• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

In And Out Burger

tink71973

Mouseketeer
If you are looking for a good burger you have to go to IN AND OUT. I grew up in califorina and now live in Colorado and it is always my first stop when I make it home for a visit. 600 S Brookhurst St. I love the shakes. ::MinnieMo

Growing up in So. Cal. it was a fav of ours too. Now I'm up in No. Cal. and they have them up here (about the last 5-7 years now)

I would love to try them on our So. Cal trip, I'm always up for a good burger! Will be in Anaheim and San Diego. Wher can I find In and Out? (Sorry, Brookhurst st. means nothing to me, as I've never been to Cal before!)

:moped: from DisneyLand take katella Ave west for about 2 miles to Brookhurst St. Make a right turn go about 1.5 miles it will be on the right hand side look for the yellow arrow.

Yes, I agree.....IN AND OUT burgers are VERY good. And the service is incredible!!!

These are the best. I live in Oregon and we don't have them, but I work in Ca and am on my way down tonight. Just yesterday I mentioned to the Fam that I'm very excited that I get to have an In and Out burger! They thought I was crazy... Their fries are so tasty and the shakes are the best I've had in a long time. My mouth is watering - my flight can come soon enough today!!

I'm sure they have a website?? Also, what airport are you flying into? If the Ontario airport they have one RIGHT THERE :)

No In and Outs in New Mexico..... I'm drooling just thinking about them.......

I was telling hubby this AM that the two food things I want to try while In California are 1) fish tacos 2) In & Out Burger!

In and Out is now on our "Must Do" list .. there is one very near the Character Warehouse outlet so it's a good excuse to take a drive that way (or brave the city bus as we did last spring- about 30 minute ride ).

When we looked up info for DH dialysis sessions for our trip in May we found that there is a center in the same strip mall as character warehouse.. so glad he can dialyze in an area we are familiar with and able to take surface streets and not worry about gettting lost taking freeway.

Even better..
He could pick up some IN and OUT on his way back to the hotel :love:

In and out info:
http://www.inandout.com/
http://www.zenlemur.com/innout.shtml

Character warehouse:
http://www.ams-liquidation.com/index.htm

When the first In-n-out came to Arizona the lines were sometimes as long as 2 hours to get a burger!
:crazy:
I actually don't really care for them - but I have family members who LOVE the place.

I haven't had WC but DH has and he says YES, they are better, of course it's all a matter of opinion :)

WC are NOTHING compared to In and Out! WC is kinda gross to me... greasy and not fresh.

In and Out burgers are made fresh and sell so fast that everything is super fresh and delicious. They cut the potatoes into fries there at the restaurant and fry 'em up all day long. Tip on the fries - eat them immediately! They lose their pizazz the longer you wait to eat them... they kinda get limp.

Lastly, when you go get your In and Out, expect a wait! I've never been there (there is one 15 minutes from my house... I live in San Diego) and I always have to wait at least 10 minutes in the drive thru, no matter what time it is.

Good stuff! :jumping1:

OK my mouth was watering and I was copying down all the information till I got to the part about were they as good as White Castles. Please tell me they are not a White Castle Belly Bomb hamburger LOL

In Japan during the high flying economic times, wealthy people would go down to the docks to get the freshest sushi imaginable. The prices on tuna were tied to how fresh it was -- it would literally drop hundreds of dollars in price with each minute that went before it was served.

In 'n out is kind of like that. You've got to eat them fresh. When they hand you your tray, it is one of the best burgers you'll ever have. But every minute that goes by transforms it.

I'm convinced that people who believe you can pick up take out from In 'n Out and take it home, are enjoying them with their hearts, not their mouths and bellies.

We live in Washington and when we head down to CA, it is the first place we look for. Along with El Pollo Loco. Debby

When I went to Los Angeles sevreral years ago, my hostess kept pointing out In And Out Burger to me. We had made plans to stop in for the best burger in the world but one thing lead to another and we missed out. I'm making a list of the eating establishments that we are NOT going to miss out on this time around! Like many others here, my mouth is watering but I have to wait until June 30- July 14.

Here is their website. My son is addicted to their
Animal Style fries.

http://www.inandout.com/

Oh, and here's their "secret" menu

The Hidden In-N-Out Burger (aka In and Out Burger) - The Most Accurate Secret Menu

In-N-Out Burger has a secret unpublished menu for insiders who are In-The-Know. Next time you're at In-N-Out (i.e. tomorrow . . . or maybe tonight), order a bag of these off-the-menu specials:

"3-by-3" = three meat patties and three slices of cheese.

"4-by-4" = four meat patties and four slices of cheese.

"2-by-4" = two meat patties and four slices of cheese.

*Note: You can get a burger with as many meat patties or cheese slices as you want. Just tell the In-N-Out Burger cashier how many meat patties and how much cheese you want and that is what you'll get! For instance, if you want 6 pieces of meat and 10 pieces of cheese tell them you want a "6-by-10."

"Double Meat" = like a Double Double without cheese.

"3 by Meat" = three meat patties and no cheese.

"Animal Style" = the meat is cooked and fried with mustard and then pickles are added, extra spread and grilled onions are added.

"Animal Style Fries" = fries with cheese, spread, grilled onions and pickles (if you ask for them).

"Protein Style" = for all you low-carbohydrate dieters, this is a burger with no bun (wrapped in lettuce).

"Flying Dutchman" = two meat patties, two slices of melted cheese and nothing else - not even a bun!

Fries "Well-Done" = extra crispy fries . . . even better than the regular!

Fries "Light" = opposite of fries well-done, more raw than most people like 'em

"Grilled Cheese" = no meat, just melted cheese, tomato, lettuce and spread on a bun.

"Veggie Burger" = burger without the patty or cheese. Sometimes we call this the "Wish Burger."

"Neapolitan" Shake = strawberry, vanilla and chocolate blended together.

The friendly employees of In-N-Out Burger will take your special order without question, if you use the right terminology. The printed receipt will have your special request typed on it just as we said it.

Try it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter