In WDW for Christmas

phanomouse

DIS Veteran
So I have decided to take my wife back to WDW for the 7th time this year. I booked our stay the 18th - 27th of December. I have never been there during the winter months so I am curious how the weather is, what should we plan on packing (shorts or pants). We live in Utah and are used to having atleast a foot of snow throughout the winter, which means we always dress warm. I just don't want to get there with all my winter cloths and sweat to death. Any tips would be great!!!

and packed jean and t-shirts. Sometimes we were hot and other times we were cold. We wore jeans and long sleeve shirts on 11/29/2001 to MVMCP and still froze, but then we went swimming on December 2nd until 10:00 PM at night and were perfectly fine! :confused:

It is hard to pack at this time of year. I would say pack a little of everything. We tried to buy shorts while we were there but every store in the park was sold out. :( Layers is the key! ;)

I would say pack a little of everything
I absolutely agree. I have lived in FL all my life and that time of year can be very unpredictable. I remember all too well sitting in Epcot 2 years ago in 30* weather waiting for Illuminations. Not fun. But then again, I have been there same time, and it's in the high 60's and beautiful. Sweatshirts are great because they are really easy to layer with. Good luck, and check the weather channel, they should know, somewhat, if we're in for a big cold snap or a tropical heatwave.

I agree too. Pack clothes for warm and cold weather and wear layers. We are from South Florida and vacation in DW a few times during the winter months. It's a little frustrating because it seems like you can never be dressed just right for an entire day. If you head out early in the morning, it's chilly. A few hours later, it's HOT! As soon as the sun starts going down, it's chilly again. Sometimes. it's a little uncomfortable wearing shorts in the morning, brrrr, but I prefer that to having jeans on and sweating during the afternoon hours.
Aaaah, Florida weather, it's always interesting!
corkysm60.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter