• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

In and Out in a Day

Emerging from a hellish week to stop in and give :hug: to those that need it. And send thoughts to those that need those.

And to say, I have one more week of work. Then, I can live again.

Miss y'all!

In...

:scared1::eek::scared::crazy2::faint:

....out!

I really need the little running guy with his hair on fire today!

Hey y'all!

I've been missing my girlfriends sooo much!! Feel lost without y'all!

Jude just keeps me so busy. Also will NOT allow me to pick up any electronic device with lights or buttons! By the time his Mom picks him up, I'm exhausted, still needing to clean, do laundry & cook. Not regretting watching him, just tired!

Starting tuesday, Miss A will be here everyday. I'm so happy to see her more often!! I'm sure she will be a big help with the little man too.

I'm a bit worried about keeping her busy & happy and trying to keep the boy safe at the same time. (ha! feel like that's mostly what I do with him is just trying to keep him from killing himself! ) I've never cared for 2 children with so many years between the 2.

Glynis, I've been praying for your Dad & will continue to do so.

Lauren, Very sad to hear about your feet. I have chronic PF & it's miserable.

Laurie, So glad to hear that you are doing well!! Great news!

Kat, I'm Sad that Kyle is dealing with so much sadness. It's good that he will continue to be busy with something he loves.

I'm worrying about my little boy & his parents this evening. They are on the beach in FL. just south of where Beryl will be coming in. Sure they will be fine, it's not a big storm, but they are supposed to fly home tomorrow.

Miss all of you much & will try even harder to get here!

Nan My Dad used to take us on ice cream trails:love: He knew all the best places. Thanks for the memory

You made my day Janice! I never had much time with my Memere and my Grandma dies before I was born so it is very important for me to make memories with and for Kady.

On Monday, the plan was to come home so I could help out with the kids and then go back down Tuesday night to be there for my dad's second angiogram on Wednesday morning.

I did get a call from my brother, telling me that dad had some bleeding from his incision in the femoral artery. They had a nurse come check it out and she "sandbagged" it and told my brother to watch it during the night. I haven't heard, yet, but I'm hoping he's ok this morning.

I have to head over to FB to check that out! I am so glad your Dad did well and am waiting for more good news that he is okay. It must be so hard to have that distance between you when he is ill but thank God you all manage to care for him!

Emerging from a hellish week to stop in and give :hug: to those that need it. And send thoughts to those that need those.

I have been thinking about you and hoping you were still in one piece!

In...

:scared1::eek::scared::crazy2::faint:

....out!

I really need the little running guy with his hair on fire today!

:rotfl: This is normal for you! Busy Lady!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey y'all!

I've been missing my girlfriends sooo much!! Feel lost without y'all!

Jude just keeps me so busy. Also will NOT allow me to pick up any electronic device with lights or buttons! By the time his Mom picks him up, I'm exhausted, still needing to clean, do laundry & cook. Not regretting watching him, just tired!

Starting tuesday, Miss A will be here everyday. I'm so happy to see her more often!! I'm sure she will be a big help with the little man too.

I'm a bit worried about keeping her busy & happy and trying to keep the boy safe at the same time.

I don't know how you are doing it.I was falling apart chasing Rylee. It took me two whole weeks to reclaim my house. I never got the house clean and goodness know I was not cooking much! I can tell you that when Kady was here life was much easier because I had another set of feet so I think that Alexis will be a huge help.

We had out little cook out today and it was fun. Nola and Rylee came down and Holy Canoli!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Two little firecrackers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am going to the cemetery with my brother and DSIL and my sister tomorrow. No cooking for me, we have a lot of leftovers here!

Doesn’t look like our thread here is going to last.:sad1:

Glynis – I’m glad to hear your Dad is doing well!

Lauren – Did you try the pasta salad? The pics of the crawfish boil were great, looked like a great time!

Jen – I miss you!!!!!

Sheryl – SO happy to “see you” back here. Hopefully Alexis will be a big help to you. Hugs my friend. I'm still praying the kids get home safely today!

Nan – Same here today, no cooking! Yesterday we grilled chicken & ribs and I made a black-eyed pea jambalaya and potato salad.

I'm going to have a relaxing day at home alone today! Going to the gym in a bit then chilling out the rest of the day.

Hi, all. I'm home! Hopefully for a while! My brother called me Thursday morning, in a panic. They hadn't been able to get my dad's incision site to stop bleeding. My brother is the animal control officer in town, and couldn't get out of work, as there were 3 court cases he had to testify at. So, Timmy and I threw some clothes in a bag, and headed back to dad's house. I'm really glad we did. Dad was pretty panicked! I kept him flat on his back, for the rest of the day, but the site was still bleeding. We went through 3 dressings that day. On Friday morning, I took him to the ER. They looked at things, and thankfully, it wasn't bleeding from the femoral artery. Because of all the blood thinners dad is on, the capillaries around the site were oozing blood. The ER doctors contacted dad's heart doctor and he gave them instructions. They gave dad a shot of lidocaine at the incision site to shrink the capillaries. After that, there was absolutely no bleeding! I stayed with him the rest of Friday and half the day on Saturday, just to make sure.

Timmy and I came home on Saturday, just in time to celebrate 22 years of marriage with my sweetheart! We went to dinner and a movie. Not too original, but I was much too tired for anything else!

Today, we're cleaning the house, getting ready for a visit from my brother and his family. They are coming up this afternoon, and we are going to have a bbq and a fun time at our town's new park. Should be fun! Of course, my kids don't want to clean, since it's a day off from school, but I'm getting some work out of them.

Happy Memorial Day to everyone! And a big "thank you" to all who have served in the military, or who have had loved ones serve!

Glynis I am glad you dad is finally on the right track. Happy Anniversary:hug:

I hope things get less busy after next week. It is finals this week, Mr A doesn't have to go in on Monday. His class for that day is a study hall so no final for that class. He is disappointed that he has no final for lunch, he would ace that for sure:rolleyes1

Yesterday I made a pork shoulder is the crockpot and coleslaw. Today is just a lazy day. It is too hot here to do much.

Hope everyone is enjoying there Memorial day. Thanks to our Vet's:love:

Kat- No dying thread allowed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glynis- Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Planning a DIsney trip, that is why IO am not here much! I am obsessed. We had one day to make our ADR's on the 180 day mark..................Thanksgiving day and weekend. You all know how I feel about my Disney food! :lmao:I am on my second glass of wine so not too good but tomorrow I will share and look for feedback. We are staying BC CL :wizard::goodvibes:woohoo: so the concierge is already worth every penny!

This thread is NOT dying!!!! We won't let it.

Let's see, this weekend, we ate. I cooked it. We went to the movies. And of course, I missed my wonderful ladies!

4 more days and I'll be able to pop in more!

Good morning!

Glynis – Glad to hear Dad is ok. Happy Anniversary!!!!

Janice – Good luck to A on his finals, I’m sure he’ll do well! It’s been miserably hot down here too.:scared:

Bethany – Don’t worry about catching up, just jump back in!

Nan – I’m so excited for y’all!!!! Planning a Disney trip is so much fun. I’d love to give you feedback on anything you need!:goodvibes

Jen – Looking forward to seeing you here more often!

Looks like not only is my boy growing up, his choice in restaurants for his birthday dinner has grown up as well…we’ll be celebrating a little early, on Friday, at Emeril’s!:cool1:

Taco pasta salad on the menu for tonight! Out for now…..

Good morning! Quick check in...we had a bbq yesterday and I have to finish cleaning up outside. We are due to get bad thunderstorms in a bit.

Kat, I made the salad for yesterday and it was great! Thanks! I also made a new potato salad from Pinterest. Its a weight watcher one and that was good also!

Lots left over so thats for dinner...london broil, chicken, corn on the cob and salads!

Have a great day!

Morning, everyone! We had such a fun time yesterday! After a marathon cleaning session, we visited Alan's dad's grave. We planted some flowers, cleaned up a bit, and told the kids stories about his dad. Katie was our only child when he died, and she was only 2 at the time. We try to do this every year, so that all the kids feel like they knew him. After that, we decorated Alan's grandparents site.

Later in the day, my brother and his family came by. We took them to our new park, and the kids all got wet on the splash pad, then played in the sun to dry off. They had a ball! For dinner, we all went to Pizza Pie Cafe and met up with my sister and her family. It was so fun to have 3 of my 4 siblings all together with families! The kids had so much fun!

After dinner, we decided we needed to go somewhere to work off the 8000 calories we had ingested with the all you can eat pizza, pasta and salad dinner. So, we went to a little park with a pond and walking trails. We spent about an hour, letting the kids walk the trail, feeding the ducks, and skipping rocks in the pond. It was a perfect ending to a great day.

Today, we start our last 3 days of school (well, actually 2 and a half). Leslie and Mary have field day, Jacob's class will be watching "The Princess Bride" and enjoying treats, and Katie has yearbook day. There's my tax dollars hard at work!

I haven't figured out dinner, yet. Gotta get some ideas and then head to the store. Last time I said that, I got a call that dad was doing worse, and Timmy and I headed to his house, instead of the store, so the pickings are pretty lean, here. I'll pop back in to update y'all on the dinner plans later.

Enjoy your days!!

Wow! Y'all must be really busy! I just popped back in to let you know I've decided on dinner. I'm in the mood for pseudo-Mexican, so I'm making a layered enchilada casserole. I found a recipe, but I'm basically "nanatizing" it as I go along. I hope it's good. I'm already reconciling myself to the fact that no one but me, Alan and Katie will like it. My "I hate spicy food" kids will have to deal with it!

Good evening all! I really enjoyed having 3 whole days off from work. Yeah it was really hot here but we survived. If only we could get some rain. Everyting is getting really crispy.

My Cubbys won 2 in a row. I am one excited fan:cool1::cheer2::cheer2:. I am not sure if it appeared on the news where you all are. A couple of guys walked from Phoenix to Chicago with a goat. They arrived in town yesterday and made it to Wrigley today. They in part were trying to break the Cubs curse and raise money for cancer. They raised over $20,000.00.

My brain just left the building:upsidedow I so hate it when it does that. I can't remember all what I wanted to say. I guess it is time to sign off.

Later Gators

Morning! Just popping in to say the enchilada casserole was yummy... at least to me, Katie and Alan, just like I predicted! The other kids ate it, but grudgingly. So, to please them all, tonight will be some kind of pasta dish.

Nothing else on the agenda today, except baking some bread, doing some laundry, and going through a bookcase full of books my kids have outgrown.

I'm IN. Let me see if I can manage a post here while the little man is sleeping! still need to unload the dishwasher, fold some clothes, so I'll have to be quick.

Glynis, So glad that your Dad is doing better!!! Happy that you had a great day & a Belated Happy Anniversary!

Nan, Nice to enjoy some firecracker time & then send them home! lol!
I am managing the house cleaning, because DD is paying me & I'm paying a house cleaner!! :laughing: Only twice a month but it helps a lot. Now if I could only get her to do laundry:laundy:, I'd be set.

Kat, The boy is growing up! :) Along with his taste! But you might have just created a foodie eating machine. :eek:

Janice, Happy to hear you enjoyed your time off & that your Cubs are winning!

Everyone else, :wave2:

And I'm out! :grouphug:

Wow! Y'all must be really busy! I just popped back in to let you know I've decided on dinner. I'm in the mood for pseudo-Mexican, so I'm making a layered enchilada casserole. I found a recipe, but I'm basically "nanatizing" it as I go along. I hope it's good. I'm already reconciling myself to the fact that no one but me, Alan and Katie will like it. My "I hate spicy food" kids will have to deal with it!

I saw that the casserole was good but a few chose to :snooty: :upsidedow That is how it works here but my snooty one is Bud! You know, the one who likes everything but liver and asparagus??????? :dance3:

My Cubbys won 2 in a row. I am one excited fan:cool1::cheer2::cheer2:. I am not sure if it appeared on the news where you all are. A couple of guys walked from Phoenix to Chicago with a goat. They arrived in town yesterday and made it to Wrigley today. They in part were trying to break the Cubs curse and raise money for cancer. They raised over $20,000.00.

What a wonderful idea.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...............for someone else. I would have just donated to the cause :lmao:

I am managing the house cleaning, because DD is paying me & I'm paying a house cleaner!! :laughing: Only twice a month but it helps a lot. Now if I could only get her to do laundry:laundy:, I'd be set.

I could not even manage that :lmao:

So Marisa adn I went back to our weight loss clinic. I did not do too badly on my own but I am WEAKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK! so I needed the support.

Last day of school here. Actually it's really only a little over an hour, and I don't really understand why the kids go, but they want to. After that, I'm not sure what we'll do for the rest of the day. Alan wants to take the kids camping tomorrow afternoon through Saturday evening. He knows I don't tent camp, so I get a whole day to myself while they're gone!!! I'm probably a bit too excited about that!

Dinner tonight is a chicken shwarma meal. Sounded good online. I'll let you know.

HI girlies,

I am so sorry I have been MIA. Last week was a true week from HE**. One I am glad is over and don't want to repeat real soon.

We had a great weekend. Matthew was home and that was wonderful. We golfed all day Saturday, Sunday and Monday. We had a big BBQ on Monday early evening with the whole family and oh the fun we had and the food was plentiful.

I don't know if I let you all know or not - can't remember - but Matthew did not get the job he interviewed for. The other Lady with 6 years experience got it. But now her job is up and Matthew has signed it. This is the one he would really like to have. So we shall see. I will keep you posted.

Hopefully I will be around more. Things SHOULD settle down some. I miss you all when I am not able to play with you all every day.

Out for now!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter