• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

In and Out in a Day

Ok I spend to much time on FB I was looking for the like button :lmao:

Freddie Freddie Freddie You kept us all waiting

Hi y'all!

Gosh I thought I checked in last week but i guess not. It's great to see what's going on with everyone again!

Lauri, Praying for you & a quick recovery!

Michelle, So happy that you and your TWO little ones are coming along well. :cloud9:

Nancy & Risa, Sorry you've had such a rough go the past week. Glad it all went well, that it's over & done. Praying Buddy can find some peace.

I've been so busy with my little Jude, that checking in regularly is an impossibility. I can't touch an electronic device all day, he HAS TO PRESS THE BUTTONS! The work No is Greek to him. He's a super ball of fire but I love him so much! He just turned a year old already, hard to believe isnt it!s He is just walking a few steps but get's around like a bat out of hell none the less. Lol!

Alexis is doing very well is school this year, has a fantastic teacher. Her & Chris have been very busy with Girl Scouts.

Physically I've been having a rough time taking care of my little man. I had 2 epidural injections this month. I will be trying something new in a couple of weeks. Radio Frequency which will go in & burn the nerves!! Sounds scary, but if it works well for be I'd could have a lot less pain for 6 mos to a year at a time. With the time increasing after a few treatments. We'll see.

So Bob is still kicking & I'm trying!;)

We had a busy nice weekend. Farmer's Market shopping, minor backyard projects, lots of cooking. ( Can't cook with the Jude-man either!) Yesterday afternoon Bob had a company team building function at Nola Motorsports. The guys raced these really fast Karts. They had a blast, the new facility is 1st class, & the wives had fun chatting, watching the men become boys. My poor hubby set the whole thing up, knowing he couldn't drive, but still had a blast! Love that man.

Hi Sheryl! I was thinking of you today. I was wondering how yo manage the kids, I am :faint::faint::faint:. No cooking, no cleaning no nothing while they are here and I cannot seem to recover on the weekend. I am definately crying Uncle in regards to this decrepit old me :(

I am thrilled to hear that ALexis is doing so well in school!

Hi, everyone! I'm home for a couple of days! Thank you all for your prayers and good wishes for my dad! We truly felt them! He was blessed beyond belief!!! The doctor was able to place a stent in the artery that was 99% blocked, but not the artery that is 70% blocked. That will have to wait for next month. So far, so good. Dad is feeling much better. Just having no chest pain is a huge relief. I didn't realize that he'd been experiencing chest pain for about a month. He self-diagnosed it (with wikipedia's help) as pleurisy. No more internet for him! By the time I left to come home, he was able to do almost everything for himself. The only thing that really frustrates him is that he tires out easily. Just walking from his bedroom to the kitchen wears him out! I told him he needs to let his body rest, as that will aid in the healing, but he just wants to be back to normal. It doesn't help that this is his busiest time of year. The acting company will be arriving for the summer next week, and he's usually the one greeting everybody, and getting them all geared up for the summer. Well, I don't think that will happen this year.

Kat - I'm so sorry about the vertigo. I remember your last bout with it. Is it any improved yet? You are in my prayers!

Lauren - Jimmy Johns???? That is my very favorite sandwich shop! I must admit that I turned a cartwheel when a franchise opened up only 7 miles away. Before that, the closest one was a 45 minute drive.

Vickie - Thanks for Freddie! He's always good to cheer us up! I'd like to hear more about this "homemade" lentil soup.

Sheryl - You really do have your hands full! I can't believe Jude is a year old already! Where did this last year go??? Take care of yourself. I hope this new treatment does the trick for you. You are in my prayers!

No idea on dinner tonight. I've got to take stock of what's in the fridge/freezer. I think we're pretty much bare bones. Alan hates to grocery shop, so I'm sure that he didn't do much while I was gone. I'll try to pop back in later!

Hey all! Quick in and out...Doing my normal Monday clean up from the tornado that hits every weekend! Andrew went to school late today so I had to drive him and then I went to Aldi and Home Depot to get some soil, etc for the raised garden I am doing this year. Probably just tomatoes, peppers, eggplant and make a cucumber.

Andrew had a blast in DC! I am so happy he had the opportunity to go with the class.

OK back to the grind. Andrew has practice later and hopefully his first game tomorrow. The weather has been raining them out.

Dinner is chicken and broccoli en brodo over pasta.

Have a great day!

Girl, you put things in perspective.

Did you hear that? That's the sound of me putting on my big girl panties.

:hug: I'm so sorry. I hope things get better. Sometimes I hate insurance companies.

Heavens no, you shouldn't feel badly about whining about your illness just bc someone else has one too! Sick is sick, and it ALL sucks.

So glad you were well enough to go get drunk, I mean, do the wine tour :woohoo:

What is the name of the lime wine and the winery name? I bet I could find it at Central Market here since it's a TX wine.

Physically I've been having a rough time taking care of my little man. I had 2 epidural injections this month. I will be trying something new in a couple of weeks. Radio Frequency which will go in & burn the nerves!! Sounds scary, but if it works well for be I'd could have a lot less pain for 6 mos to a year at a time. With the time increasing after a few treatments. We'll see.

I don't know how you keep up with those kiddos and deal with all the pain! I sure hope the new treatment works!

Hi, everyone! I'm home for a couple of days! Thank you all for your prayers and good wishes for my dad! We truly felt them! He was blessed beyond belief!!! The doctor was able to place a stent in the artery that was 99% blocked, but not the artery that is 70% blocked. That will have to wait for next month. So far, so good. Dad is feeling much better. Just having no chest pain is a huge relief. I didn't realize that he'd been experiencing chest pain for about a month. He self-diagnosed it (with wikipedia's help) as pleurisy. No more internet for him! By the time I left to come home, he was able to do almost everything for himself. The only thing that really frustrates him is that he tires out easily. Just walking from his bedroom to the kitchen wears him out! I told him he needs to let his body rest, as that will aid in the healing, but he just wants to be back to normal. It doesn't help that this is his busiest time of year. The acting company will be arriving for the summer next week, and he's usually the one greeting everybody, and getting them all geared up for the summer. Well, I don't think that will happen this year.

Oh, thank goodness he's okay! He's very lucky - and yes, no more internet diagnosing for him! Glad you were able to go spend time with him and get him settled.

Tonight I'm making fish tacos and poblano mac and cheese.

Vickie – Thank you for sending Freddie our way!!:banana:

Sheryl – Glad to “see you” back here! I am so happy I finally got to meet Jude and all of your family. Everyone is just as sweet and nice as I’d imagined and that Alexis is just a doll. Jude is just too cute for words! I surely hope the Radio Frequency helps. If you need someone to go with you or do anything for you, please let me know.:hug:

Glynis – I continue to keep your Dad in my prayers. The vertigo reacts well to the medication so I’m feeling much better. Thanks for asking.:hug:

We will be playing tourist in our city again this weekend. Some friends of ours that relocated to Texas after Katrina are coming in for a few days so we'll be hanging out with them. Kyle played ball with their son for 10 years so they'll have fun catching up as well. They lived here long enough to know we will not be attempting to do the Jazz Fest as it's way too crowded.:faint:

Out for now.....

Hey Jen, If Im doin a gid for ma lassies , its for all ma lassies...

footballers-and-fashion.jpg

and rumour has it Freddie gets on your bus ;) so you have as much chance as any of us !!!!

:rotfl2:

and Im out.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Hi Sheryl! I was thinking of you today. I was wondering how yo manage the kids, I am :faint::faint::faint:. No cooking, no cleaning no nothing while they are here and I cannot seem to recover on the weekend. I am definately crying Uncle in regards to this decrepit old me :(

I am thrilled to hear that ALexis is doing so well in school!

:hug: You deserve a bit of time to recover.

:hug: So glad your dad is doing better.

And Aimee...thought I quoted you. It's the Salado Creek Winery & Vineyard: Lone Star Lime. OMG. It's available online too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm in because I just have to come say hello to you lovely ladies.

But, I am sick. Again. With what appears to be the world's worst sinus infection. And I sound like Demi Moore/James Earl Jones. It is not cute.

I did go to work today because I had to cover for another therapist. And I have to go tomorrow. There's no rest for the weary. :rotfl:

:hug: all around. (y'all disinfect yourselves, you hear?)

Morning, all. I'm spending today, getting all my Scouting things in order. I made the decision, last week, that I need to give up being the Webelos den leader. With dad's health the way it is, I need to be able to leave at a minute's notice to be with him. It's not fair to the Scouts to leave them in the lurch all the time, like I did last week. So, today's meeting will be my last. I'm getting everything ready to turn over to the new leaders. I'm kind of sad about it, really. I've enjoyed working with the boys, but I feel this is for the best.

In other news, it looks like things for our possible move to Southern Utah are moving faster than we thought. Alan's school is willing to work with him on "long distance learning", with Skype and other internet tools. There are 3 classes that he has to take in person, but after that, everything else looks like he can do it long distance. With that in mind, his bosses at work, are on the hunt for a fill-in who would be under contract until December of this year. Alan would then be hired full-time. It seems to be happening so fast. We'll spend this summer getting the house ready to sell, and we'll see what happens. Depending on house sales, the kids and I may have to stay put until next spring, or until it sells. Of course, that would be good for them, school-wise. Keep us in your thoughts and prayers as these decisions are made!

I hope you all are doing well! I feel like my life is zooming out of control... in a good way.

Hi Everyone! I hope you are all having a great day!

I brought Yoda back to the vet today because his UTI hasn't gone away. Turns out he has stones in his bladder and they cant be dissolved by medication or food. So he needs surgery. I feel so bad for him :o(

Glynis: I hope the house sells and you are able to move with Alan. Do they relocate you or anything? How's your dad?

Lauren: I forgot to take you up on the offer for marinates! I would love some!!!

Sheryl: I'm glad you checked in. I miss you!!!!

Goofy: Are you feeling any better? I wish you could stay home and rest!

I have a question for everyone. I am looking for books to read. I have lots of them on my nook, but I am not sure what to choose next. (PS. I have 4800 of them) So I thought if anyone has read some really great books they could share and help Nan and I figure out what to read next. THANKS!!

Im going to Red Robin with Kady, Nan and the girls tonight. Wish me luck!!!

Marisa what kind of books are you most into reading. Besides those Grey books you got me hooked into

Marisa what kind of books are you most into reading. Besides those Grey books you got me hooked into

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!! She and Welby are hounding me to start!

Glynis- I think you are making the right decision to let the scouts go. I remember when my Mom's health began to change, there was just no telling when the phone would ring. I felt like you, gotta go! So the fewer things that are going to make you fell torn the better. Best of luck with that move, it sounds like you have a little Divine intervention going on when your family needs it most.

Jen- What does the Dr say? You have been feeling lousy for a while now.

SO I talked to Welby yesterday and I guess I was the last one to see that I was falling apart. She and Brian have been waiting for me to bring it up, Brian told Welby he thought I was starting to get worn down. She has a friend who was a Nanny and whose children are the same age so they are talking terms. Buddy is very conflicted. He knows it is hard on me but he is worried the change will not be good for the girls. A few months ago I would have worried about my little Nervous Nellie Nola but she has been coming out of her shy little shell. I am not going anywhere so we can have all the Nana Days we all want and I can always take them if they are ill and cannot go to their new daycare but I am still a little sad.

Nola has been singing the Robin Hood Song:

Robin Hood and Little John
Walkin' through the forest
Laughin' back and forth
At what the other'ne has to say
Reminiscin', This-'n'-thattin'
Havin' such a good time
Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
Golly, what a day

all day long and she really knows the words, even though they are a little garbled at times :goodvibes SHe has this husky scratchy little voice so she has had me smiling all day!

Nancy Go ahead and dive into the smut with us. If you can get past the stuff it is a pretty good book, you will have trouble putting it down.

Goofy: Are you feeling any better? I wish you could stay home and rest!

I have a question for everyone. I am looking for books to read. I have lots of them on my nook, but I am not sure what to choose next. (PS. I have 4800 of them) So I thought if anyone has read some really great books they could share and help Nan and I figure out what to read next. THANKS!!

Im going to Red Robin with Kady, Nan and the girls tonight. Wish me luck!!!

How was dinner? :listen: :lmao:

Have you read "the Kitchen House"? FABULOUS! I think the author's last name is Grissom?

I'm still blah, thanks for asking. I wish I could stay home too!

Jen- What does the Dr say? You have been feeling lousy for a while now.

SO I talked to Welby yesterday and I guess I was the last one to see that I was falling apart. She and Brian have been waiting for me to bring it up, Brian told Welby he thought I was starting to get worn down. She has a friend who was a Nanny and whose children are the same age so they are talking terms. Buddy is very conflicted. He knows it is hard on me but he is worried the change will not be good for the girls. A few months ago I would have worried about my little Nervous Nellie Nola but she has been coming out of her shy little shell. I am not going anywhere so we can have all the Nana Days we all want and I can always take them if they are ill and cannot go to their new daycare but I am still a little sad.

Nola has been singing the Robin Hood Song:

Robin Hood and Little John
Walkin' through the forest
Laughin' back and forth
At what the other'ne has to say
Reminiscin', This-'n'-thattin'
Havin' such a good time
Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
Golly, what a day

all day long and she really knows the words, even though they are a little garbled at times :goodvibes SHe has this husky scratchy little voice so she has had me smiling all day!

Nola sounds just precious! And I know you're torn about the girls, but maybe a little break will allow you to recharge!

I haven't been to the doc this go round. The problem is that we keep passing around germies to each other. Again and again and again. :cool1: Not. fun.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:wave: I'm tired. Today was busy AND non-busy, if you think that makes sense. :rotfl2:

I'm still sick. But, what are ya' gonna do?

UncleR made us dinner tonight because I couldn't even do that. You KNOW Jen is sick when I can't even cook.

Hope everyone else is well!

And Aimee...thought I quoted you. It's the Salado Creek Winery & Vineyard: Lone Star Lime. OMG. It's available online too.

And I sound like Demi Moore/James Earl Jones. It is not cute.

Awesome, will have to look for it!

I'm :rotfl2: at Demi Moore/James Earl Jones! Sorry you're sick :(

Morning, all. I'm spending today, getting all my Scouting things in order. I made the decision, last week, that I need to give up being the Webelos den leader.

Good for you!! I know it's hard to let go of something you enjoyed but you really do too much :)

The news move is really exciting! It sounds like a great opportunity for y'all.

I brought Yoda back to the vet today because his UTI hasn't gone away. Turns out he has stones in his bladder and they cant be dissolved by medication or food. So he needs surgery. I feel so bad for him :o(

Aw, poor Yoda! When is his surgery?

I'm totally :eek: at how many books you have! I want to read the Shades of Grey trilogy but don't want to pay for it :laughing:

SO I talked to Welby yesterday and I guess I was the last one to see that I was falling apart. She and Brian have been waiting for me to bring it up, Brian told Welby he thought I was starting to get worn down. She has a friend who was a Nanny and whose children are the same age so they are talking terms.

I REALLY think it'd be good for you to not be the primary caregiver, even though I know you'll feel lost at first. Think of how much more fun it'll be for them to come spend time with you! It'll be a special occasion! AND you'll have more time to do other things, rest, and take care of yourself. Plus the girls will probably LOVE having playmates. Kids are very resilient - I wouldn't worry about them adjusting! It's the adults that don't deal well...

I REALLY think it'd be good for you to not be the primary caregiver, even though I know you'll feel lost at first. Think of how much more fun it'll be for them to come spend time with you! It'll be a special occasion! AND you'll have more time to do other things, rest, and take care of yourself. Plus the girls will probably LOVE having playmates. Kids are very resilient - I wouldn't worry about them adjusting! It's the adults that don't deal well...

I think so too. Welby and Brian have so much going on because they work opposite shifts and Brian works before work so there is a lot of room to take them on weekends. Last night Rylee forgot her bunny here and when I brought Max home the girls were all tucked in bed insisting on extra hugs and kisses so I know that I will beave plenty of girls time with them. Right now Welby has to take them to run errands when she gets home from work but I can watch them from now on. I don't know how Sheryl is doing it with a toddler running around. Honestly, it was Rylee's nonstop energy level that made me realize I am falling apart :eek:

I haven't been to the doc this go round. The problem is that we keep passing around germies to each other. Again and again and again. :cool1: Not. fun.

UncleR made us dinner tonight because I couldn't even do that. You KNOW Jen is sick when I can't even cook.

Hope everyone else is well!

Poor you! There is no really good way to stop that germ thing. Try wiping all the things you don't think about with rubbing alcohol. I wipe every clicker and light switch down to try to stop us from getting those things the girls are bringing home from school. :sick: I don't know if it helps but there are so many things that normal cleaning seems to overlook that I figured it cannot hurt.

I hope that you are better today!

We are going to dinner tonight at a new place for that dinner meeting. DOnny and Anna originally wanted their wedding there but they were still trying to fix menus and prices. Good thing we are eating out, my kitchen is a nightmare. We have wicked hard water which ruined my faucet. Buddy replaced it yesterday which was a :dance3: in itself. He could not get under the sick so he disconnected the big bad boy garbage disposal that I am not supposed to use. The gasket was not great so when he reattached it the seal was broken and you guessed it................now I cannot use my sink and need to see if I can buy the seal.

Now you know I have my little beverage sink that i refuse to let anyone use............Buddy never even considered it when he stressed out what I was going to do today with no sink in the kitchen..................I have done my job too well I think! :rotfl2:

I do hope that I can replace the seal, Daniel tried to replace one and had to buy a whole new unit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter