• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Info for Travelers from NY, NJ, CT, and LA under Florida Phase 2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

picatinny

Definate Disney Addict
Just a bit of information I found while deciding whether to keep my Oct/Nov reservations at Shades of Green. Those from Connecticut, New Jersey, New York, and Louisiana may want to keep reading!!!!!

The Florida Governor just released Executive Order 20-139 Phase 2: Safe. Smart. Step-by-Step. Plan for Florida's Recovery.

Section 3 states: "Additional Requirements for Certain Individuals Traveling to Florida: Executive Orders 20-80 and 20-82 are extended with exceptions for persons involved in commercial activity and students traveling for the purpose of academic work, internships, sports training and any other activity or program approved by the educational institution.

This plan, IF you are from New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, or Louisiana, may change your Disney plans drastically!!! It extends Executive Orders 20-82 which states the following:

Section 1.
A. I hereby direct all persons who enter the State of Florida from an area with substantial community spread, to include the New York Tri-State Area (Connecticut, New Jersey and New York), to isolate or quarantine for a period of 14 days from the time of entry into the State of Florida or the duration of the person's presence in the State of Florida, whichever is shorter. This Order shall not apply to persons employed by the airlines and those performing military, emergency or health response. This Order shall take effect immediately and apply retroactively to all persons who have entered Florida after being in any area with substantial community spread within the previous 14 days. All persons isolating or quarantining under this Section shall be responsible for all costs associated with their isolation or quarantine, including transportation, lodging, food, medical care and any other expenses to sustain the person during the period of isolation or quarantine.

Louisiana is mentioned in order 20-86......

Hmmm. The language in this order as well as 20-80 and 20-82 are unclear to me. Is Gov DeSantis saying that only residents of the tri-state area must quarantine or does this apply to all residents of New York state? There are a number of other cities in NY that have substantially lower infection rates than NYC. It's a big state.

Many feel that by the end of this month, when the state goes into Phase 3 it will end.

Right now, the state of emergency ends July 7th so unless he extends that, I really think the next order in a few weeks will remove it.

At least that is my hope!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter