Info about ultimate dining

WIBadgergirl

Earning My Ears
We are going on our first cruise in November on the Allure .

I think we are going to purchase he ultimate dining package. It looks like it's $168 pp and I can use it for lunch (sea days) and dinner. We have 2 kids sailing with us a 3 year old and a 7 year old. It looks like the 3 year old is free and the 7 yr old is $10 for dinner. I can't find anything about how much lunch is for her- also $10?

If we eat dinner fairly early (6ish) will people be giving us dirty looks for having kids at these places?

Can we still make the shows (I can't find anything on RCI webpage that says what time the shows are- too early?)

Are there kid friendly menus at these places?

I have seen mention that sometimes these packages go on sale- should I wait and see if that happens with this package as well?

What should I do about our MDR reservations if we don't ever plan on eating dinner there?

We are foodies and people who know me and have cruised told me to avoid the MDR food at all costs. I am just trying to figure out the details of the package.

Any advice, reviews, etc would be appreciated. Thanks!

The Royal Caribbean Unofficial Blog just had someone blog about the Oasis, and they had the ultimate dining package, so you might find that helpful.

With your MDR reservations, I'd probably tell one of the head waiters that you have the ult package and aren't planning to dine there at night.

We are going on our first cruise in November on the Allure .

I think we are going to purchase he ultimate dining package. It looks like it's $168 pp and I can use it for lunch (sea days) and dinner. We have 2 kids sailing with us a 3 year old and a 7 year old. It looks like the 3 year old is free and the 7 yr old is $10 for dinner. I can't find anything about how much lunch is for her- also $10?

If we eat dinner fairly early (6ish) will people be giving us dirty looks for having kids at these places?

Can we still make the shows (I can't find anything on RCI webpage that says what time the shows are- too early?)

Are there kid friendly menus at these places?

I have seen mention that sometimes these packages go on sale- should I wait and see if that happens with this package as well?

What should I do about our MDR reservations if we don't ever plan on eating dinner there?

We are foodies and people who know me and have cruised told me to avoid the MDR food at all costs. I am just trying to figure out the details of the package.

Any advice, reviews, etc would be appreciated. Thanks!

We didn't do the ultimate package on Anthem, but did do some specialty.
I just wanted to say watch for sales on the dining packages in your cruise planner. The ultimate pkg was 60% off for our sailing about 30-40 days before the cruise.
We were also told not to pay for the kids in advance, you pay full price then, but on the ship kids are $10 in the specialty restaurants. On Anthem we had no problem adding DS on the ship. The specialty restaurants had kids menus.
We didn't show up for some of our MDRs, or showed up at a different time and didn't do anything about it...
We had My Time Dining...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter