In studio now, noise from 1bd room

Iggipolka

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
Hi,
I’m currently in a studio at Aulani as a solo traveler. I’m not sure what to do about the noise I hear from the connecting one bedroom.
I’m actually unsure if it’s just normal kid noise (goodness knows mine are loud) or if there’s something more serious going on.

I’m surprised & dismayed at how clearly I can hear them. I got to the studio around 10pm and the child,2-4yr old, was scream sobbing for an hour. I figured normal over tired kid.
They were awake at 5:30am and for the past three hours, I’ve heard repeated “Mama? Mama? “ followed by angry mom voice, kid crying, silence, repeat.
I’m thinking of asking the front desk to check on them. Would that be unreasonable?

As much as I’m worried about the child, I’m also aggravated because I took this solo trip to recharge from the exhaustion of being a working mom. Of course, I knew there would be families & children, but I never expected the poor sound proofing of a studio’s connecting door. Is this normal? Any tips to muffle the sound?

thanks

I would see if I could get a different room, maybe one without a connecting door. The kid might be a poor sleeper anyway, and the mom is probably exhausted from dealing with it, this kind of thing sounds like what it was like with my toddlers and I can tell you that even when I sounded angry I wasn't doing anything to harm them.

Change rooms. I just got back from Disney (Grand Floridian) and got two rooms stuck in the elevator lobby of one of the buildings. Really noisy and I couldn't imagine 6 more nights of it. So I got both rooms moved. If the hotel is not at 100% capacity you should be okay to be moved.

If moving isn’t possible, we’ve had success placing pillows or rolled up towels, etc., against the bottom of the door between the rooms.

I would see if I could get a different room, maybe one without a connecting door. The kid might be a poor sleeper anyway, and the mom is probably exhausted from dealing with it, this kind of thing sounds like what it was like with my toddlers and I can tell you that even when I sounded angry I wasn't doing anything to harm them.

i thought all studios connect to one bedrooms?

There are no dedicated studios at Aulani. They are all lockoffs. Just open the door on your side and stick a pillow, blanket or towel between the two doors. Then close the door on your side (and make sure you lock it on your side).
Aulani Villa Types
-0 Dedicated Studios
-0 Dedicated 1BR villas
-193 Dedicated 2BR villas
-246 Lockoff 2BR Villas
-21 Grand Villas
Total = 460 Villas / 706 Max. Available

Even if there isn't a dedicated studio I would still want to move, I wouldn't want to have to put up with that during my entire trip. Not all families are that loud at night, it's just bad luck.

This was my impression. There was no comfort offered by the parent, just a hash scolding tone. Super sad.
I saw bedding pile outside their room today. I’m hoping they are departing. Otherwise, I’m going to try the towels in between the connecting door trick.
I just moved yesterday from a 1bd to a studio, would rather not move again unless it’s as bad tonight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter