In search of new dining ideas/recs

OhanaMomma

Mouseketeer
Hi! My ADR day is coming up soon, and I’m trying to book new dining experiences for me and my family of 4. Was wondering if there are any “must do’s” I might be missing or we should try. We have done a lot already...but could use some recommendations. Here’s a short list of what we’ve done so far:
Hoop Dee Doo (we go every yr)
Cinderella’s Royal Table
Chef Mickey’s
Crystal Palace
1900 Park Fare (bfast and dinner)
Boma bfast
Bon Voyage bfast
Garden Grill
OHana
Sci-Fi
50’s Prime Time
Boathouse
Frontera
Be Our Guest
Biergarten
Tusker House
Tiffins
Kona Cafe
Cape May Cafe

You have a good list of experience already!

Akershaus Breakfast is fun and a PPO opportunity
My kids like Sanaa, the bread service is yummy and the food is well prepared
San Angel Inn gets mixed reviews, but we really like it and the atmosphere shouldn’t be missed
Skipper Canteen has immersive theming and the food is good, a great break at MK
Hollywood Brown Derby has very good food and sometimes there are characters in the true sense of the word. We had a starlet visit last month.

If your kids are older, my new favorite meal is the California Grill brunch.

You have a good list of experience already!

Akershaus Breakfast is fun and a PPO opportunity
My kids like Sanaa, the bread service is yummy and the food is well prepared
San Angel Inn gets mixed reviews, but we really like it and the atmosphere shouldn’t be missed
Skipper Canteen has immersive theming and the food is good, a great break at MK
Hollywood Brown Derby has very good food and sometimes there are characters in the true sense of the word. We had a starlet visit last month.

If your kids are older, my new favorite meal is the California Grill brunch.

Thanks so much for the recommendations! I’ve heard great things about both Sanaa and Cali grill brunch. I’ll definitely try these!

Here are some that we like that don't seem to be on your list:

California Grill, dinner or brunch
Skipper Canteen
Morimoto
Hollywood Brown Derby

Also, Chef Art Smith is pretty popular (I haven't been there yet), and Storybook Dining at Artist Point is new.

I would add Coral Reef, Chefs, Tutto Italia, Liberty Tree Tavern lunch, Tony’s, Whispering Canyon Cafe, and Boma dinner.

Our best meal on our last trip was at Bongos so I highly recommend this one. ( Fabulous service too )

Some of our other Must Do's are:
  • Tutto Italia
  • Teppan Edo
  • Kona Cafe ( for breakfast )
  • Olivia's at OKW ( for breakfast )
  • Grand Floridian Cafe ( this was in our top 3 last trip as well )
  • And last but not least - Ghiradelli's for ice cream.

Our Must-Do every trip is Via Niapoli in EPCOT. We always have great service and the food is great, especially if you're looking for pizza. Some other places I would recommend, though, are The Plaza on Main Street and The Wave at the Contemporary. :thumbsup2

A couple that are my favorites that you do not have listed are the Wave breakfast, Teppan Edo and Yak & Yeti

The two places that I think are missing from your list are Sanaa and Homecoming. These are without question are favorite non-signature restaurants and both offer amazing food. If you like classic Italian pizza Via Napoli is also worth taking a look at.

Here are a few that I have enjoyed over the years.

California Grill while watching HEA
Narcoossee's also while watching HEA
Chefs de France
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Raglan Road

Im trying the Artist Point Snow White dinner this time around. I loved Artist Point in the past. Hoping its not too far off what it used to be.

Im also going back to a a few old favorites I havent been to in a while, Chef de France (dinner), Le Cellier (Dinner) and Liberty Tree Tavern (Lunch)

Via Napoli is a must do for every one in my family except me! I do love it, but my FAVORITE is San Angel Inn (nothing beats Mexican food IMO).

I always have a great experience at Spirit of Aloha. Just something different I cant find anywhere near home! Same with Biergarten, but I see youve already been there.

Several posts have mentioned many of our favorites, but I'll echo the recommendations for The Brown Derby (one of my favorite restaurants ANYWHERE, not just WDW) and Narcoosee's. The Luau Show at the Poly is a lot of fun too. Good luck with your ADR's!!:shamrock:

It really depends if you are looking for Signature Dining or not.
Our favorites not on your list:
California Grill
Monsieur Paul and Chef De France
Jiko
Yak & Yeti
Skipper Canteen
Raglan Road
Polite Pig
Brown Derby
Bluezoo
Il Mulino

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter