in comes the mother-in-law!! help!!!

blueprincessmama

Earning My Ears
My mother-in-law decided to join our trip to Disney World a month before the trip. Since my budget it pretty much maxed I just added her to our room ($15 extra a night for another adult fee) and to the dining plan. Now comes the tricky part.....
I've made ADRs at CRT, Liberty Tree Tavern, Ohana, Sci-fi and Coral Reef. I've called am and pm every day to add her and yesterday was able to get her on the Coral Reef. So any suggestions or should I just keep calling? What should I do if I can't add her? I don't want to waste the money on the dining plan if I can't use the table credits and I cna't ask her to go to a counter service while the rest of us eat. We are a party of 16 with her and I planned this trip to the letter for 15. AHHHHH!!!
I am really glad she's going. She is a really great woman and I love her tremendously but I am really freaking out. I feel like all my plans are slipping through my fingers and I don't know what to do. Everyone really wants to eat at the castle and I was jumping for joy when I got the ADR for it. Now I'm afraid we'll get there and they won't be able to seat us!!!
Any advice would be helpful. My husband thinks it's no big deal but I don't think they get how hard it is to plan it out for a party so large. I mean it's Disney for crying out loud! Ugh, I need a hug.:hug:

Bring MIL to all your ADR's and don't think 2x about it. When you check in tell them you are a party of 16. For that size group you will be seated at square and rectangular tables which provide seating for an even # of people. Some places they will move the tables together, and at some places they may have told you that you will have to be at 2 or more tables.

Also, I once was on the phone trying to change an ADR at Chef Mickey's from 2 people to 4 people. I could not get it. The CM told me to go ahead and bring 4 people to my ADR for 2...

Did I understand correctly.. a party of 15? So it should be fine to show up to add an extra person.. i.e. normally a table for 5, actually is for 6. I think it would be different to go from even number to odd

I have to agree with everyone else here don't worry and bring her along. most tables are set for an even number of people. I don't think it will be a problem. I would just show up EARLY and let them know. Have a blast and enjoy your vacation!

similar situation going on here...we have adr's at CRT and then Candlelight processional package and now my mom is wanting to come (she has been the whole time but hasn't been able to talk dad into it...but now is saying she is going without him). I know I won't be able to get these two...others might not be too difficult but these may just have to say...sorry you are on your own for a bit.

I wouldn't worry too much. We were there during Free Dining and were able to add 2 people to 'Ohana (B + D), Akershus (B), Crystal Palace (D). My neighbours were also able to get a walk up for 6 people at Sci-Fi.

Any advice would be helpful. My husband thinks it's no big deal but I don't think they get how hard it is to plan it out for a party so large. I mean it's Disney for crying out loud! Ugh, I need a hug.

:grouphug:

And I think you deserve a medal for planning a wdw vacation for 15 ... and now 16 people!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter