In room Meals

dutton

Mouseketeer
Does anyone have good suggestions for in room meals that you prepare that are kind of nutritious? We should have a microwave and fridge. I have four kids 8,6,3,1 and none are really picky. Thanks!

We don't get very fancy - PB&J with those mini peeled carrots and ranch dip. We also take yogurt, chips etc... Still better for them than fast food.

When we went i packed granola bars, oatmeal, raisins, pop tarts, cereal, i also made 2 dozen muffins and put them in the fridge. a jar of pnutbutter and celery sticks, cream cheese, crackers, all of these things can fill up an extra suitcase that you can use for all the "goodies" you buy on your trip-- kind of the gift bag(hahaha) a good suggestion i saw once before, and used, was to bring water bottles for everyone and fill them before you go to sleep and slip them in the fridge>>>> bring some juice mix for the kids>>>> ;) hope this helps *for the oatmeal... the rooms have coffee makers run it through for thr hot water....

My kids love(ok, maybe they just like) a salad with most meals, so we bring a slow-cooker-type thing(it is small and oblong, so packs well) to prepare spaghetti noodles in. We either bring a plastic jar of Ragu sauce, or I freeze left-over homemade spaghetti sauce a week before we leave, and toss the baggie in the cooler on our way out the door, and heat it up in the microwave(don't forget a micro dish...gladware is great). With a salad and some fruit, this isn't too bad. Also, soup and sandwiches hit the spot sometimes. My older kids have discovered easy mac(easy, maybe, nutritious, no)that I pair with some raw veggies or fruit for a quick meal. For breakfast, instant oatmeal or grits(not as good as the old-fashioned kind, but quick), cereal, and toaster waffles with milk and orange juice will hold us over until lunch(usually our big meal of the day). My kids think there is nothing like delivery pizza on vacation...with a salad or fruit, this makes for a cheaper meal than a sit-down restaurant. Hope this helps.:)

Ragu makes pasta with sauce that you make in the microwave. That would be a good, easy main dish that you could serve with veggie sticks.

We liked PB&J sandwiches for in room breakfasts. I brought pop tarts that NO ONE ate. Granola bars and fruit roll ups were popular with dd. Easy to pack as well. PB&J sandwiches are very filling and we made it to lunch easily. We eat a lot of character breakfasts, but when we ate in room it was nice and fast getting to the parks. One day we ate PB&J in room and really enjoyed granola at lunch sitting at Pizza Pavillion at MK. That was one inexpensive meal day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter