In Search of my Body...Not The One I Ate.. #4 "Inspiring Others... 1 Tiara at a Time"

Do you have Facebook Amiee?

My sister and nieces are always saying "the Christmas pics etc. are on facebook". I don't know how many times I say I don't have facebook. I can't see them people.

I just don't have interest in it. But it is frustrating when they say oh it's on my facebook just add me as a friend. I don't have an account frustrating family members. :surfweb:

Lisa--I am not Kat, but I am on Facebook. If you grab a pic of someone's FB site, I don't think that person has any way of telling you did that. I wouldn't sweat it. BTW, have I mentioned lately that I love having you here and am always happy to see your posts? And I am so proud of you! Your progress (internal and external) and your commitment, your growth...all of it. You are incredible!

Amy--glad to hear D's appointment went well. :lovestruc You know that issue is near and dear to my heart as VUR was the start of all of Kel's problems.

Ok, here is my report from the orthopedist (for those just joining this saga...I have a pulled hamstring and it has me laid up. I am not good at sitting still. I mean, REALLY not good at it. And I have my first triathlon in just a few weeks). So, off to the doc I go. This is the same doc who treated me after the car accident that I just mentioned. Two years ago.

He did the whole exam, checked me out every which way, and diagnosed me with a partial tear in the hamstring. While I was pretty sure of this, I was glad to have been checked. He checked my IT band, hip flexors, piriformis, and checked for sciatica. This pain, if you recall, had me baffled initially since it was sort of moving around a bit at first. But only the ham is injured. Good to know.

Anyway, after he was done examining me, he picked up his dictaphone and dictated all of his notes and comments about the exam (so that someone like LisaPR could transcribe them :goodvibes ). He always does this...with every patient, etc. Just his process. I have only had one other doc who has done this, but both are surgeons, so maybe that is why. Anyway, here is what he said...

"Female patient, 39 years old, came in complaining of hamstring tenderness....blah blah medical stuff....patient is in outstanding physical condition. Triathlete. Preparing for event in 3 weeks. Treatment is blah blah medical stuff...so we can get this athlete back up and competing quickly. Due to excellent muscle tone and quality, I expect recovery to be quick in duration with no lasting effects."

Now THAT had me even higher than the pain meds! :cool1:

Then it was off to PT. All we did today was lots and lots of stretching. So no genital protection was necessary. :rotfl2: Though I gave him appropriate warning for tomorrow morning, when I begin real PT. :lmao: After tomorrow's session, we will decide if I can at least swim and/or bike. Keep your fingers crossed for me that I will be allowed to do something!

Ok, I know there is more I want to respond to, but I will have to go back and look.

And LisaV--the Cutie doesn't have a FB account either. And once in a while she wants to see pics that people have posted. So she uses MINE. :rotfl2: One of these days I am going to log on to my account and find that she has replaced all of my photos with my old FAT photos! ;) Or that she has told one of my ex-boyfriends that I still have the hots for him. :rotfl: (Yes, I have 3 of my ex's as friends on FB. Maybe more, even.)

Liz - Why would you and Kat want to come up to Canada to watch them lose? I'm so confused. :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao:

Did I miss this reference? :confused3 But, yes, we so want to be there next year. Richelle and Rob say we're crazy, but Nick is ALL about it.

Welcome Ronda!!!! :flower3: Forties are gaining on this thread. We'll soon have Erika in our grasp. :lmao:

Ah, but see, E's official documentation says she IS 40!!! True, true! Even though she is only 39. Forever.

If you had an upset stomach the other night, it was just that...an upset stomach. Just something that didn't agree with you. It does not mean that you have a gluten allergy or a sensitivity to flour. You have also been eating a lot of fiber (which is GREAT :cool1: ), but just ask Liz and Lyz...it can create havoc with your tum.

Just because you had some stomach issues, do not rush to the assumption that you have a major illness. Sometimes, we just have reactions to something...and it is nothing more than that.

Now, say a quick prayer of gratitude that you do not have cancer and are not having chemo treatments, that you do not have heart disease and are not having a major bypass surgery this week, that you are not in kidney failure and not on dialysis multiple times a week. Many of us right here on this thread have friends and family dealing with these and other serious issues. They live it day in and day out.

An erratic heart beat doesn't mean heart problems and disease. UTIs and hemenuria does not mean kidney cancer. And and upset stomach one night does not mean a gluten allergy. I find that keeping Liz's mom and Lyz's sister and others in the forefront of my mind helps me keep everything in perspective.

Am I pissed that I can't run and train right now? Sure. Am I in a lot of pain and discomfort right now? Absolutely. But I just think to myself..."No matter how much this sucks, it beats the hell out of chemo." Words to live by, don't you think? :goodvibes

Okay, just on the cancer thing....

Yesterday I was on the phone with my mom, which is where this "the chemo isn't working" thing came from. The tumor markings are up, they should go down, but whatever. Early to tell. Scan coming soon.

So, anyway, I'm on the phone with her and I'm like "Mom, you are going to die. Everyone is going to die. We all die. You will, too. Probably won't be now. But all our days are numbered." And she's like "Yeah, you're right."

The joy of discussing your mother's death with her. Welcome to my world! She's 62, btw. Young. And here's the CRAZY part. This is the good part of all this. Honestly, having my mom call me to discuss her fears about death is the GOOD part. I'm not complaining, I'm just sharing. It could be worse. She could have died in 1996. But instead, it's 2009 and we discuss it. :thumbsup2

Liz - Sylvia and your friend are in my thoughts. I'm sorry that your mom is feeling that way about her treatment. I'm sorry. Prayers Liz.

I had quite the morning. Long story short I was running out of meds for my cramps so I played some roulette with them and failed miserably. I forgot what my period was without them. I was about to faint. But it was one of those moments where bathroom, throw up and fainting were in a fighting match and I didn't know who would win. :lmao: Okay, TMI folks. Some winners and some losers. :laughing:

But it's funny in a way cause I thought oh Lord I'm going down. And I'm going down on slate or concrete and you know who will find me:rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl: Some real estate agent showing my place!!!!!:rotfl: :lmao:

I didn't pass out but was oh so close. I was making deals with God. Please don't let some boy agent find me here on my bathroom floor. Please. :rotfl: Like God cares about these little things. Smiling.
Can you imagine the trauma of all that? Boys, bathrooms and semi nude. Life is so funny.

It's like that Sex and the City episode where Carrie sends Aiden to a nude Miranda on the bathroom floor. Priceless.

Then being the ungrateful sh!t that I am. I'm able to get myself to the bed and I'll I can tnink about is funk man - I can't do my intervals in my gym at hone here. See how ungrateful I am - I'm pleading no semi nude unconscious visits please and then I get my wish and I'm complaining about not being able to go upstairs to work out. Boy oh boy.

OMG, know that episode! Funny in that horrifying way, right? Poor you! Those kind of cramps are brutual!!!

And thanks for the mom-love. She appreciates it.

Challenge stuff:
I did core today, so I am 2/2 for the week. No running. I will attempt to double up on C25K tomorrow. Delena and I need to go to the post office in the morning, so I can work it in with that. It won't be as fast as I would like, since I'll be pushing the stroller. I will probably repeat week 3 next week since this week did not go as well as I would have liked.

Tracking: I tracked today, so 3/3 for the week. I need to look up a couple things to figure out my dinner calories, but I think I will come in around 1300 ish. One thing I have realized through tracking is that I really need to cut down on sharing delena's snacks with her. Like, I don't need to eat some of her cheddar bunny crackers everytime she has some.

Booze: None. Enough Said.

Wow, Amy, good job! And yes to the snacks. When I'm on, I ignore the kid food. Slightly off, and it consumes me. Darn motherhood.

Liz ~ prayer list, consider it done

Kelly ~ so glad you are motivated by WW again.

Amy ~ awesome shoes, any idea when you will hear a decision from the interview??

Paula ~ you always make me laugh. Please add me to the Jesse fan club.

Sarah ~ great for you with the subs! I like the 100 cal packs for portion control, but I too find them extra easy to use.

Kat ~ are you still awake?? 7:30 is so early for you!

Ronda ~ Hello!! Welcome aboard! :welcome:

Lyz ~ yes, it was absent-minded hair playing. Still not expecting much though.

LisaZ ~ keep it up!

Agh, interupted by my kiddos, lol.

Be back with more comments.

Amiee, thank you. :love:

So, I will pretend to be Lyz for a moment...Where are you from? What do you do? What does Sue do? How long have you been together? How long have you been a Disney fan? Do you have a trip coming up soon? Ok, that should take care of it...for now. ;) You'll find that we like the details and the dirt.

Well... Lyz, we're in Kansas City. I'm a programmer and Sue is an auditor. We've been together about three years. I started going to WDW in 1993. Biggest year was probaby three or four trips. Those were mostly with my ex. Sue doesn't like theme parks. I explain WDW is different. I'm going to have to run the half marathon to go back!

My last trip was in 2005. We almost went last year, but around the time we needed to decide my employer said, "soon, 20% of you will be gone." I didn't lose my job, but it was a good decision.

lisaviolet said:
Welcome Ronda!!!! Forties are gaining on this thread. We'll soon have Erika in our grasp.

Ronda is Sue losing too? Is she a jock?

A big welcome to you.

We started C25K together. We're not jocks:rotfl2: But we're both losing. The support we give one another is a huge help. It's as if we take turns being responsible.

Ronda--my spouse was not a "theme park person" either. I had to drag him to WDW kicking and screaming the first time. We rode Space Mountain first. He laughed his a$$ off the entire time. He came staggering off that ride and was instantly Mr. Disney. He whipped out his guide map and said, "Ok, first we'll finish off Tomorrowland. Then, we'll go do Small World since it is ours (last name is Small), then we have to be back over here by noon for the parade...." And on and on. Here we are 13 years after that first trip, DVC owners, with 3 Disney-obsessed kids! I hope you can get her to go with you. You never know, she could catch the magic. pixiedust:

Thanks for answering all of the questions! I know that this may seem like an overwhelming group to break into, but really we aren't. It is just that many of us have been together for 13 months now, so there is a lot of familiarity and inside jokes, etc. Stick around, though, you'll be surprised how quickly you put all of the pieces together.

One more question...how much weight to want to lose? Or is this more about toning and fitness for you? Ok, so that was more than one question! :goodvibes

I'm such a baby. :lmao:

What about saving a pic Amiee? If I saved yours could you see that I did that? I hate that I did that. IBut I was curious to see it and I couldn't see a thing so darn small. If I was Catholic I'd be running to confessional. :rotfl:

Don't say a word people - I'm quite aware that I am being ridiculous.

Nope, you can save all you want.

Okay, just on the cancer thing....

Yesterday I was on the phone with my mom, which is where this "the chemo isn't working" thing came from. The tumor markings are up, they should go down, but whatever. Early to tell. Scan coming soon.

So, anyway, I'm on the phone with her and I'm like "Mom, you are going to die. Everyone is going to die. We all die. You will, too. Probably won't be now. But all our days are numbered." And she's like "Yeah, you're right."

The joy of discussing your mother's death with her. Welcome to my world! She's 62, btw. Young. And here's the CRAZY part. This is the good part of all this. Honestly, having my mom call me to discuss her fears about death is the GOOD part. I'm not complaining, I'm just sharing. It could be worse. She could have died in 1996. But instead, it's 2009 and we discuss it. :thumbsup2

Woman, you never cease to amaze me...

Ronda - we love details. Love them.

Hey, on the auditor thing - my husband isn't one, but he works for EY. And Kat's a programmer! Right, Kat? That's what you do, right? Did I get it right?

Do you have Facebook Amiee?

My sister and nieces are always saying "the Christmas pics etc. are on facebook". I don't know how many times I say I don't have facebook. I can't see them people.

I just don't have interest in it. But it is frustrating when they say oh it's on my facebook just add me as a friend. I don't have an account frustrating family members. :surfweb:

Yes, I have one. All of us on here have one. I don't get on there much (but that tends to be picking up). There really isn't much maintenence to it unless you want to update it.

Lisa--I am not Kat, but I am on Facebook. If you grab a pic of someone's FB site, I don't think that person has any way of telling you did that. I wouldn't sweat it. BTW, have I mentioned lately that I love having you here and am always happy to see your posts? And I am so proud of you! Your progress (internal and external) and your commitment, your growth...all of it. You are incredible!

Amy--glad to hear D's appointment went well. :lovestruc You know that issue is near and dear to my heart as VUR was the start of all of Kel's problems.

Ok, here is my report from the orthopedist (for those just joining this saga...I have a pulled hamstring and it has me laid up. I am not good at sitting still. I mean, REALLY not good at it. And I have my first triathlon in just a few weeks). So, off to the doc I go. This is the same doc who treated me after the car accident that I just mentioned. Two years ago.

He did the whole exam, checked me out every which way, and diagnosed me with a partial tear in the hamstring. While I was pretty sure of this, I was glad to have been checked. He checked my IT band, hip flexors, piriformis, and checked for sciatica. This pain, if you recall, had me baffled initially since it was sort of moving around a bit at first. But only the ham is injured. Good to know.

Anyway, after he was done examining me, he picked up his dictaphone and dictated all of his notes and comments about the exam (so that someone like LisaPR could transcribe them :goodvibes ). He always does this...with every patient, etc. Just his process. I have only had one other doc who has done this, but both are surgeons, so maybe that is why. Anyway, here is what he said...

"Female patient, 39 years old, came in complaining of hamstring tenderness....blah blah medical stuff....patient is in outstanding physical condition. Triathlete. Preparing for event in 3 weeks. Treatment is blah blah medical stuff...so we can get this athlete back up and competing quickly. Due to excellent muscle tone and quality, I expect recovery to be quick in duration with no lasting effects."

Now THAT had me even higher than the pain meds! :cool1:

Then it was off to PT. All we did today was lots and lots of stretching. So no genital protection was necessary. :rotfl2: Though I gave him appropriate warning for tomorrow morning, when I begin real PT. :lmao: After tomorrow's session, we will decide if I can at least swim and/or bike. Keep your fingers crossed for me that I will be allowed to do something!

Ok, I know there is more I want to respond to, but I will have to go back and look.

I'm glad the injury isn't more serious...... and from what i've heard his dictation is right on, you pretty much rock woman! Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Stacy! Hi!!! So, girl, what's going on?

Oh, you know, those conversations are kind of funny. Black humor. And nice to be able to have. It really is a good thing. :goodvibes My mom WILL die, and I have had to accept that. I go on the assumption that she'll live to see Emily get married, but still, I take every chance I get to do stuff. Like the Coach trip this week, or dinner with them on Valentine's Day, or vacation together this summer. Every memory, every chance. I push to do stuff NOW with her, and that's why. I am all about the last-minute plan. Never put a thing off.

The worst thing could be that I spend a lot of time with my mom and dad and they live to be 90!

I see my cousin, I know what she would give for another day with her mom. I learn from her.

Did I tell you guys she wants to follow Bruce on his tour this summer? (Not your Bruce, Stacy. ;) ) So we are going to Hershey, PA, and Phoenix. And trying for some other shows, too. We bought tickets for wherever we could get them. She wants to finish chemo on a Wed, have me pick her up from CHEMO, and get on a plane. Like, if she is going to live to the fullest, who am I to sit on my butt?

Stacey - not enough from you either. I know, I know. School and all that jazz. :laughing: I'm teasing. I can't barely post and I'm not going to graduate school.

Oh yeah. We had a wind storm last night. The trampolene blew a bit. Exciting. I went to bed in my usual bed clothes, tank top and undies, and laid there wondering how fast I can throw on yoga pants and tshirt all while grabbing my children as the roof of my house blew off. Made for a restless night. I drempt about dental floss, getting stuck in the little tube between my mouth and my nose and I had to pull it out thru my nose. Weird.

I KNOW I KNOW I'm not worthy ;) Everytime i think i'm going to have time to sit down and get into it, i make it halfway through a post and the phone rings, or the dog spazzes or the husband beckons lol.... I promise i'll try harder :)

We had some wind too..... one of my friends had a tree cave in the roof on her house :headache:

Did I tell you guys she wants to follow Bruce on his tour this summer? (Not your Bruce, Stacy. ;) )

HAHA, i can see it now, some random woman following my husband around.... Who the heck is that? Oh her? Bruce don't worry about it, it's Liz's cousin :cool1:

not much is up, but know whats funny? The fact that you had a post string asking my how to spell my name weeks back, and you still spell it wrong :rotfl2: i love it!

HAHA, i can see it now, some random woman following my husband around.... Who the heck is that? Oh her? Bruce don't worry about it, it's Liz's cousin :cool1:

not much is up, but know whats funny? The fact that you had a post string asking my how to spell my name weeks back, and you still spell it wrong :rotfl2: i love it!

OMG, do I???? I keep thinking my instinct is wrong, so I spell it without the E!!! But you NEED an E! Sorry! Call me Lyz for a while. Also, my mom has cancer. I"m a mess. :lmao:

StacEy!!!

Well... Lyz, we're in Kansas City. I'm a programmer and Sue is an auditor. We've been together about three years. I started going to WDW in 1993. Biggest year was probaby three or four trips. Those were mostly with my ex. Sue doesn't like theme parks. I explain WDW is different. I'm going to have to run the half marathon to go back!

My last trip was in 2005. We almost went last year, but around the time we needed to decide my employer said, "soon, 20% of you will be gone." I didn't lose my job, but it was a good decision.

We started C25K together. We're not jocks:rotfl2: But we're both losing. The support we give one another is a huge help. It's as if we take turns being responsible.

Ronda - we love details. Love them.

Hey, on the auditor thing - my husband isn't one, but he works for EY. And Kat's a programmer! Right, Kat? That's what you do, right? Did I get it right?

Yes, I am a programmer, you got it right!! :laughing:

And I was not into WDW either, Mr Kat dragged me there in Sept '06 and now I drank the koolaid and am a fanatic.

Hi Stacey!!

Yes, I am a programmer, you got it right!! :laughing:

And I was not into WDW either, Mr Kat dragged me there in Sept '06 and now I drank the koolaid and am a fanatic.

Hi Stacey!!

HEY GIRL! It's been a while since i could just relax and hang out on the thread, how you livin?

um WORD!!!!

Oh, you know, those conversations are kind of funny. Black humor. And nice to be able to have. It really is a good thing. :goodvibes My mom WILL die, and I have had to accept that. I go on the assumption that she'll live to see Emily get married, but still, I take every chance I get to do stuff. Like the Coach trip this week, or dinner with them on Valentine's Day, or vacation together this summer. Every memory, every chance. I push to do stuff NOW with her, and that's why. I am all about the last-minute plan. Never put a thing off.

The worst thing could be that I spend a lot of time with my mom and dad and they live to be 90!

I see my cousin, I know what she would give for another day with her mom. I learn from her.

Did I tell you guys she wants to follow Bruce on his tour this summer? (Not your Bruce, Stacy. ;) ) So we are going to Hershey, PA, and Phoenix. And trying for some other shows, too. We bought tickets for wherever we could get them. She wants to finish chemo on a Wed, have me pick her up from CHEMO, and get on a plane. Like, if she is going to live to the fullest, who am I to sit on my butt?

Liz - you are so cool. Not only do you get it, you take the bull by the horns, ride it until it is tired and then hop off asking what's next. Too cool...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter