lbrg4201

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! My husband and I are planning a trip to Disneyland and I am terrified of Incredicoaster but want to see if anyone can compare it’s intensity to some other rides. For anyone that’s been to Orlando, I can handle Expedition Everest, Hagrid’s Motorbike and the Mummy at Universal, Splash, Big thunder. But I am most scared of the loop. I’ve never done a coaster with an inversion but I have ridden Mission Space orange once and the G forces made me feel like my head was going to implode and the forces gave me a bloody nose. I’m mainly worried the G forces from the loop are going to give me this feeling again. I’m not worried about being nauseous, just worried about the feeling in my head or passing out. Can anyone compare its intensity to these rides, or can anyone speak to the feeling of the G force compared to Mission Space? TIA! :)

I don't think it's that bad, and comparable to some of the other rollercoasters you mentioned. The loop G force is only for a split second going into loop and coming out of it (think of a tight/quick G force turn on other coasters) it's not sustained like Mission Space. I love Incredicoaster but not Mission Space. Be sure to keep your head back against the headrest, do not look down during loop as that puts more pressure on neck.

I remember being so worried about my first looping coaster but then realized it's mostly the 'thought' of going upside down, not the actual force itself.

This is not medical advice of course. :earsboy:

The loop actually is quite tame, compared to other loops. The ride itself is fast, but very smooth.

I find the Aerosmith ride much worse, probably because it's in the dark.

I haven't done mission space orange.

The loop is fine. Just keep your head back against the headrest when you enter it. As noted above RNR is more intense. The worst parts of the ride in my opinion is the roughness at the bottom of each drop. The ride is in need of track replacement at some point.

It's a combo of RnR and Everest. I love the loop, but I've always loved coasters like that. None of it after the initial take off is too intense.

The loop is fine. Just keep your head back against the headrest when you enter it. As noted above RNR is more intense. The worst parts of the ride in my opinion is the roughness at the bottom of each drop. The ride is in need of track replacement at some point.

It's actually better to lean slightly forward and keep your head away from the headrest, otherwise it gets knocked around. The only time I keep my head back is at the launch, but once we are moving, I lean forward.

It's actually better to lean slightly forward and keep your head away from the headrest, otherwise it gets knocked around. The only time I keep my head back is at the launch, but once we are moving, I lean forward.
I agree during the ride itself, just when going through loop on any coaster I try to avoid looking too far forward as it pushes your neck further down as well.

Might be the only one, but I really miss 'Screamin theme and sound track. :) (former CM)

I think it is much less intense than Mission Space orange. You couldn't pay me to ride that again, but I do Incredicoaster multiple times every visit. The loop is super fast.
Edited to add: I mean the loop part of the ride is over quickly, not that it feels faster than the rest of the ride

Last edited:
I find Everest and RNR to be more intense than Incredicoaster. The loop is over quickly. If you are fine with Everest, I would ride Incredicoaster at least once. Have a great trip.

I don't love coasters and I'm fine on incredicoaster. I actually find the loop pretty gentle compared to the rest of the ride. Like I said, it's not my favorite but I definitely can handle it. I feel like it's maybe on par with the mummy for intensity. I bet you'd be ok on it!

I agree during the ride itself, just when going through loop on any coaster I try to avoid looking too far forward as it pushes your neck further down as well.

Might be the only one, but I really miss 'Screamin theme and sound track. :) (former CM)
You are not the only one.

I'm going to suggest you skip Incredicoaster. It is absolutely more intense than the other coasters you say you've ridden, and if M:S gave you a nosebleed and made your head hurt then I can't in good conscience recommend you "just try" Incredicoaster. For a thrilling roller coaster ride you haven't done before but that I don't think will cause you any problems, try the Matterhorn. It's bumpy and herky-jerky, but doesn't have any particularly intense g-forces.

I've never been to WDW so I can't compare to those. Big Thunder is my absolute favorite ride at Disneyland. I won't ride Incredicoaster unless I've had several alcoholic beverages and get conned into it. It gives me a headache from my head getting jerked around in the headrest no matter what I do and I just don't enjoy it. It's *way* more intense than Big Thunder.

To me the loop is nothing. I feel weightless in it.

RnRC is awful. I dislike its spirals, especially because you can’t see them. Everest is harsher than the former Screamin’. I think if you can handle the other rides you can do Incredi.

The launch is the hard part for me. Head back but not rigid. Don’t look around.

And once you’ve done that, next time you’re at Uni do rip ride rockit. The journey to the launch is the worst of it.

Your mileage may vary, but I thought Incredicoaster was pretty smooth compared to other roller coasters I've been on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter