Individual Lightning Lane/Rider Swap

Jason Vick

Earning My Ears
Can anyone fill me in on how this works. We have an 11 year old and 5 year old who is not tall enough for the bigger rides. If I purchase Individual lightning lane for Space and the 5 year old can't ride it, will they allow rider swap? Or would I need to pay for the 3 riders and the 11 year old goes twice?

Since it's a window, I'd assume you just buy 3... one of you guys with the eleven yr old while the other waits with the 5 year old. When they get back, they wait with the 5 year old while the remaining adult rides. I don't think there'd be a need for rider swap?

I believe all riders will need a purchased LL - like previously some attractions required all to have a FP+. Unless the first riders plan to wait standby, then nobody needs a purchased LL.

Since it's a window, I'd assume you just buy 3... one of you guys with the eleven yr old while the other waits with the 5 year old. When they get back, they wait with the 5 year old while the remaining adult rides. I don't think there'd be a need for rider swap?
As a courtesy, Disney usually doesn't make anyone ride alone. So I think, in this situation, you would buy three but they'd likely let you get four rides out of it. Adult 1 rides with 11 year old, then Adult 2 rides with 11 year old.

This is just speculation on my part... no idea how they're applying it in practice.

As a courtesy, Disney usually doesn't make anyone ride alone. So I think, in this situation, you would buy three but they'd likely let you get four rides out of it. Adult 1 rides with 11 year old, then Adult 2 rides with 11 year old.

This is just speculation on my part... no idea how they're applying it in practice.

this is what I was hoping it would be. If it’s not, I could just buy 2 and single rider the 3rd if I’m going alone anyway. I didn’t think Disney would make you pay for someone who can’t ride the ride but you never know.

this is what I was hoping it would be. If it’s not, I could just buy 2 and single rider the 3rd if I’m going alone anyway. I didn’t think Disney would make you pay for someone who can’t ride the ride but you never know.

There is no single rider line for Space Mountain, only Everest, RnRC, TT and MFSR have a single rider line.

I agree with Captain, In order to use the LL for the first party all riders (but only the riders) need to have purchased ILL, approach the CM and ask for RS, the CM will put a RS on the MB (or equivalent) of the rider staying back with the non rider and one additional guest. After the 1st party rides the 2nd rider can return and use the LL with the additional guest. There is no need for the non rider to purchase ILL.

This works the same with G+ all riders need to be able to access the same queue to get a RS.

Just a word of caution as I know some 5yo's are tall enough for Space Mountain, if your child is tall enough but chooses not to ride the RS process is different and not done on MB (MDE). In this situation its best to ask the CM at each individual attraction how they handle a RS.

I believe both adults and child riding would have to purchase LL like others have said previously. I think child not riding wouldn't need it though.

I am staying at Grand Floridian with my wife...my daughter is staying off grounds with her friend. Can I make a individual lightning lane reservation at 7:00am for the Rise of the Resistance
for all 4? or only for me and my wife staying on grounds....TIA

We just got back and I can confirm that you'll only need to get the ILL for the three riders. When you get to the entrance, find the CM near the LL entrance and explain that you want to rider swap and the youngest won't be riding. They'll ask for the bands/tickets for the parent staying back, as well as the rider going twice (I assume 11yo). Then when you return with the older child, the waiting parent and 11yo will tap in.. While you don't *need* to use rider swap, it does let the 11yo ride twice, and one parent doesn't have to experience the ride solo.

I am staying at Grand Floridian with my wife...my daughter is staying off grounds with her friend. Can I make a individual lightning lane reservation at 7:00am for the Rise of the Resistance
for all 4? or only for me and my wife staying on grounds....TIA
Based on other reports that I've read, you will only be able to purchase I$LL at 7am for the people onsite, it will not pull in your full party to include guests staying off-site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter