In dire need of some pixie dust!

Status
Not open for further replies.

moobar25

ROL 2016 - its a trap!
I hope this is ok to post, if not I'm sorry to the moderators.

So we booked a fairly last minute 2 night trip to take my nephew to Disney for his 10th birthday. We were able to get a 2 night stay for 12/17-19/15 so that we can take him to the opening of Star Wars and catch the last Christmas Party. All seems fine until I go to get the party tickets. I sign in this morning and it says 12/18 is all SOLD OUT!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
We land in the evening on the 17th so that party isn't an option cause we wouldn't get there until 9pm. I tried calling Disney direct and DVC to see if there are any more tickets. Nope and nope.
If anyone knows of any available tickets please let me know. I know its a long shot but its the only one I've got. If anyone can help me out - I need 3 tickets (2adults and 1child - his actual birthday is the 21st).
Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
I hope this is ok to post, if not I'm sorry to the moderators.

So we booked a fairly last minute 2 night trip to take my nephew to Disney for his 10th birthday. We were able to get a 2 night stay for 12/17-19/15 so that we can take him to the opening of Star Wars and catch the last Christmas Party. All seems fine until I go to get the party tickets. I sign in this morning and it says 12/18 is all SOLD OUT!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
We land in the evening on the 17th so that party isn't an option cause we wouldn't get there until 9pm. I tried calling Disney direct and DVC to see if there are any more tickets. Nope and nope.
If there is anyone that would be willing to sell me their tickets please let me know. I know its a long shot but its the only one I've got. If anyone can help me out - I need 3 tickets (2adults and 1child - his actual birthday is the 21st).
Thank you in advance!

I don't have any tickets for you, but I wouldn't let it ruin your trip if you can't get them. WDW is so very magical at Christmas time, as I'm sure you already know. Osborne Lights, Epcot storytellers, Santa Goofy at DHS, Santa at Disney Springs, Candlelight Processional....you will find so many magical things to do, even if the party doesn't work out. Merry Christmas to you! I hope you have a wonderful trip.

Check Ebay and StubHub.

If you don't find any, can you go a couple days later instead? Once the final party has been held, they start doing the parade, shows and firework as part of the regular daily schedule.

Thanks I'll check those.
But no I cannot move the dates. Plane tickets purchased and DVC room booked. There are no other availabilities. Also can't take off of work after the 19th. If we lived closer and were driving we would have more flexibility. But we're flying in from New York - there is no wiggle room.

I don't have any tickets for you, but I wouldn't let it ruin your trip if you can't get them. WDW is so very magical at Christmas time, as I'm sure you already know. Osborne Lights, Epcot storytellers, Santa Goofy at DHS, Santa at Disney Springs, Candlelight Processional....you will find so many magical things to do, even if the party doesn't work out. Merry Christmas to you! I hope you have a wonderful trip.

My nephew doesn't have any tickets - DH and I have PAPs. This was the best way to get him to go to MK (his favorite place) and the only day we can go to the park. Buying him a 1 day ticket to MK for the 18th seems like a waste for him since it will be only a few hours and we have no FP+. We're seeing SW movie that morning. We're getting to the resort in the evening on the 17th and flying out at noon on the 19th.
I'm just pissed at myself for not buying the tickets as soon as we thought of the trip.

Have you tried calling? The first party wouldn't book online and it appeared sold out with how it was reacting. There was a glitch and when we called they said there were still tickets. Worth a shot.

Have you tried calling? The first party wouldn't book online and it appeared sold out with how it was reacting. There was a glitch and when we called they said there were still tickets. Worth a shot.

Yes I called three times already. No go,
I checked eBay and stubhub- there's plenty available for $200 a ticket. Are they crazy? Stubhub said there were 35 available. See this is why regular people can't go to the party because greedy bastards buy up all the tickets with no intention of using them. That's just rubbing salt in the wound!

Yes I called three times already. No go,
I checked eBay and stubhub- there's plenty available for $200 a ticket. Are they crazy? Stubhub said there were 35 available. See this is why regular people can't go to the party because greedy bastards buy up all the tickets with no intention of using them. That's just rubbing salt in the wound!

I have to disagree, not everyone is greedy. Plans change, and people sometimes can not use their tickets. It has happened to us more than once, with theater tickets , and tickets for other events.

kasha an- you're right not EVERYONE is greedy. I agree that plans change and all. But to see 35 tickets available for sale at $214+ on stubhub for one night is ridiculous. I understand the occasional sale on eBay- it's never in such high numbers. One or two I can understand, but 35 is just plain greedy and wrong.

kasha an- you're right not EVERYONE is greedy. I agree that plans change and all. But to see 35 tickets available for sale at $214+ on stubhub for one night is ridiculous. I understand the occasional sale on eBay- it's never in such high numbers. One or two I can understand, but 35 is just plain greedy and wrong.

I do feel for you that you can not get a ticket. However 35 tickets for an event that serves thousands is really not a lot. One family reunion cancelled can make up 35 tickets. Its not a lot really considering that seldom does a person attend alone. A few families not using there tickets and there you have 35 tickets available,

Again, I hope that in the end you can come by some decent priced tickets. Keep searching, pixie dust does happen. Enjoy your trip , don't stress. and have fun .

I do feel for you that you can not get a ticket. However 35 tickets for an event that serves thousands is really not a lot. One family reunion cancelled can make up 35 tickets. Its not a lot really considering that seldom does a person attend alone. A few families not using there tickets and there you have 35 tickets available,

Again, I hope that in the end you can come by some decent priced tickets. Keep searching, pixie dust does happen. Enjoy your trip , don't stress. and have fun .

Your right 35 single tickets is only 8-9 families of 4 so not that much. Sadly with general admission tickets it won't let you see how many are from the same buyer.

Can you do MK in the morning and the movie that night? It's not the party, but buying a one day ticket for your nephew is cheaper than 3 MVMCP tixs. Buy one today and book your FP+

I have to disagree, not everyone is greedy. Plans change, and people sometimes can not use their tickets. It has happened to us more than once, with theater tickets, and tickets for other events.

True, but if they're charging 3 times face value, it's probably not someone just trying to get rid of tickets they can't use.

Can you do MK in the morning and the movie that night? It's not the party, but buying a one day ticket for your nephew is cheaper than 3 MVMCP tixs. Buy one today and book your FP+

I thought of that too, but it's opening day of the Star Wars movie - even though it's 4 weeks out, I'd be willing to bet that tickets are going to be difficult if not impossible to get.

Star Wars opening is pretty much sold out. We were able to get 9am show tickets. So that's not movable. I thought of getting him a one day ticket but that would only give us a few hours. Plus not having FP at a very busy time will not make it fun. I've never been in December but I hear it gets busy.

The way I see it at the resalers on eBay or stubhub- it's only there to make a profit. If this was just regular party goers whose plans changed- they could find other ways to get rid of the tickets. I myself exchanged MNSSHP tickets from one night to a different one because our plans changed. Charging twice or three times the price is just plain GREED to me. Reminds me of the HM D&B bags when they first came out.

I'll keep checking every avenue I can until there is no hope.
Thank you all for the well wishes.

Last edited:
True, but if they're charging 3 times face value, it's probably not someone just trying to get rid of tickets they can't use.

I don't know- if I had to cancel and lose a deposit, maybe airfare, I could see the temptation in recouping some of that loss on the resale of my party tickets.

Contact Guest Relations via email. They might be able to help you out.

OP folks have given you good suggestions to the options for tickets when they are no longer available.

For sale post are not allowed and consequently asking folks if they are selling is much the same.

I am going to close this thread before any rules are breached.

Thanks for your understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter