"Indiana Jones" is closed

Neta

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

I've read on the official Disneyland Paris site thet "Indiana Jones" attraction is going to be closed between 8th-19th of September.

Is there any chance that it will actually be opened again till the 19th - a day before or on that day itself?

Anybody who may know, cuase maybe he/she experienced something similar - I would be glad to hear his/her opinion.

Bye

Neta

I would assume, though I don't know, that the ride will be closed on the 8th and 19th. Like I say, I cannot be sure, but thats what I'd assume.....

Bob xoxoxox

im there on the 8th but am presuming it'll b closed, not even sure if it's a good ride or not as i haven't heard much about it from fellow DISers here.

I am getting there on the 16th-19th on Sep.

All I know about this attraction that it is pretty much lika a roller coaster, unlike the parallel attraction in California which in there it is more like a Jeep ride.

:cutie: Nevermind though, it is going to be so FUN even if this one is closed.

From what I can tell, it isn't rated that highly as a coaster. I haven't been on it, but I've read a few people saying that it isn't that good.....

Bob xoxoxox

nothing to worry about then, at least SM is up for us :)

Indiana Jones is okay, but not a very comfortable rollercoaster as it's getting pretty old now. You do tend to get your ears and neck bashed about a bit as you go around. Our friends (who hadn't been on it) went on it during our trip last week, but I didn't think the burning sensation in my ears was worth it for a mediocre ride!

It could be far worse if other things were shut. Last week the waits for major attractions were between 1-2 hours, Indy was at about 15 min, for good reason. Didn't go on it once.

Yeh the theming is so cool but it annoys me how it really isn't a very good ride IMHO. You queue for up to 3 hours and the ride is under a minute, and pretty tame by even Disney standards. If they increased the track area or something it would be cooler.

tom

It's not a bad ride, just very short. it was built at a time when they needed to add new attractions fast, which is why it will have suffered as a bit of a rush job.

It's a bit uncomfortable but i still think it is fun and always go on it.

As pieces of trivia it was the first Disney coaster to feature a true loope the loop, and for a short period they ran it with the ride vehicles in reverse (they took them off the track and turned them round).

I actually preferred it backwards as you couldn't see the loop coming so that added to the thrill.

Worth going on, not worth queing a really long time for.

I must be in the minority. Quite enjoyed the ride. Yea its short but didnt feel it was that bad

... a short period they ran it with the ride vehicles in reverse (they took them off the track and turned them round).

I actually preferred it backwards as you couldn't see the loop coming so that added to the thrill.

Worth going on, not worth queing a really long time for.

Agreed it was better backwards, quite unique then!

The problem with running it backwards was that it made it even more rough because you couldn't see which way you were about to turn, meaning that you couldn't brace yourself quite as well.

As for not seeing the loops - the track is simple enough that after your first or second trip round, you remember where it is anyway, so your left with a rough ride where you can't really see much theming because you're going backwards.

I love my coasters like the big one, goudurix, Dragon Khan, Furius Baco, Rita, Nemesis etc hence why Indy doesn't do much for me. It's the one ride I usually miss out when at Disney. Space Mountain on the other hand is pretty good, love it now you get fired from the bottom of the cannon rather than half way up. Rock N Rollercoasters great too!

I'll add to that we reckon Indiana Jones is at best an average coaster. It's not just short, it's tiny. The theming helps make it seem a better attraction than it actually is. Sure, you've got to do it once if the queue's less than 20 minutes but it doesn't reward repeat riding and isn't worth a long wait.

Its a very basic coaster. If you've been on the turbo on brighton pier, then you've pretty much done it already. The temple around the coaster is cool, but you can see that whether the ride is open or not.

It's way at the back of adventureland in a far corner. You would only find it if you were aiming for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter