In your immediate family, who is home who is not?

All of us are home.

I have been working from home for years.
DH has been switched to work-from-home for the foreseeable future.
DS is home because his college switched to online classes and closed the dorms.
DD is in high school. She's in online classes at least through 4/6 but I really expect her to be out for the rest of the year.

My parents (don't live with me) are at their winter place in Florida... we have been begging them to come home for weeks, so we can help them. They are considering coming later this week -- and I can't decide what I think of it. Is it too dangerous for them to travel? (They are both high risk.)

I'm going to work in a church office.

Daughter high school senior is off school until at least April 17th. She might have some online coursework, I don't really know as she handles her own work. I do know she's working on a college equivalent capstone course research project.

Dh is working from home.

Son#1 and his wife are working from home and on lockdown in New Orleans within blocks of major hospitals.

Son #2 is doing college in his apartment and works his curbside takeout job.

Son #3 is on day 7 of quarantine after International Travel and doing college work in his apartment.

All home
Retired, Retired.
Law School closed for semester, online only. Happened to be visiting so instead of returning back to apt out of state, staying home for a while.
I’m thankful that we’re all together, sheltering and healthy.

I am home as are my three kids (16,14, 10). My DH is working from home (it helps that he owns the company) and has been for almost two weeks.

DH is working approximately 4 days per week. I am currently working full time (normally work part-time), my industry is considered essential. DD was able to get a laptop from the office for her internship, so she is still working and her college has gone online. They are closing the dorms, but she has been allowed to leave everything until her lease starts on 4/1.

DH and I are home, after returning from travel abroad on Saturday. We have not been out since and will not be until we clear the self-isolation period on April 4. DS is almost always home since his university classes (including a big exam today) are now being delivered on-line and he was laid-off from his part-time retail job on Friday.

You went abroad during this? Wasn’t your cruise cancelled?

I am home with DD18 (HS senior) and DD16 (HS sophomore). My DH is an essential employee at a hospital and is working a lot more than usual right now.

You went abroad during this? Wasn’t your cruise cancelled?
We were in Puerto Vallarta (in place of our planned trip to London and cruise around the British Isles) when all of this got really intense. We came home as quickly as could be arranged after the border closures were announced. I give full marks to Air Transat for the way they responded to the government's call to immediately repatriate Canadians last week. Their service was excellent, as was the attention of the Consulate - we had registered as being abroad and received many e-mails with status updates and advice.

Both DH and I can work at home. He's semi-retired and in the midst of a project and wasn't scheduled to meet with the client until next week anyway. My company is considered an essential business but most of my work can be done remotely. I may have to help out in some capacity at one of the stores if necessary.

4 kids home from school. DH and I are both working from home. Grandparents live with us and we are trying to keep them at a distance. Sadly they don’t take it seriously. We’re almost to the point of hiding their car keys.

My job is on hold so I'm the only one off work. Hubby and daughter are both still working essential jobs. :guilty: We did all our shopping a week or two ago so I'm hoping to not have to leave the house for awhile, except to go to my parents who live basically next door and need assistance. If we need anything, I'll have hubby or daughter stop and get it since they're already out.

I really wish we could all just stay home together for awhile.

DD is home from college and working online.
DH is still going in, but they've cut down to only essential staff through the end of this week. He will most likely be home after that.
I'm a nurse, so I'm still working, and anticipate an increase in work hours.

DS is out of school until at least 4/15. DH is working from home for the time being, and I'm always home.

DD#1 is working from home (in NE) and GS#2's daycare is closed (but she still has to pay to keep his spot); SOiL#1 is still working in his office, but they have a 10 person rule (so if #11 comes in, then #1 goes home; rotating so people can get some hours in).

DD#2 is at home (CA); her office went to remote work for everyone they could, but she is not essential, so no hours for her. GS#3's daycare is on essential use only (military daycare); it's not closing because those parents are pretty essential, but they are going to smaller classes and asked any stay at home parents to suck it up and keep their kids home to leave space for those kids whose parents have to work. SOiL#2 is alternating between his (idk depot? office? what do the Marines call the computer guy's workspace) and working at home, depending on what needs to be done.

SOiL#2's resigning has been in the air since September (guess his Monitor never turns in the paperwork until the last minute on everyone...and his enlistment is up June 14th, unless they extend him again); it's really grating on them because they had all these plans and now nothing is happening. He is willing to move branches (it would be a drop in rank by 1, and a $45 monthly paycut) but that is stalled until the Marines decide if they want to keep him on or not (where he would rather stay). He's at the point in his career where they want them to either be drill instructors, guards (like at Gitmo or where ever) or recruiters, and he's willing, but getting them to move on that is almost impossible. Even his current command is irritated with the Monitor; plus the group he was going to deploy with in April on humanitarian missions (which is now on hold, cause of COVID19)...even those commanding officers were pushing on the Monitor, which made her push back...and now SOIL#2 is stuck. /sigh (this is how DD explained it to me, I have no clue)

I'm home teleworking (federal worker).
DH is actively working (private company electrician working in a federal building)
DD lives on her own (teleworking)
DS lives on his own (teleworking)

We live in NYC but are at our second home. It’s me and my 4 ds’(I’m widowed). Lots of room here for dc to play basketball, bike etc outside vs being in our apartment. I’ve only gone out to go to grocery store or landfill. My parents and sister/niece (home from college) are nearby so we have seen them a bit. My father is 73 but still going to work a few days a week(insurance), which surprised me but apparently he’s essential.

Everybody's at home., mostly. Wife is a teacher and schools are closed. Son is a sophomore at college and they went online only the rest of the semester. Daughter (who lives at home but was actively looking at houses before this stuff happened) is a music therapist for hospice and is currently not allowed in all but one of her patient's facilities. She is part of the "support staff" and currently is helping by being a gopher for the nurses who are still going to facilities. I am a software developer and my entire company was told to work from home until at least April 7th.

It's just me and DH....retired. DH is my designated shopper. Goes once a week. My brother was coming over every day at 9 for coffee (has been for 4 years!) but we put a stop to that today with the state on lock down. :(

Everyone now. Two college kids, two high school kids, teacher hubby. I’m the nurse who is now home but on call. So far no one has attempted to kill anyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter