In room celebrations? worth it? Yay or nah?

Tinkerbellerella84

Mouseketeer
My daughters 5th birthday falls during our vacation in November so I was thinking of having a frozen in room celebration for when we first get there and she opens the door? Has anyone done them? Like or not? Worth it? Any feedback is appreciated :)

I was looking in to doing one on our trip in October and decided against it. It seems to be super pricey for what you get. I'd rather spend that cash on going to a second MNSSHP than doing an in-room celebration.

I've done the treat bag with her name stitched on it for my daughter. She loved it and carried it around the entire trip. It is pricey though.

I made a gift basket through Disney Floral and my daughter loved it. I was able to control the price, though it certainly wasn't cheap. But the things I put in it (ears, stuffed animal, candy) were all things I would likely have ended up buying while we visited anyway.

We did a silver platter with nice items from Disney Floral as a thank you to my MIL for the trip. It is pricey but its a nice gesture. You can build your own package to which may be a less expensive option.

I've done two. They're pricey, the items are cheap, your daughter will lose them almost immediately, you don't need them...

But the experience is worth it. I did one for my mother and another time for my sister and video'd both occasions because I knew when they were going to happen so I get all the oohs and aahs. It's still one of the more remembered points of the trip. Best part is to get a package with the door banner. My mom and sister kept both of those and they know instantly something is up when they get to the room. (Mom swore up and down that we were obviously at the wrong room because theirs didn't have a banner!)

Now would I do it again? eeehh... It's worth it ONCE.

Unless things have changed, they will only decorate your room starting on the 2nd day of your reservation. Apparently room mix ups or changes, maybe late flights have caused problems in the past.

:earsboy: Bill

I think this is something you can do yourself on the cheap. It would require bringing supplies in your carry on and sneaking up to your room for a quick minute. You can use crepe paper, signs and packing tape or sticky tack for the door. You can sprinkle confetti on her bed and have a gift ready. You could pack a gift bag and tissue paper and have it set up in no time. Just print out a note from tinkerbelle or someone. I think kids LOVE this type of thing and it does not have to cost parents 300 bucks!

Unless things have changed, they will only decorate your room starting on the 2nd day of your reservation. Apparently room mix ups or changes, maybe late flights have caused problems in the past.

:earsboy: Bill
That's good to know. I put a basket together for my DH that I was hoping would be in our room prior to our arrival but I didn't think of the fact that we might get a room change. I'll look into my order a bit further. Thanks for the info!

I've looked at them in the past, but it's so expensive! It was cheaper for me to get my own little tote bag filled with goodies and some decorations and ship them to the resort. They will hold the package until you check in.

I've done them once. And I would only do them once

It's extremely pricey for what you get but the face on my daughter was worth the price. It was really pure excitement. We still have the stuff dolls, candy, and pens from the gift basket. The most magical thing in our basket though was a message from mickey PERSONALLY wishing her happy birthday. She even insisted that we deflate the balloons to take them home.

I did my own for my granddaughters 4th Birthday. I bought everything at home, or on sale from Disney shopping. I wrapped it all here and made really cute tags for each gift. Used the creative boards on the dis. I bought Balloons, banners, confetti all at the dollar store. I shipped it all down ahead of time to CBR. I know this part is not normal, but I sent a letter letting them know it was coming, and could they blow up a few balloons for the room. The manager called me and said "no problem". When we checked in the manager said they blew up a few balloons and the box I sent down was already in our room. We walked into the room and there had to be 15 balloons floating around. My granddaughter did not even see the box I shipped. My daughter took my granddaughter swimming and I went to work. I spent less than 100.00, including shipping and I had a much better welcome gift. I bought PJ"s, a doll, jewelry, glow sticks,candy, an outfit, and much more. It was so awesome. She loved it. My daughter was just as surprised. She knew I was doing things, but never expected that much.

Hmm, I ordered one for the first night of our stay at CBR and nothing was given online as an error nor was I emailed (thus far, my first night there is Oct 1), however that is not the first night of our trip as we have a split stay, so possibly that is why it didn't flag? But it's good information to know in case it doesn't work. Who knows, I might still get an email about that. It's not a surprise since there's just the two of us, more of a celebration of a big trip and we wanted to do something fun so if it has to move it has to move.

We did the halloween one a few years back. If we had had children with us (it was just dh and I. It was a surprise for him) it would have been worth the price. I felt the stuff was nice quality and the "surprise" factor was great. I knew what was in the package, but it was still neat for me to actually see it. For just us two adults it was a bit pricey. We are going with 4 kids this christmas and I am definitely going to get something from the florist. We are also bringing tink gifts for the kids, but its different.
Oh and it is the 2nd day for in room. Never the first day.

Hmm, I ordered one for the first night of our stay at CBR and nothing was given online as an error nor was I emailed (thus far, my first night there is Oct 1), however that is not the first night of our trip as we have a split stay, so possibly that is why it didn't flag? But it's good information to know in case it doesn't work. Who knows, I might still get an email about that. It's not a surprise since there's just the two of us, more of a celebration of a big trip and we wanted to do something fun so if it has to move it has to move.

It probably depends what time you check in. For many guests they can do the room after check-in while the guests are out doing other things. Certainly I've seen others report that this is how it worked for them. If your check in is too late in the day, or you just go straight to your room for rest, probably they'll move the delivery to the next day.

It probably depends what time you check in. For many guests they can do the room after check-in while the guests are out doing other things. Certainly I've seen others report that this is how it worked for them. If your check in is too late in the day, or you just go straight to your room for rest, probably they'll move the delivery to the next day.
Right of course and since we're moving from another resort, we'll be checking in early. And I picked the last time slot too. If I was flying in that day, I'd have picked our second day just to be sure.

The kids and I did it for DW on her 40th and it was so worth it to see the look on her face?

It was pricey but I would Definetly do it again

They wont do it day of arrival even if you check in at 7am. We always check in before 10am since we take the really early flight in so we have a full day in the parks that first day. We don't "waste" a travel day! lol
Anyway this is directly from their website.....
In Room Celebrations: Our magical celebrations are specially prepared inside your Disney Resort room by our team. You will select the day and time when making your purchase. Since resort room assignment occurs after you arrive, the soonest we can arrange delivery and set-up of our In Room Celebrations is on the day after your arrival.

Just wanted anyone who booked it for arrival day to be aware they wont do it. Don't want you to be disappointed. I personally think you should be able to send them a message saying your room is correct and they can come, but they don't want to deal with the hassle I guess. If you are doing regular delivery stuff they will leave it at the front desk for you so you can have it at arrival.

For me , the cost just doesn't justify it at all.

But, when my kids were younger (before Disney even offered stuff like that) I once had a gift waiting for them at the end of each day that I put out for them when they weren't looking. It was fun. These were simple things - like Disney coloring book/crayons, Disney Pajamas, ...I can't remember the other stuff. They really liked it. Didn't cost much...stretched out the "surprise" factor since it was a gift each day of the trip (some days housekeeping even put the gift with a towel animal...or placed it nicely on the bed, etc...)

Don't get me wrong, I'm all about surprises and stuff like this, but what you get just doesn't justify the price tag.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter