Inexpensive (well, CHEAP) hotels at DL

Julia M

DIS Veteran<br><font color =red>not clever, not wi
I am currently booked at the Park Place Inn at $89 per night, for 3 nights. It's about $307 for all 3 nights.

I am trying to see if I can come up with some place cheaper. (I'm feeling guilty because just dd and I are going)

I can get the Econo Lodge Maingate on Harbor for $203 for 3 nights. But then I either have to pay for parking or the shuttle. Does anyone know anything about this hotel? I've heard the parking is difficult.

Any suggestions?

Julia

I've been doing some checking on September and December rates. I'm not sure when you are going, but maybe this will help...

The Holiday Inn Anaheim at the Park is on the corner of Harbor and Ball. I stayed there in 1998 and liked it. It seems to be around $65-75/night consistently. It is a bit of a walk, but you could also shuttle. It doesn't get the best reviews on Trip Advisor, so I wonder if it has gone downhill since I was there, but it is cheap.

The Radisson Inn Maingate looks nice but is a bit of a walk as well. It is having a 3rd night free offer through Travelocity, so averages to about $65/night.

Just do a search on Travelocity for hotels near Disneyland. Then you can sort by price and there are a lot of cheap places to stay. Good luck!

As far as I know, if you get tickets through AAA, they include free parking. But that wouldn't help as far as parking back at your hotel.

From what I've heard the shuttle for DL is $2-3 a day per person and is very convenient. I haven't used it, but I've heard good things.

With the exception of my upcoming trip my family usually books through Hotwire. We request at least a 3 star hotel and choose Disneyland South. However, the past 3 times using Hotwire we requested a 3 1/2 star and got the Doubletree, Hyatt, and Crown Plaza. We have always been happy with the hotels booked through Hotwire. The highest price we paid was $60 per night.

Please note: Most hotels use the Anaheim Resort Transit for transportation to the parks which cost us $3 per day per person RT last year. They might offer a better rate for your entire stay vs. paying per day.

For our upcoming trip we booked a package, so we can get the 4th night free at the DLH, and some nice extras from Costco. I don't really know if we are saving that much money though??

The cheapest places that I'm aware of that are in walking distance are www.anaheimdesertinn.com and www.delsolinn.com. I've stayed at Anaheim Desert Inn once and it was fine. Nothing fancy, just your very basic hotel. But you can get into the park in less than 5 minutes. :thumbsup2 One thing to keep in mind with them is that they often change their prices. What I did was book for the days that I wanted then checked on every 3 or 4 days and see if they changed their rates. They usually lower their rates as it gets closer if they aren't booked up. So I booked for $89/night. Kept watching and by about 2 weeks before our trip it was down to $59/night. I just made another reservation, then called and cancelled my first one. You have up to 48 before your check-in day to cancel without being charged. :)

October rates at Anaheims best inns is cheaper then that :thumbsup2

Although you may need to take a shuttle, the shuttle leaves at your hotel and takes you right to disney. For $12 a week or $3 a day you get unlimited shuttle passes. REALLY CHEAP!!!!

Sadie Girl said:
In November we're staying at Anaheim Plaza Hotel for $59/night. (I think it was an internet special.) http://www.anaheimplazahotel.com/index.html It's located on Harbor and Disney Way. Nothing special but we wont be spending all that much time there! Plus an easy walk to the parks.
DH and I have stayed at Anaheim Plaza Hotel. It was fine. We could even see the DL fireworks from our balcony. It was an easy walk to the front gate of DL, maybe 15 min.

Whatever you do, DO NOT go to Parkside Inn and Suites, it is over on West St. just off Katella. We went there as a last min trip cause it was cheap, never again! We were in the room maybe a total of 5 min and left!

I like the Days Inn and Suites at 1111 S. Harbor for a "cheap" place to stay. It is just a basic motel but it has a pretty decent "free" breakfast and they also have a "free" private shuttle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter