IMPORTANT!! All DCL cruisers please read!!

Try some magnetic sheets or magnetic tape to use as a backing for your door magnets. Available at office supply stores like Staples.

I loved looking at all the magnets on the doors when we went on our first cruise. Now that we are on our way to number 2 I have the whole family looking out for magnets that express who we are!

I'm happy to hear they are cracking down on damaging the doors. Magnets just all around make more sense. Easy to apply, remove, and they do no damage!

I plan on making our own magnets for our next cruise using craft store sheets. Cheap and inexpensive to replace if someone else does decide to, ah, commandeer our decorations! :goodvibes

Try some magnetic sheets or magnetic tape to use as a backing for your door magnets. Available at office supply stores like Staples.

:thumbsup2 I just found a package of 5 for $13.00 at OfficeMax (ouch), but found a package of 3 for $5.00 at Walmart! Yay!:yay: Hope that helps!

hi where to buy them??????I need to know too!

I found the 8 1/2 x 11 magnetic sheets at Walmart. They were about $6.00 for three sheets per pack. The magnets came out great.:woohoo:

:thumbsup2 I just found a package of 5 for $13.00 at OfficeMax (ouch), but found a package of 3 for $5.00 at Walmart! Yay!:yay: Hope that helps!

This is what I used last year, and they are all still on our refrigerator:
http://www.amazon.com/Avery-Magnet-...HN5Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1314658424&sr=8-1

5 sheets for under $9.00, and free shipping if I throw in a DVD to make the order over $25! I believe I found these at a local big box office supply store, too for those in a hurry...

I put a note about the rule change on my site as well as some new door number decorations, like in my sig.

I'd suggest not springing for the magnetic sheets! You can use photo paper to get a gorgeous image, then use strips of sticky-back magnets. If you can't get it laminated, just pack it in a pocket folder (like we all just had to buy for back to school!) to protect it in your luggage/carry-on.

You can get so many of those stickyback magnets for cheap- the magnet paper is much more expensive. :earsgirl:

Same plea from me. Spread the word, and maybe the TA's here can provide a little monograph about the whole door magnet subject to their clients.

As a TA I always provide personalized door signs for my clients and they are always attached with magnets. I also advise the clients NOT TO use any adhesives on their doors or inside of their rooms. :goodvibes

Has anyone had experience with having their magnets moved to other cabin doors?

We have, but it's generally kids being mischievous. It's far less liekly to happen if you put your cabin number somewhere on the sign.

We always bring extras and stick them on poeple's doors, too -- on our last cruise, there was a kid who stared at our Tinkerbell sign every single day, so we found her cabin and stuck it on her door. Definitely a cheap way to spread some pixie dust!

Also, we never buy the sheets. I bought a roll of magnetic strip for about $3 at Michaels (with coupon) years ago and have used it for many cruises.

Someone else briefly mentioned this earlier. But I found some really cute window clings that I was hoping would adhere to the cabin door. I tried them on my metal filing cabinet and they stuck wonderfully. Don't leave a film or mess either. Has anyone else personally tried these? I don't want to bother taking them if it isn't going to work out.
Thanks!

We're using the laminated door signs with magnetic tape on the back for our upcoming cruise.

Since we're printing them ourselves, we're going to print "property of Jay and Mary Ann" on the back side of the paper over and over (in grey so it doesn't bleed through), so that no matter where we cut it out, it shows up on the backside of the magnet.

Won't stop mischief, but it will hopefully deter outright theft.

Although it seems that the consensus is that it's rare, thank goodness.

Wow! This is my first cruise ever and I am so glad we are choosing Disney! It will be our honeymoon and I am hoping to find Groom Mickey and Bride Minnie magnets for our door. Any ideas?

This will also be my first Disney Cruise. Very interesting! Didn't know about the door decor. I will have to find a way to make it personal as we are renewing our vows so would love to do something with that theme. THanks!:lovestruc

We have been using the 3M Command hooks in the staterooms...we haven't left any marks there....I hope it isn't the 3M stuff! On the door we just use magnets....

I wouldn't take any chances i would usethe magents. I have an ideal my friend gave me a photo magent cover. what it is is this you slide a photo into the clear opening and you have a magent and your photo is kept clean. I plan on getting more:surfweb::thumbsup2

Wow! This is my first cruise ever and I am so glad we are choosing Disney! It will be our honeymoon and I am hoping to find Groom Mickey and Bride Minnie magnets for our door. Any ideas?

Yes, here is the link in my next post of all of the "Ears". They do have Bride and Groom ears! Very cute!

With it being December when we cruise and a Christmas surprise for my kids are there any Christmas graphics so I can make some cute magnets?? :cloud9:

Ok, you've all convenced me to decorate our door...the kids are going to love it. I can't wait!!

Please don't use the jelly looking window clings on the stateroom doors. We saw one of the doors on the ship and they had been stained with halloween designs becasue of the jelly stickies. I am not sure if Disney charged the person who was in the room because it was obvious it hapopened before our cruise but I wouldn't take the chance.

Magnets worked great. We made some fun signs on cardstock and bought a roll of magnet with an adhesive side. Cost me less than $6 dollars for everything

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter