In Car DVD players

Spirit Feather

-- Homeschool Mom -- U.S. Navy Wife (Ret.) World'
I am in search of an in-car DVD player. I do not want the console type that sits on the floor, I am looking for they kind I can mount between the front seats or one with two viewing monitors that we can mount one on the back of each seat.

I have also entertained thoughts of having a DVD-rom installed into my DD laptop, but I do not know how I could safely mount that inside the vehicle so both kids in the back seat could view it.

We do not have a DVD but an Audiovox travel VCR player that mounts between the seats and love it! Our trip to Yellowstone seemed so much shorter last year. The kids can use the headphones from their cd players and we don't hear anything. We contemplated a DVD but they were just coming out at the time and were VERY expensive and we have far more tapes than DVD's (although that is changing). The bag holding the VCR fits under the back seat when we arrive at our destination.

One thing we do like about a VCR over DVD is the kids tape favorite programs and movies before going and then watch them. (Although DVD's are now recordable too). You can hook up a portable DVD player to the VCR also...... or games such as Playstation. Since it mounts between the seats one screen should be fine. Sunlight glares on it so sometimes the picture is hard to see but for the most part it was great. I think you can also order an optional extra screen but we haven't needed that yet.

They also have the little hand held DVD's that have come way down in price - each child could have one and you could use them on airline trips or anywhere for that matter. I don't know how much batteries are though.

Anyway, that didn't answer your DVD question but whatever route you take, you'll be happy you did.

We have recently puchased a portable DVD system for our next trip from Best Buy. It comes w/a pack that allows it to be strapped between the front seats. Kids love it, barely hear a peep out of them in the car now! ;)

We have the kind that straps between the front seets too and it is Great. basically it allows a 3 year old to go 1 1/2 hours between potty breaks instead of 45 minutes. Don't forget the headsets too. All we needed was a splitter and both daughteres can use headphones and watch the movie.

Also, be careful about the screens that mount to the back of the front headrests or are in the headrests. Think about where your childs face might hit in an accident. I wouldnt want them going face first into a screen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter