Impromtu Solo Trip...

celina14

Mouseketeer
Hey everyone! So, my husband just told me last night that he has an opportunity to go to a work conference in Orlando at the beginning of April for 4 days and the hotel for the conference is Coronado Springs. He mentioned that maybe I could come down with him since the hotel will already be covered so I'd just have to pay for my flight and park tickets. He'd be spending most of his time at the conference and with his co-workers so I'd be on my own for most of the trip. I've never been to Disney by myself before and I'm feeling so guilty about going to Disney without my kids (they're 5 and 2 and we were just there as a family in November for 10 days so I shouldn't feel that guilty, LOL). Talk to me about what it's like doing Disney on your own. I'm not used to ever being alone really because I'm usually with my husband and/or my kids so I'm nervous that I'll be lonely or sad that I don't have anyone to share it with. I'm torn with whether or not to do it. I'd probably only be doing 2 days at the parks. He did mention that maybe I could just bring my older one with me but I think I'd feel even more guilty about that. Plus, that does double the expense and I'm not sure it's worth it for such a short trip because we're trying to buy a new house soon so trying to not spend too much. So, what would you do and what are your suggestions for making the most out of a solo trip! Thanks!

I've gone solo a bunch of times and love it. You can do so much more by yourself. Ride what you want, see the shows you want, shop when you want...no one else to have to cater to...

If you start feeling lonely then strike up conversations with other guests or CMs. The CMs are fun to interact with!

Solo trips are fun! Give it a shot...you'll never know unless you try.

Go ahead and try it. I've done one solo trip and enjoyed it. I have another one planned for late May/early June, celebrating the Dis's 20th anniversary. It's nice to just take it slow and relax. Or if you're the type, take it fast and go a little crazy. Lol. You can always have the evenings with your husband, maybe a romantic dinner?

Thanks for the tips. I think I'm going to do it. I really never have any time to just myself so it will be nice to just be able to relax and do whatever I want. Plus the flower and garden festival is going on so that would be nice to see! I probably just won't tell my kids... lol!

Yeah for you! :tigger::donald::stitch::sulley::mickeyjum:dumbo::donald: how exciting.

Don't feel guilty! All mom's need some Me time, which most of us never take! Yes, you probable will feel a little lonely, sad or like everyone is looking at you (they are not) but it probable won't feel that way for long if you allow yourself to enjoy your alone time. I never had the opportunity and am so :worship: looking forward to a solo trip when my daughter goes away to college. My alone time has only been them away having fun and me getting cleaning, etc. done.

I would plan to do everything that you can't do with the kids or your husband. OMG - just going ot the bathroom by myself or feeding just myself would have been a joy. :rotfl: If you like the pools, hang out there for awhile uninterrupted, eat at a restaurant (menus: http://allears.net/dining/menu/), enjoy the more adult attractions at the parks. I will say that the times without my kids are tougher when I spend time watching others with theirs so try not to.

I hope you have a blast.

Hoping you opt for this because what a great opportunity for you to go and just take care of yourself for a few days! Maybe take in those parks, attractions, shows & restaurants that you know your kids/DH wouldn't really want to do. Make it about you and what interests you. Maybe do some resort hopping and ride the monorail, boat to Wilderness Lodge or boat from DIS Springs to/from POFQ or POR. Also def check out the updated menus on allears to see what appeals to you. Have a great time! :thumbsup2

I've gone down solo for conferences a number of times and have always tagged on a couple of days on either end to enjoy the parks and resorts, and always have a great time and end up with new friends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter