One girl wore one from the Separates collection and her top were white and red and her skirt was red. I loved that combo. The other two wore all red. I think the Platinum color would be great. This way they could all pick their own dress - one that fits their personality. AA dresses are well made and the prices are good. If you do one with the two colors from the separate line, I don't think one has to be white. Maybe you could do a platinum skirt, a platinum top and have it trimed in one of the pinks.

Linda

:yay: The link did work, Thanks! I'm taking a look at the separates now in the Platinum color and in the Pink. So far I'm leaning towards the Platinum :) I love your colors especially the combo and you look so beautiful! What's the bouquet called that your girls had? I've seen it a few times in wedding reports but I have no idea what it is called? I think I would love to have something like that. :goodvibes

Thanks again Linda

Glad you can get onto the Alfred Angelo site. My girls had the rose wands - it is three roses surounded by the white tule and red ribbon. You can get the rose wands with either a smaller amount of roses and I have heard that some girls have gotten five but when we asked our floral person about this she said that five was too many as they are wound tightly to the very top and would not look right.

Linda

Pink and silver were our colors too!!

I had the girls in a light pink and the guys wore silver vests. We did lots of shades of pink in the floral and then added loads of BLING to put a silver shine to everything. I'm in the middle of finishing my trip report so you can look there and feel free to use any of the ideas!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1502167

051781-0081a.jpg

051781-0055a.jpg

CutieBug: All of the pink was beautiful! I particularly liked the pink accents on your gown and tiara. I went back and read your PJ. Also like the fact that your maids got to wear tiaras as well. Very, very pretty.

Pink and silver were our colors too!!

I had the girls in a light pink and the guys wore silver vests. We did lots of shades of pink in the floral and then added loads of BLING to put a silver shine to everything. I'm in the middle of finishing my trip report so you can look there and feel free to use any of the ideas!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1502167

051781-0081a.jpg

051781-0055a.jpg

I love-love your idea of the girls in pink and the guys in silver! :) I love your and your girls dresses and flowers, so very pretty. I'm going to read up on your TR, I'm sure you had some great ideas.

Thanks! :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter