In Search of a Baguette Similar to Les Halles/Chefs de France

twocat

80 miles door-to-door to Disney.
I dream of the baguettes form Les Halles and Chefs. I don't know what makes them so good but they are the perfect texture and flavor for a baguette. The flavor is what drives my obsession followed by the texture.

I've been known to order a half baguette, warmed and sat and eaten that beauty with the wonderful butter provided.

I am trying to find a comparable baguette that I can buy at a grocery store or market that captures the flavor of the baguettes at Les Halles and Chefs.

I am in the Tampa Bay Area if that helps.

I've gotten the box of frozen baguettes from Costco and they are close.

From the grocery stores in the area I've tried the bakeries of Publix, Aldi, Whole Foods, Sprouts, Costco and I can't find anything that equals the fabulous baguettes from Les Halles and Chefs.

Can anyone help me with my baguette obsession?

In Publix, try Le Petit Francais Baguettes in the frozen food section. They have full size baguettes and mini baguettes. Love them!

In Publix, try Le Petit Francais Baguettes in the frozen food section. They have full size baguettes and mini baguettes. Love them!
Thanks, OKW Lover! Yep, those are the frozen ones I get at Costco. Probably the closest in flavor to Les Halles but not quite.

I second the Le Petit Francais Baguettes! I am also a huge fan of the Les Halles baguette and these come the closest that I've been able to find. I always serve them at Christmas dinner at my house.

This post brought back some great memories of when my kids were little. We're also in the Tampa area and go often, so I'm not always willing to spring for a full meal for the whole family, as that gets pretty expensive. But I also don't enjoy porting a bag of sandwiches around with me every time either. Sometimes as a compromise we'd just buy a bowl of lobster bisque, a whole baguette, and one or two pastries to share. The bread and butter dipped in the lobster bisque is honestly one of the best things at Disney I've ever eaten (and I've eaten at most of the Disney restaurants over the years), and split between the 3-4 of us it was very affordable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter