"Indiana Jones" is closed

Personally, I think Indy does manage a couple of things better than any of the other coasters at DLRP, although this still doesn't mean that I'd rush to ride it and certainly not over most of the other coasters in DLRP. It's fun to do, so long as the queue is short and you bear in mind that it's going to be rough...

For one thing, I find it has the most forceful of all the loops in DLRP, probably because you drop down into the loop quite quickly, plus it's actually a circular loop, which increases the force a bit.

The other thing I find is that the first two drops produce the strongest "butterfly" feeling in your stomach that I can think of in DLRP (even TOT doesn't give me that feeling in my stomach for some reason).

As I say, it's still not a great ride IMO, but it does have it's charms if the queue is short enough. I quite like it in the winter when you can usually stay on for multiple rides (if your head is up to it).

The other thing I find is that the first two drops produce the strongest "butterfly" feeling in your stomach that I can think of in DLRP (even TOT doesn't give me that feeling in my stomach for some reason).

Cool, really? I lvoe big steep drops and wish space mountain and RnRC had a couple more....I might give indy a go next time then - didn't go on it at all last trip...

Cool, really? I lvoe big steep drops and wish space mountain and RnRC had a couple more....I might give indy a go next time then - didn't go on it at all last trip...

It's not an out of your seat kind of drop, but it does seem to affect my stomach as you start coming down those two drops. Standard coaster rules apply though - it's stronger in the back cart.

It's not an out of your seat kind of drop, but it does seem to affect my stomach as you start coming down those two drops. Standard coaster rules apply though - it's stronger in the back cart.
I never understand that rule....I always thought I imagined it, as surely if you were going faster etc you'd end up hitting the car infront.

I was horrendous at physics though!

I never understand that rule....I always thought I imagined it, as surely if you were going faster etc you'd end up hitting the car infront.

I was horrendous at physics though!

You're right - the car always travels at the same speed.

The reason it's "faster" at the back, is because the back seat of the ride goes over the bump at a faster speed than the front car went over that same bump a few seconds before. Meanwhile, the front of the train is traveling at the same speed as the back, but down a fairly "straight" piece of track. It's the changes in direction which produce the feelings of butterflys, Not the speed.

Hope that makes sense :goodvibes

Its a very basic coaster. If you've been on the turbo on brighton pier, then you've pretty much done it already. The temple around the coaster is cool, but you can see that whether the ride is open or not.

I saw my life flash before my eyes when i went on the Turbo many years ago...i will never ride that ride....again!:lmao:

I saw my life flash before my eyes when i went on the Turbo many years ago...i will never ride that ride....again!:lmao:

:rotfl:

I was a little like that when I first road Tonerre De Zeus at Parc Asterix, although I thoroughly enjoyed it and went on to ride it twice more that day... It just didn't seem to slow down at all from the first drop to the brakes at the end.

As for in the back seat... :rotfl2:

Haha, I had my neck pierced by the back of my earrings - once was enough for me too!!

Have you been on the 'ghost train'?!?

It's so bad that its almost worth a go as you wouldn;t believe it until you've seen it!!

To be honest if you've got brighton pier nearby you don;t really need DLRP :rotfl:

The only rollercoaster I've been on that I gained no enjoyment from and wouldn't re-ride is X at six flags magic mountain. Too extreme for me, a backwards, head first, laying down vertical drop is not the best way to start a ride!!

I really hope 4D coasters dont catch on!!

Haha, I had my neck pierced by the back of my earrings - once was enough for me too!!

Have you been on the 'ghost train'?!?

It's so bad that its almost worth a go as you wouldn;t believe it until you've seen it!!

To be honest if you've got brighton pier nearby you don;t really need DLRP :rotfl:

I went on the water ride and i swear that i thought i was going to fall out and end up in the sea.....

Gosh when i think back that was such a long time ago when they had Party in The park at Brighton :laughing:

It'll be closed for my first trip to DLP, but if one of the major rides had to be closed, I can't complain that it's this one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter