In park prices food and drink jumped yesterday

peimikes

Mouseketeer
Noticed prices of all consumables went up yesterday in some cases quite a lot. Example coke products in a bottle went from $3.50 to $4.50 over night. Popcorn refills went from $1.75 to $2. All ice cream treats ie. Mickey Premium Bars went up $0.75-$1.00.

Prices are in line with what you'd pay at Six Flags or just about any sports stadium/concert venue.

$4.50 for a bottled Coke is RIDICULOUS!!!

Aren't they trying to get people to break their soda habit? All those high fructose corn syrup based drinks are terrible for you. They should be getting people to shift to La Croix sparkling water.

Aren't they trying to get people to break their soda habit? All those high fructose corn syrup based drinks are terrible for you. They should be getting people to shift to La Croix sparkling water.
Lol no, they’re doing this because they can, don’t want to use their bonuses on the new wage increase and in other countries soda is around the new price. Someone I watch on YouTube went to London and a Coke half the size was $5 in USD.

Noticed prices of all consumables went up yesterday in some cases quite a lot. Example coke products in a bottle went from $3.50 to $4.50 over night. Popcorn refills went from $1.75 to $2. All ice cream treats ie. Mickey Premium Bars went up $0.75-$1.00.
You can't blame Disney. They need the money to pay for the installation of those communal toiletry dispeners in resort bathrooms.

Prices are in line with what you'd pay at Six Flags or just about any sports stadium/concert venue.

I have season passes for Six Flags. I also have a meal plan. $40 gets me lunch and a snack every trip, no matter how many visits I make during the season. If I wanted to be fancy and pony up $90, I could get lunch, dinner, a snack, and an endless refillable soda container - that's for every single visit.

So, yes, the prices at Six Flags are ridiculous if you buy one meal, but I'm not paying those ridiculous prices over and over. If I'm staying at WDW without a car, I'm kind of a captive audience for their food offerings - 2-3 meals per day for the length of the trip.

I was always intrigued at the price comparison of concessions at Disney vs. other places back home. I guess they finally caught on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter