• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

In Search of My Body vol.9 - I Get By With A Little Help From My Friends

<lurk off>

Hi goddesses. I have been reading about vacations and guys and bikes and running and heat. Between work and life we are busy and the DIS gets the short shrift.

I have decided to do the WDW Marathon in January. I realized I'll want to do one eventually and I just get older every year. It's a nice flat course, the weather can't be that weird two years running and that MEDAL! The time is now. So.... a new training schedule and new obsession.

I'm not signed up yet. IF the full sold out last year it was at least Thanksgiving. I have time to see if I can do a 20 mile training run. I'll be doing this on the cheap - off site, possibly no park admission. Just the run.

DGF and I are running a race this Saturday - can't believe I missed national running day. She's doing the 5k and I the 10. Her niece's HS graduation party is Saturday night.

Off to walk the dog,
Ronda

Ronda--total Goddess status for doing the FULL! I kinda feel like this is "my year" to do one, too. BUT. I am really only interested in doing the Disney one. And we are going down in December and then I am planning on the Princess again in February. And no way am I going to swing three trips three months in a row. :sad2: So, we'll wait and see.

And you are right--the Mickey doesn't fill till late, if at all. So hold on your pennies for now. (How I wish it was only pennies!)

Have fun on the 10k! We'll need a race report, of course. ;)

We're going to my niece's graduation party on Saturday, too. Tis the season.

Hope you find more time to post...we miss you around here!

Great job Nancy. :lovestruc

thanks :blush: I have a question for you Lisa. Are you and Jean still thinking about moving back downtown? (yes, Petula Clark is now in my head :laughing:)

No run for me I got a sick baby, double ear infection.

ugh. I hope the little peanut is feeling better!

Now I remember--Zumba! OMG, I could never do it. SO not coordinated enough. (See? The snark was about ME not anyone else! :lmao: )

:laughing:

I have decided to do the WDW Marathon in January. I realized I'll want to do one eventually and I just get older every year. It's a nice flat course, the weather can't be that weird two years running and that MEDAL! The time is now. So.... a new training schedule and new obsession.

I am so excited for you! :hyper: The full was one of the most challenging things I've ever done. And oh, so rewarding when you cross that finish line.

I'm here. Sore but here. I want to run/walk so bad.

Let your body heal. It's so not worth it to keep aggrevating it. Are you able to do any kind of exercise that doesn't bother you?

I, myself, am finally almost pain free. Yes, it's taken almost 3 months from the 1/2 for my hamstring to settle down. I'll start trail running again soon, but until then it's biking, walking, elliptical for me.

Speaking of biking, I got my bike back yesterday afternoon, so this morning I'll go out before work, and hopefully before it rains! :scared: I had them install an odometer for me. Of course, I don't know how to use it :laughing: Shocking, I know. I started to read the little instruction booklet last night, but didn't get past the "caution" statements. 2 of the top 3 warnings were "don't concentrate on the computer operations while riding" and "used batteries are harmful if swallowed by mistake" :scared1: Seriously? They need to warn people about that? Sadly, there is no shortage of stupid in this world :headache:

Morning! What a weird day here. Very overcast and dark and drizzly--about 65*--and 100% HUMIDITY. I am dripping with sweat and chilly at the same time! So strange!

Nancy! Glad the bike is back! :goodvibes

wicked humid here as well. <blech> Heading out now for a ride before the storms roll in. Crossing my fingers that I won't crash trying to figure out my new toy! :rolleyes1

thanks :blush: I have a question for you Lisa. Are you and Jean still thinking about moving back downtown? (yes, Petula Clark is now in my head :laughing:)

I, myself, am finally almost pain free.

I had them install an odometer for me. Of course, I don't know how to use it :laughing: Shocking, I know. I started to read the little instruction booklet last night, but didn't get past the "caution" statements. 2 of the top 3 warnings were "don't concentrate on the computer operations while riding" and "used batteries are harmful if swallowed by mistake" :scared1: Seriously? They need to warn people about that? Sadly, there is no shortage of stupid in this world :headache:[/B][/COLOR]

Yes, on the first. I have no idea why I haven't got the house on the market. Tired I think. And the properties come in daily in our price range and they're small. Bachelor small. So then I have to find a decent property to do at least ONE sleeping area. And I've so enjoyed having my own bedroom. Sighing. The reason I moved. Didn't want to but thought I needed to.

So yes was the answer. :lmao:

Wonderful on the purple Nancy.

And :lmao::rotfl: on the last part.

It's Thursday so it's Lisa time.

WAIST - down an inch!!!!:dance3:

I did it three times I was so shocked. One, it's only been a week. It will be once a month once I do the waist, thigh, hip, scale rotation. But this first one was a week. SHOCKED.

I'm very straight up and down. Waist is hard for me to move. Plus, I don't carry a lot of fat there. I'm very strong in the core. SO - SHOCKED AND PLEASED.

You know I've had so much to say for about a momth. I must sit down and type it all out. Fitness realizations.

Erika - I'm on your TR. I SO don't want to hurt your head BUT -

Do you really care at home resort advantage at WDW when you're in the position to take it? My thoughts are that you've been pretty happy at all DVCs. So I'm not sure if that matters to you.

AND -

Does the high points at VGV bother you at all? I know BLT are a lot too but I think - I should check - VGV are even higher.

I don't know Erika. You LOVE it so much. Okay, I'm not making this better. But it's so clear that you just ADORED it. And even if you go every four years or so - you have the booking for so a small small DVC.

I'm sorry for bringing all this up but I noticed you are still deciding and unsure now that the package has arrived.

And it's obvious your heart is there. And it was a place that Jeff wanted to cancel SD for and you said Jeff doesn't love Disney the way you all do. Plus, VGC made him want to add on!!!

Biting my tongue. SO BITING MY TONGUE. :rolleyes1

An inch loss rocks Lisa! <Singing downtown in my noggin>

Nancy all exercise is so painful right now. I hope I can do something this weekend.

LISA!! Yay on the inch loss! :goodvibes

EE, hope the pain goes away soon.

E, you have all my DVC thoughts.

So, good news and bad news today. Good news is, we got some really good company news. Job security, maybe opportunities to grow my team, all good stuff.

Bad news is... weight still sucks. Weighed in at 190 this morning, which means I have made very little progress since the beginning of March. I guess that at least I haven't gained from there, but I am still about 6 lbs up from my 2010 low.

Maybe we need a challenge? I have a goal of being under 180 when I go to the RnR half in Chicago in late July, and of being able to do my "magic mile" under 11 min and a 3 mile time under 35.

An inch loss rocks Lisa! <Singing downtown in my noggin>

Nancy all exercise is so painful right now. I hope I can do something this weekend.

Thanks Amiee.

So frustrating on the pain. I know - it's so frustrating.

Lisa. I KNOW. To all of it. You are right. I am still agonizing.

Mouth shut. I just went to your TR. I'm not the only one. Poor you. But lucky you!

When the head pain starts just think how lovely it will be when you make a final decision.

LISA!! Yay on the inch loss! :goodvibes

EE, hope the pain goes away soon.

E, you have all my DVC thoughts.

So, good news and bad news today. Good news is, we got some really good company news. Job security, maybe opportunities to grow my team, all good stuff.

Bad news is... weight still sucks. Weighed in at 190 this morning, which means I have made very little progress since the beginning of March. I guess that at least I haven't gained from there, but I am still about 6 lbs up from my 2010 low.

Maybe we need a challenge? I have a goal of being under 180 when I go to the RnR half in Chicago in late July, and of being able to do my "magic mile" under 11 min and a 3 mile time under 35.

Thanks on the waist. I'm in a really good place. Life not so much. But excited about where I am mentally about exercise and weight and such.

Yeah on the job Kat. That's fantastic.

As for the weight - nothing wrong with holding for a bit. It's coming off Kat. Excited about your race.

I have a myriad of tests tomorrow and I'm not even looking at them. :lmao: I SO don't want to know because all I do is think "which ones involve any nudity?" and then I'll get all sick and nuts.

But I think my stress test might be tomorrow so I'm kind of intrigued and excited about that one. Didn't have it before because I wasn't over forty. Curious to see how I do and how far they push you.

So yes was the answer. :lmao:

Well, you'll know it when the right property comes along. Until then, well, keep on keepin' on :laughing:

It's Thursday so it's Lisa time.

WAIST - down an inch!!!!:dance3:

Awesome Lisa! I'm picturing you in your fabulous red jacket with that belt cinched up around your thinning waist. Nice. :thumbsup2

I'm so sorry. I know how frustrating that is. I so hope you find the relief you need ASAP!

I'm not normally a "throw down" kinda person but a challenge sounds good to me ;)

I have a myriad of tests tomorrow and I'm not even looking at them. :lmao: I SO don't want to know because all I do is think "which ones involve any nudity?" and then I'll get all sick and nuts.

But I think my stress test might be tomorrow so I'm kind of intrigued and excited about that one. Didn't have it before because I wasn't over forty. Curious to see how I do and how far they push you.

Good luck tomorrow!

Awesome Lisa! I'm picturing you in your fabulous red jacket with that belt cinched up around your thinning waist. Nice. :thumbsup2

Good luck tomorrow!

Yeah for my red coat. :lmao:

And baby Lisa needs to be a grown up. I just looked at my papers. It's only the echocardiogram (stress test) tomorrow. And I'm kind of curious and excited about that one. So stressing already for nada.

It's not my heavy day - all day crap all over the hospital - that's Monday. So I'm fine for tomorrow. BUT I just read that you are nude from the waist up. Why would they make you hurt yourself running and flopping on the treadmill. Why? :rotfl: I don't know why I'm laughing. It really doesn't amuse me in the least. :sad2: :laughing:

BUT I just read that you are nude from the waist up. Why would they make you hurt yourself running and flopping on the treadmill. Why? :rotfl: I don't know why I'm laughing. It really doesn't amuse me in the least. :sad2: :laughing:

:scared1: WHAT? No way. That makes no sense to me. At all. Of COURSE my heart rate would be thru the roof. I'd be topless on a TM. Who wouldn't be stressed before they started?!?!?! That must be for men. Seriously. Wear a sports bra.

Hi All,
Please forgive me I have not read any posts.
Was at school all day with the girls

Alaina's ear is ozzing stuff, so gross, doctor said not to worry.

Now I have to make dinner and clean up

BUT>>>> I did run my 2 miles this morning before school.

:scared1: WHAT? No way. That makes no sense to me. At all. Of COURSE my heart rate would be thru the roof. I'd be topless on a TM. Who wouldn't be stressed before they started?!?!?! That must be for men. Seriously. Wear a sports bra.

Okay. Wait. :lmao::rotfl: I totally misspoke. Topless was the wrong word. Nude with a hospital gown. Whoops sorry. I mean I assume you get to keep the hospital gown on.

I WOULD NEVER RUN ON A TREADMILL TOPLESS. NEVER. THEY WOULD JUST HAVE TO RIP THE KIDNEY OUT> :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

I am in tears laughing. Thank you so much Nancy. I'm SO LAUGHING.

I obviously suck at communicating.

And as for your HR being way up that's wonderful - perfect actually -l b/c that's the purpose of the entire test. :rotfl2:

Oh Nancy - my stomach hurts. :lmao:

Hi ladies :):):)

A week or two of lurking turned into a few weeks, and I come back to find a whole new thread! WOW! Been reading still ( you thought I dissappeared huh) and am still amazed by all of you ladies. :)

Hope everyone has been well in the few weeks (or is it closer to month/months) that I've not been around.

As for waiting for the right property. I can't. :sad2: I have to get this place on sale first. Downtown is too hot for conditional offers. Unfortunately.

Hi Jo! :goodvibes

Hi Cathie. :goodvibes

Lisa, I know I have missed some posts, but
Running naked with only a gown, OMG, did you really??
OMG, you poor thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter