Inflatable costume

I have to admit, if I encountered someone wearing one of these in one of the hallways near staterooms, I would probably be a bit annoyed. Those hallways are pretty narrow to begin with, and trying to navigate around someone wearing something big like that wouldn't be my favorite. Good point as well about taking up space in the elevator.

Maybe that makes me a bit of a fuddy dud. Not trying to run anyone's fun, I'm just not sure it's the smartest idea in certain areas of the ship.
I don't think that makes you a fuddy dud at all. We went on a Star Wars cruise several years ago. Someone had on an inflatable BB8 costume. They were bumping into people and trying to get around him in the hallways was annoying. I love dressing up and can see why OP's son would want to bring it. But it's not very practical on a cruise ship.

I saw one of these dinosaurs walking around Deck 12 on our Halloween on the High Seas cruise on the Dream last year - it was a brilliant sight to see and made me laugh so much 😊

There is a Woody on the horse that I have seen(also blow up) that shouldn’t be a problem ever. But I agree with several others that they could be obstructing in several areas.

1) Some have designs that are larger but they should be able to unzip and deflate when in the elevator and/or going down the halls. Even though Woody is a shorter costume he should be deflated in an elevator.(not that the child should change to Woody it’s just my example)

2) Oversized tall should not be in front obstructing other children, as long as they know that in advance. Show a picture to kids where they can stand under the deck instead of near the stage. Parents should expect to stand behind the costumes and have their own view obstructed. Explain it’s very likely their view will be obstructed in the rear but it’s only fair since the costume is so tall.

A young girl that wants to wear a big puffy dress on formal night is going to fill the elevator and the hallway. I’m certainly not going to begrudge her that moment to sparkle. It would be nice if she could take the stairs though. But maybe she could bring a pair of flats for transportation from venue to venue.

So I say let the kid wear it, knowing in advance that respect for others is part of the costume’s requirements.

Just my opinion, I understand others feel differently.

Thank you all for your perspective. I have finally talked him into being something else. He was adamant that he needed to be a dinosaur on a cruise ship lol
I'm curious, how did he get this idea? Are there children's books that feature dinosaurs taking luxury cruises? I'm genuinely wondering....

I'm curious, how did he get this idea? Are there children's books that feature dinosaurs taking luxury cruises? I'm genuinely wondering....
It’s hard not to see people having fun in this costume in every setting almost daily on the internet. Zoo’s, airports, sporting events…
It’s all about the tiny arms and how awkward it is to walk. Just Google dinosaur costume videos you won’t live long enough to watch them all!
Also, it’s on ABC’s funniest videos all the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter