In your opinion, Do you think annual passes are coming back this month? Any intel out there?

Fladis32

Mouseketeer
We have a trip coming up and if I can’t get an annual pass then we are canceling.

Don't know. I'm in the same situation as you, as I have several possible trips planned and will likely cancel one or all if AP's are not available.

I am in same boat. Was planning on 3 trips this year, but only if we can get annual passes. First trip is in March, so I'm playing the waiting game. If no AP by then, will switch to Universal.

I am in same boat. Was planning on 3 trips this year, but only if we can get annual passes. First trip is in March, so I'm playing the waiting game. If no AP by then, will switch to Universal.
Yup, me too. Spring break trip in March, then another trip in June when school ends (I had planned to convert our Christmas 2021 tickets to AP to cover these trips, but that obviously wasn't possible).

I rented DVC points, so I will have free parking at the resort if I want to rent a car and go to Universal or wherever. It's just not worth it to pay regular Disney ticket prices without the AP for multiple trips.

Same. We have four trips planned. While we have our unused tickets from an Oct 2021 trip we had to cancel, We'll cancel at least two trips if annual passes aren't back around the first of Feb.

Yup, me too. Spring break trip in March, then another trip in June when school ends (I had planned to convert our Christmas 2021 tickets to AP to cover these trips, but that obviously wasn't possible).

I rented DVC points, so I will have free parking at the resort if I want to rent a car and go to Universal or wherever. It's just not worth it to pay regular Disney ticket prices without the AP for multiple trips.

We are on same travel schedule! I have March and June also, with my 3rd trip in August. I'm a DVC owner, so am toying with the idea of either staying onsite and driving to Universal or renting out the reservations, and using the $$ to stay at a Universal hotel. If I do Universal, I might get their annual pass. I've never been to Universal, but my kids are getting into that age range. Of course, would prefer WDW if they can get their act together! LOL!!

Another waiting for APs to come back. We still have active ones, but cannot renew until 2 months before they expire which is 1 month before our trip. Was hoping to get park passes long before that. May have to purchase regular tickets and convert when we can renew.
I don't expect to see APs come back for a few months. As long as attendance continue at its current level, they don't need to release APs.

Another waiting for APs to come back. We still have active ones, but cannot renew until 2 months before they expire which is 1 month before our trip. Was hoping to get park passes long before that. May have to purchase regular tickets and convert when we can renew.
I don't expect to see APs come back for a few months. As long as attendance continue at its current level, they don't need to release APs.

Yeah, the parks are packed. Typically it slows down by this point after the holidays, but they are as busy as during the holidays. I don't see why they'd need to start selling APs again right now.

Yeah, the parks are packed. Typically it slows down by this point after the holidays, but they are as busy as during the holidays. I don't see why they'd need to start selling APs again right now.

This is marathon weekend.

Considering how they are dragging their feet on the dining plan, I have a feeling they will drag out the AP’s too.

I'm so disappointed that they aren't back, and I've pretty much given up hope for this year. My trips are in January and February, with the first one starting next week. I'm really bummed. I'll be spending less time at WDW because of it, so it's actually like Disney is shooting itself in the foot, losing the money I'd spend while I'm there.

it's actually like Disney is shooting itself in the foot, losing the money I'd spend while I'm there.
I have a 14-day trip this March--we are taking advantage of the last year of DVC exchanging through RCI. I am hoping APs are back before then, but if the parks are full without me (or, as full as WDW is hoping they will be) then I will not be missed. That's harsh, but it's also true.

I have a 14-day trip this March--we are taking advantage of the last year of DVC exchanging through RCI. I am hoping APs are back before then, but if the parks are full without me (or, as full as WDW is hoping they will be) then I will not be missed. That's harsh, but it's also true.

I definitely see your point, but at the same time, not one of the days of either of my upcoming trips shows any of the parks being full, even over the MLK holiday weekend.

It’s amazing to me that Disney does not use these boards to get a pulse in what’s going on with people. So many trip cancellations I’m reading about. I just want those annual passes back! I could kick myself for not buying them and sitting on them.

Yeah, I’ve got a trip coming up that I’m going to cancel if they don’t bring these back. Buying tickets for each trip is outrageously expensive. Given that their hotels do not seem to be running at anything near full occupancy right now, this appears to be another really short-sighted decision by Chapek to try to squeeze his customers for every possible penny at the expense of losing customers.

Any thoughts on whether the recently announced Florida-resident Weekday Magic tickets are an effort to steer locals into a different direction? i.e., don't offer APs (or charge a lot more for them) and then offer discounted tickets for weekdays. I'm guessing there will still be plenty of negative comments about this offering since most people work during the week, so they won't consider the discounted tickets to be useful to them. Plus, it appears that these tickets would average out to getting somewhere around a few week's worth of admissions for about the same cost as an AP.

Last edited:
It’s amazing to me that Disney does not use these boards to get a pulse in what’s going on with people. So many trip cancellations I’m reading about. I just want those annual passes back! I could kick myself for not buying them and sitting on them.

They may read these boards, but truth is these boards represent, for the most part, careful planners that are already going anyway, or Disney fanatics. We may feel like they should take us into consideration, but the amount of extra money they can make by not offering the old AP program is much, much greater than the amount they’ll lose by some frustrated regulars deciding to forego a discounted trip.

Any thoughts on whether the recently announced Florida-resident Weekday Magic tickets are an effort to steer locals into a different direction? i.e., don't offer APs (or charge a lot more for them) and then offer discounted tickets for weekdays. I'm guessing there will still be plenty of negative comments about this offering since most people work during the week, so they won't consider the discounted tickets to be useful to them. Plus, it appears that these tickets would average out to getting somewhere around a few week's worth of admissions for the cost as an AP.
I would almost bet on it.

Also desperately waiting. Two trips this year and really hoping APs are back and I can at least upgrade, or we are going to be spending a lot more time at universal, whereas we were hoping just to stick to Disney this year.

I'm with you guys. I tried to get my AP early last year and didn't so my 5 trips changed to 1 trip. Right now I've got a May trip planned with more if I can get an AP. Otherwise Disney will only get one trip from me in 2022.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter