In need of hearing happy endings to lost item...

MightyMouseJP

Earning My Ears
UPDATE! They found it! Thank you all so much for your words of encouragement.

Hello hello,

I would love to hear some success stories with the Disney lost and found process (but I'll take any story to help me keep it real). We just finished up a beautiful trip to Disney only to find that my daughter left her treasured stuffed bunny in the resort hotel room (Riviera). Tattered little guy but high on emotional value. Was expecting to be able to call and ask resort front desk or mousekeeping, but found out that it's all centralized now. I filled out the lost and found claim form, but feeling a little lost in "the system," as I guess it is wdw-wide..? The old-fashioned girl in me was hoping to call the resort and speak with someone directly... Have you lost an item that you got back through the system? Thank you for all stories as I try to figure out how much hope to hold.

Last edited:
I think your chances are good - so far we have lost and had returned:

A camera my dh left hanging from the chair at mama Melrose - by the time we went back it had been sent to central lost & found but was at the front desk of the resort the next day:)

A "lovie" well-loved silky horse my oldest dd left in the bed at CBR, we went back to the front desk as soon as we realized and housekeeping still had this. (This one was on me!)

A dresser drawer full of clothing - yup - my younger dd forgot a drawer at CR and didn't realize until we were on our cruise :( Clothing was mailed home and got there shortly after we arrived home from the cruise.

Lastly my then 6yo niece fell asleep on the way home from DS and left a bag with her carefully chosen my little pony fill a bucket items on the bus. My sil was able to pick them up at lost & found by the MK the next day.

The only time we didn't have to fill out the form was at CBR as they hadn't sent it to the central location yet.

Yup - we are Loosers lol

xx my fingers for you - there is hope so good luck!

We’ve left things quite a few times by accident (usually just clothes) and had luck filling out the form. We’ve even had Disney contact us saying we left things that we didn’t even realize we left lol

Have hope! They’re good at returning lost items. I lost my car key fob at DAK and they found it by the time I took a ride home (I’m local) and back with my spare. They know things like your daughters bunny have sentimental value so they’ll hang onto it. As long as you filled out the form and specified where it was lost, it should turn up! All lost things end up at a global property lost and found anyway, so even if you called Riviera it might not be there anymore. They enter everything into the database and try to match it all up. Best of luck to you! 🐰

On our last trip in 2019, my daughter lost her stuffed panda lovey somewhere on the walk to our room at Port Orleans Riverside. I filled out the proper requests and spoke to the front desk, but like you, it had already been transferred to central lost and found (located at Disney Springs, I think). I was worried sick... daughter was distraught. Within a couple hours, "Pandy" was delivered to our room by a CM. 😍 Don't give up hope! Wishing you pixie dust!

Goes back to our first trip. Daughter was 8 and had a favorite stuffed clown that she got as a gift when she was born. Slept with it every night. Realized after we left that she had forgot it. Called mousekeeping when we got home. They said that they didn’t have it but called about a week later. Shipped it to us free of charge. My daughter is now 38 and still has it.

I realize this may not help you now (though I have high hopes!) but for any new/potential parents out there, I pass along the lifehack that saved me: buy/request more than one of the thing and keep them in a closet. Kid #1 lost their special thing like 3 times and all ended okay (kid #2 didn't seem to have a special thing, now that I think about it).

When my daugher was younger we lost her tablet 3 times, twice it was mailed to us and once we picked it up at Disney springs, once when split staying I left items in the safe and the central line was able to reach someone at the hotel to have security meet me to let me retrieve the items, had I not been around I guess it would have been mailed back.

We've also had misc items (that were found in our room) mailed to us after our trip, things we didn't even know we lost...I'm always surprised how well Disney's lost and found works.

1. iPhone left at cashier in gift shop of galaxy’s edge: returned via central lost and found the next day
2. iPhone left in bathroom of France returned same day at the restaurant
3. Special Disney hat flew into Splash mountain, not returned and negative “suck it up, buttercup” attitude from CM. I bought DS6 a new one on EBay and have been paying much more attention to Universal advertising lately. I’m sure it’s unrelated.

My oldest kid dropped her phone into the water when exiting POTC. We filled out the form and it took about 6 weeks, but we did get it back (still working). Of course, oldest needed a phone right away, so we had already replaced it and that meant youngest got to keep the returned phone, so happy endings all around!

I think your chances are good - so far we have lost and had returned:

A camera my dh left hanging from the chair at mama Melrose - by the time we went back it had been sent to central lost & found but was at the front desk of the resort the next day:)

A "lovie" well-loved silky horse my oldest dd left in the bed at CBR, we went back to the front desk as soon as we realized and housekeeping still had this. (This one was on me!)

A dresser drawer full of clothing - yup - my younger dd forgot a drawer at CR and didn't realize until we were on our cruise :( Clothing was mailed home and got there shortly after we arrived home from the cruise.

Lastly my then 6yo niece fell asleep on the way home from DS and left a bag with her carefully chosen my little pony fill a bucket items on the bus. My sil was able to pick them up at lost & found by the MK the next day.

The only time we didn't have to fill out the form was at CBR as they hadn't sent it to the central location yet.

Yup - we are Loosers lol

xx my fingers for you - there is hope so good luck!
Thank you so much - it's so nice to hear several success stories. Our fingers are still crossed!

Have hope! They’re good at returning lost items. I lost my car key fob at DAK and they found it by the time I took a ride home (I’m local) and back with my spare. They know things like your daughters bunny have sentimental value so they’ll hang onto it. As long as you filled out the form and specified where it was lost, it should turn up! All lost things end up at a global property lost and found anyway, so even if you called Riviera it might not be there anymore. They enter everything into the database and try to match it all up. Best of luck to you! 🐰
Thank you so much for helping to explain how their lost and found works- I'm used to talking with someone, not a database - but this gives us hope!

Last edited:
Goes back to our first trip. Daughter was 8 and had a favorite stuffed clown that she got as a gift when she was born. Slept with it every night. Realized after we left that she had forgot it. Called mousekeeping when we got home. They said that they didn’t have it but called about a week later. Shipped it to us free of charge. My daughter is now 38 and still has it.
What a wonderful story - this is exactly our level of sentiment. I totally see my daughter doing the same if we are lucky enough to get it back. Thank you!

I truly hope you get it back. But if not, here is my advice: get online and start looking for a replacement and don’t give up. My daughter lost her beloved lovie at a hotel(not Disney). We had already checked out and were at the airport. I called right away. But they gave me the run-around and I’m pretty sure no one ever looked for it. It’s probably still folded up in the couch the kids slept on, many years later🙄 I called repeatedly and no one ever would help me. I was just as devastated as my daughter.

Of course it had been discontinued and I couldn’t find anywhere to purchase another one. My daughter would bring it up from time to time and it was just broke my heart. But I kept randomly looking online and an entire YEAR later I found one. I paid way more money than one should for a stuffed animal, but it was worth it. She sobbed when I gave it to her and remarked how fluffy and not worn he was (I said he must just be very well rested) and she never questioned me about it again.

They found it! Such a great day for us over here. Thank you all so much for sharing stories and helpful advice . . . I think I'll recommend that bunny stay and "watch" over the house next time we head anywhere. But I guess if she had to loose it, Disney was the place to do it. I'm still in awe. The "system" was impressive to this old-fashioned fart. I had a hard time just filing a report and not being able to ask anyone directly. Now I'm ready to kiss someone's feet, but who?

We got our stuffed Minnie sent back to us after we checked out.

We also had our limited edition Ghost Host Loungefly with my phone in it returned to Guest Services at AK. That one was 100% bc there are good people out there.

Chances are high you will get your bunny back.

Near the park exit, we noticed that the sunshade from the umbrella stroller was missing. My wife goes back to Tomorrowland to look for it. I think it is hopeless.

Park is closing so it is dark and nearly impossible to find. My wife does find a missing stroller part, but obviously not from our stroller. She gives up the search and decided to turn-in the missing part at lost-and-found. When she gets to the office, she trades the found part for our missing sunshade that someone else found and left at the lost-and-found.

I'm amazed when she returns and tells me the story.

-Paul

All your “found” stories are encouraging. We filled out the form and the waiting is horrible! I’d love to talk to someone. We lost my grandson’s beloved stuffed dog (which had been his mom’s) probably in the sheets at the Beach Club. i Have faith reading your stories. I hope we have good luck too.

All your “found” stories are encouraging. We filled out the form and the waiting is horrible! I’d love to talk to someone. We lost my grandson’s beloved stuffed dog (which had been his mom’s) probably in the sheets at the Beach Club. i Have faith reading your stories. I hope we have good luck too.
OP here. Keep the faith! That's exactly what happened with her rabbit - and he was on the smaller side. She left him in the Riviera sheets - confirmed by "been through their laundry" smell. On the lost and found report - be as specific as possible with any identifying markings or manufacturer tags. I submitted our form on 2/17. On 2/20, I received reply that they had located him. He shipped to us shortly after email reply. I made choice not to tell her he was found until he was in my hands again. That was a great day here. I hope you experience the same and you'll be in our thoughts. Certainly understand how you are feeling right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter