In N Out Burger!

FWDisFan

Mouseketeer
Last time my DH and I were in California we LOVED In N Out Burger -- we can't get them in Texas. We won't have transportation (except our feet!) on our DL trip. Is there an INO Burger place within walking distance (?DTD or the surrounding area) or at Orange County/John Wayne airport?
(Keeping my fingers crossed!) :p

There isn't one in walking distance. I know there is one by the Disney Outlet store in Fullerton. You go all the way down Harbor towards the I-5( I am not sure if it's north or south. You keep on going until you get to Burlington Coat Factory and turn right. You will see it once you get past the main building. Sorry I don't know the street name. If you go on In-N-Out's website it would probably have better directions for you. But, we love In-N-Out too. We finally got one here at home not too long ago.

There is a Jack In the Box on Harbour in front of Hampton Inn and Sutes.-Thats just as yummy! I thought I saw a in and Out over near the expressway..not far fron DL. Sorry, I wish I knew for sure what street that was- Anyone else know?

Bummer! It doesn't look like we will get to introduce the kids to In-N-Out Burger while we are there (can't justify renting a car JUST to get an In-N-Out Burger! Hmmmmm....no, I guess I can't!)

Maria - thanks for the tip....Jack doesn't hold a candle to In-N-Out to me plus we can get that in Texas...(although if it's within walking distance they DO have a good milkshake!)

This sort of lends itself to what areother restaurants within walking distance of DL (we are staying at the GC) to save some money on a few meals!? (We are already booked for a character breakfast though!)

FWDisFan said:
... what are other restaurants within walking distance of DL (we are staying at the GC) to save some money on a few meals!?

There is a McDonald's across Harbor Blvd.

As for In-N-Out, you can take the #43 bus straight up Harbor Blvd to the location just north of Orangethorpe. It's about a 20 minute ride according to the schedule. The Disney Outlet store is also in the vicinity, walking distance.

Mmmmmmmmm...It's been 9 years since I've been to an In-N-Out! I am so looking forward to our trip to California in June! I can;t wait for DL and In-n-Out!!

Darn, I wish I had thought to ask for these directions before we went, we searched high and low for both the In n Out and the Burlington Coat Factory because we don't have either one of those in Canada and we never found them LOL

We caught the number 43 bus along Harbor Boulevard to Shoe City and decided to walk across the road to look at some shoes. We were feeling a bit hungry and spotted a burger place called In n Out Burger so we went in and I'm so glad we did, that was the best burger I have ever had!!!!!
Loved the menu as well, not too much choice so I didn't keep changing my mind, it was just a cheeseburger and fries and I can't wait to go back and have another one!!! Not much chance of ever getting these in England I don't think.
Love Ella

There is an IHOP directly across the street from the entrance to DL. Within walking distance are also Denny's, I believe Mimi's cafe. I think there's a sticky at the top of the page that shows where the restaurants are in relation to DL. Hope this helps.

Ok - so bus #43 it is! (My DH thinks I'm absolutely WACKY for wanting to catch a bus to In N Out Burger...but I digress!)

SO I have a silly bus question....to get BACK to DL do we also catch the #43 bus? :blush: (See I told you it was silly to those of you expert bus riders! We don't use the bus system much here....)

The In N Out on Brookhurst is the closest to disneyland, but no Disney outlet.
You need to be a serious walker to try it on foot. But I am sure if you catch a bus headed EAST on Ball Road it will handle most of the trip for you.

But hey If I am available I will deliver for a 20.

Map from Espn Zone to In n Out.
Untitled-1.jpg

$20 huh? hmmmm....... I DO love In-N-Out Burgers.
Now I need a bus down Ball street. This must be a very bus-friendly city. HOWEVER I am sure if I caught a bus I would somehow end up in either Seattle or Mexico. (I'm a little directionally-challenged or so I'm told! :rolleyes: ) $20 delivery charge.....I'll keep that in mind! (We are coming January 16-19!)

FWDisFan said:
This sort of lends itself to what areother restaurants within walking distance of DL (we are staying at the GC) to save some money on a few meals!? (We are already booked for a character breakfast though!)
Since you're staying at the GC, Whitewater Snacks is an option. They serve hot breakfasts, sandwiches, pizza. They also have yogurt, pastries, and fruit, if you want something lighter. They definitely aren't as expensive and it's not a long walk since you're already there!

Downtown Disney has Jamba Juice (smoothies) and La Brea Bakery Cafe (right near the bag check areas to get into the main entraces to DL and DCA). Those are good, and reasonable (for DL standards), if you don't want a huge meal.

And I always feel like money goes a little farther at Taste Pilots' Grill next to Soarin' in DCA. It may still be DL expensive, but it tastes several notches above other places.

Here is the info on the Disney Outlet:
Disney's Character Warehouse
(714) 870-9363
243 Orangefair Mall
Fullerton, CA 92832

The In-N-Out is right across the street from it.
1180 S. Harbor Blvd.
Fullerton, CA 92832

in and out is very much worth it, AZ and Vegas should be honored that California shares in and out burger with them. if you guys want something special, go with the secret menu, although its not really secret. the most common are 3x3, 4x4 etc. you can get as many meat patties and cheese slices as you want on one burger, the other one is "animal style" where they will grill the onions for you. Personally, i get a double double animal style with fries well done(extra crispy). if you want to learn all the secret menu just search for it online, its all over the place.

craving In-n-Out burger now.....ugh, why can't we go to CA sooner than 2007? :teeth:

I don't think you're crazy for taking a bus to get the best burger EVER!!

I am a So California native - born in Los Angeles, and I never take the bus. BUT I have to say that I was in Anaheim for a conference for work (driven there by a co-worker) and I had some free time and took the bus to get around a bit. It was really easy and cheap. They have a decent web site and the bus drivers all helped me and answered my questions.
If you want to go to the character outlet or In N Out or anywhere you could take the bus I say go for it! It will be another vacation adventure.
Just go during daylight hours. ;)

Runey said:
...You can also find the Secret Menu there too
Oooh! A double-double, animal style sounds good right now...even though it's breakfast time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter