In what block of time are points available for rent? 7 nights from any date? Or only from Sunday to Saturday every week?

tarheelalum

DIS Veteran
I've been reading here and I have not yet come across anything that covered this specific point and I was wondering if one of you could help me out with it. When you points from a certain date, say check in Wednesday, December 2nd 2020, until check out on Wednesday December 9th 2020, would I be able to rent all of those 7 nights, 11 months out from the 2nd of December? Or since those 7 nights start on a Wednesday and go until the following Wednesday the next week, would that require two different rental agreements? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Yes. You could rent them with one rental agreement. There are no requirements in terms of which days a reservation must start.

Because DVC is a points-based timeshare, reservations can begin any day of the week. Owners can book up to a maximum of 7 nights when the window opens but don’t have to - shorter stays, even just one night, are fine. If someone wants to stay more than 7 nights then additional nights can be added.

Just don't bother with a Sat to Sat, or Sun to Sun or Fri to Fri pre-made reservation at SSR in a one bedroom villa, especially with the note that you will pay a fee at the front desk when you check in. Those types of reservations are usually RCI rentals and that isn't permitted, They can be gifted but not sold.

Just don't bother with a Sat to Sat, or Sun to Sun or Fri to Fri pre-made reservation at SSR in a one bedroom villa, especially with the note that you will pay a fee at the front desk when you check in. Those types of reservations are usually RCI rentals and that isn't permitted, They can be gifted but not sold.
And I wanted to add, for OP's benefit, that RCI reservations can be cancelled without notice to you because they are a violation of RCI rules, and you can arrive to check in and find you have no reservation.

Can someone explain what an RCI rental is? Thanks in advance. Edit: And also what the “fee at the front desk” means?

Can someone explain what an RCI rental is? Thanks in advance. Edit: And also what the “fee at the front desk” means?

RCI is Resort Condominiums International, it is a company that makes exchanges between different timeshares, for instance, say I wanted to use my points to stay somewhere on the Texas coast....my points would be transferred to RCI and I would book a reservation with Marriott or Hilton through RCI. The additional fee is a "resort fee" DVC/DIsney charges to all incoming RCI reservations. It is against RCI policy to rent out an RCI trade reservation, and if finds you have rented one, the reservation may be cancelled.

Basically, it means someone, other than a DVC owners has traded their timeshare to stay at a DVC resort. RCI reservations most commonly run Fir to Fri, Sat to ASat or Sun to Sun, which is why we prohibit offering a pre-existing 7 night reservation starting on Friday, Saturday or Sunday on our DVC Rent/Trade board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter