In honor of Mother's Day coming up May 8: What made (or makes) your Mom special to you?

My mom was a widow in her late 30's and left with 3 small children. My dad had taken out a life insurance policy which paid our house off and mom made sacrifices so she could continute to stay home with us. Several years later she met my step-father and remarried. Mom did not have an enemy in the world. She would help you in any way she could. She was diagnosed with cancer in 2000. She held back that bit of news until I came back from my first trip to WDW with my two sons. My step-father passed away suddenly from a heart attack in Dec 2001. I decided to make as many happy memories with her as I could, with what time we had left. We went to WDW twice. Once was the week after Christmas so she could see the decorations. She passed away in Dec. 2006 and I miss her dearly. My sister, who did not have cell phone, got a cell phone, and she was able to get the phone company to transfer mom's phone number to her new cell phone, before we disconnected mom's land line. That number has been in the family since 1955! (I did keep the recorded message on my mom's answering machine so whenever I wanted to hear her voice, I could!)

So cool! :hug:

It's been 2 years since I lost my mom. It's still very hard and wish I could have had more time with her as it's never ever enough. Something you may not realize until it's too late. She was always on my side, no matter what. Love you and miss you, Mom

Thank you for sharing all the stories about your Moms, I have enjoyed reading them all. :rose:

My mother had the faith of an angel and patience of a saint. I was blessed and honored to call her my best friend, we called often and did so many special things together. I enjoyed going to see her weekly for our special outings, and after Daddy passed even took her on her first flight and cruise, :earsgirl::earsboy:. What fun memories she, my sis, and I made! :D

I helped nurse her through B/C at 65yo and sadly she didn't beat the beast when it returned at 84yo :sad1:. Time supposedly heals all wounds, but when it's a loving parent, it's a heartache that never goes away, specially the BDs and holidays. I keep her resting place decorated and will take balloons/flowers down and also make her special dessert on Mother’s Day. It brings me peace to rest assured she’s no longer in pain or suffering and dancing with the angels, my Dad, and my lil bro. I know she’s guiding and smiling upon us from above and her memories will forever warm my heart. :lovestruc

*Tuffcookie, so nice you have that number! Crazy as it may sound, I also kept my Mom's voice on answering machine for 'those' days I need to hear her. :flower3:

Our last :bday: celebration with dear Moma :love:
a89593f5-5fc1-4668-a0e9-ea3ddc741c89.jpg

Love and miss you Moma :angel:, Happy Mother's Day in heaven! :littleangel:

Mother's Day hugs and prayers to all our Dis Moms, those who still have their dear Moms, those have lost their Moms, and those have issues and are estranged. :hug:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter