In parks- paying with a Disney Gift Card in the era of contactless payments.

So are we saying that you can no longer just pull out a Disney GC and use it to pay for food at the parks (thinking counter service and coffee carts)?

Have been purchasing them for a bit now, and since we have cancelled our trip for this year, I was just going to hang on to them for next December. I can't keep up with all the changes - LOL - I still haven't figured out the Mobile ordering thingy!

Yes, you can still pull out a giftcard and use it at some places. But if the place does mobile order, then you'll need to use that instead. Pretty much all counter service uses mobile order.

They will only allow you to go inside to order if you are paying with actual cash.

Steve

Just a thought.. I added Disney Gift Cards to the “wallet” app on my phone. I was able to use it to pay for TS meals, gift shop items, parking, and mobile ordering. This app is standard on iPhone and we normally use for Apple Pay. Did not run through MDE.

How did you add a Disney GC to Apple wallet? I don't see an option for adding a GC at all.

How did you add a Disney GC to Apple wallet? I don't see an option for adding a GC at all.

There is no way to do it. I think the person that mentioned that is mistaken. I spend a bit of time researching and came up blank. Would love for that poster to come back And enlighten us though if they actually did. That would be amazing to have it in wallet. Frankly seeing as how close Apple and Disney are I’m surprised you can’t.

There is no way to do it. I think the person that mentioned that is mistaken. I spend a bit of time researching and came up blank. Would love for that poster to come back And enlighten us though if they actually did. That would be amazing to have it in wallet. Frankly seeing as how close Apple and Disney are I’m surprised you can’t.

I agree. I asked her to elaborate, and she never responded.

I’m not sure what she meant exactly, but there is no way to do what she wrote.

I have an emailed e-card that I received as a refund from RunDisney. The email with the code includes this link. Maybe that's what she's talking about. I haven't tried it yet, because I'm planning on moving the balance to an actual physical card.

I have an emailed e-card that I received as a refund from RunDisney. The email with the code includes this link. Maybe that's what she's talking about. I haven't tried it yet, because I'm planning on moving the balance to an actual physical card.

View attachment 524790

Ah, that would make more sense. Thanks for sharing!

I'd love if I could do that with a regular Disney gift card...

Will we be able to pay with our Magic bands at Food and wine feast for food and drink or do we need to use mobile ordering for that too??

Can we use the Disney Rewards card as payment if mobile ordering ?

Thanks

Will we be able to pay with our Magic bands at Food and wine feast for food and drink or do we need to use mobile ordering for that too??

Can we use the Disney Rewards card as payment if mobile ordering ?

Thanks
merged you to the existing thread
F&W: you can pay with your MB there's no mobile ordering for the booths, you can also pay with card or cash

So, question...what are my payment options at a snack booth? Do I have to use mobile order if I'm just walking up to buy a drink or popcorn, churro, etc? I usually give my family gift cards to buy snacks and treats. I feel like most of my planning for this trip is revolving around how to obtain food! :scratchin

So, question...what are my payment options at a snack booth? Do I have to use mobile order if I'm just walking up to buy a drink or popcorn, churro, etc? I usually give my family gift cards to buy snacks and treats. I feel like most of my planning for this trip is revolving around how to obtain food! :scratchin

No mobile ordering is available for snack booths. You could use your gift cards.

I paid with Disney GC at EPCOT World Showcase kiosks as well as snack carts around each park in July. Mobile ordering food was attached to my CC.

Can you link a Black Spira gift card to your MDE and use it for mobile ordering? This is a gift card you can buy in Galaxys Edge but you have to load 100.00 on it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter