• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

In need of resort advice

I vote for Riverside also. The resort is very pretty and peaceful. They had great offerings at the food court. It still ranks up with one of our favorites.

Thanks everyone, definitely more swayed towards Riverside after all of your comments. I'll let you know when I book if another hotel wins :)

Your resort should be Port Orleans Riverside, preferably the mansion rooms. They are quiet, beautiful, and very well served not only by the bus but also by water taxi. For the ultimate stay request either Oak Manor or Parterre Place (King room with river view). You will thank me later, trust me :)

Both these buildings now house the Royal Rooms......not even close to value priced. I stayed in a river view RR a few weeks ago... The cost was close to deluxe price!
Arcadian House and Magnolia Terrace are both beautiful locations. I also love the AB area. Yes, it's overgrown and messy. But it's so peaceful to just walk around that area!

Both these buildings now house the Royal Rooms......not even close to value priced. I stayed in a river view RR a few weeks ago... The cost was close to deluxe price!
Arcadian House and Magnolia Terrace are both beautiful locations. I also love the AB area. Yes, it's overgrown and messy. But it's so peaceful to just walk around that area!
I didn't know they had done that, but my comment stands that a river view with king is highly suggested. So I would move over to the next building Magnolia which is also a short walk across the bridge to the lobby via the island. in the attached picture the purple rooms are king rooms with river view.

Attachments

• MagRiverKingsinPurple.PNG
    MagRiverKingsinPurple.PNG
    106.3 KB · Views: 3

I recommend Coronado...
The decor is nutty a bit...but it is the newest/best laid out moderate and serves conventions - so you get a little more "adult clientele" on the average.

I'm coming to WDW for the marathon weekend in January, arriving on Jan 7th and leaving on the 16th. Having never stayed onsite before, this is something I'd really like to do but am having a lot of back and forth in deciding what resort would be best.

Here's what I'm looking for (with the understanding that you always have to compromise):

• Resort for couple sharing a room, with a friend potentially joining later in trip for a few nights
  • Something within value and moderate price ranges
  • Well served by Disney transportation. I'm sure they all are, I'm just a first in and last out at the parks type.
  • Not so crazy decor... or at least different to FQ? I was really set on Port Orleans - FQ until I watched a video overview. The idea of seeing those saxophone-playing alligators prior to a strong cup of coffee has turned me off it. Ok, I'm a bit of a diva (on a budget!).
  • Somewhere a bit more quiet? I know I'm probably asking a bit much with this one. What I like are quiet rooms and the opportunity to sit on a bench and read a book if there's a little time during the stay.
In a world of infinite resources- I'd love to stay at the Contemporary but it's just not possible for that length of time on my budget. However, saying that's the kind of hotel that really appeals to me might help me think more on what others could be a good fit.

Thanks for any of your suggestions!

We just got back from DVC Boardwalk Villas. We rented points and it made it within $100 (for the week) of the same stay at Port Orleans Princess rooms. The transportation cannot be beat there. (Or Beach Club, Yacht Club, or Swan/Dolphin!) You can WALK to Hollywood Studios or Epcot World Showcase (OR you can take the boats, back especially after a long day of walking!) The busses to AK and MK, or walk to Epcot and take the monorail to MK (this would be a LONG walk though! We did it back from MK to Epcot to eat there one day of our trip)

While your friend is not there, you can keep the couch bed as a couch. When he/she joins, she has a comfortable bed.

I think Boardwalk standard view meets all your requirements.
Even if it is $100 more, the convenience to all the parks makes that $100 SO WORTH IT!

They do have several bus stops at the resort, so how fast you get picked up and let off will depend on which stop you are closest to. I never had a major problem with the transportation. I am sure there are better situations and I know there are worst. 13 years ago, I stayed at All Star Music and afterwards, I made the statement never again.

Coronado Springs has a Business Class you can reserve. For $20 more a night, you will be closest to the main lobby and drink refills. But best of all, it is like a Concierge Lite - you have access to a large room with Continental breakfast items, coffee, juice and in the evening snacks, beer, wine and sodas. I am booked there for the week before the Race but am moving to Pop Century after my family leaves that Wednesday and my niece is joining me Thursday and we race together in the Half EARLY Saturday morning!

That's more than enough time for a split stay. Maybe do the bulk at POFQ, and the last 2/3 nights at the CR!

Oh Gosh people - I got a good deal and ended up with POFQ after all that...

Thanks for all of your help though :) I'll deal with the saxophone-bearing alligators...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter