Info on Am. Exp. White Glove

I just booked a 3 day cruise in August (cat 5). The deposit was put on my AmEx card. Would I be eligible for the Caribbean Cruise Package, or is it only for 7 day?

thanks,
Jeannie

I could be wrong but I believe it is for 7 day or 7 day land/sea. Check the American Express site to be sure.:)

Since I just booked yesterday - I checked out all the options. I had two things going against me my "secret" cat 10 and 4 day only!

oh well - I saving soooo much money doing it that way :)

I was wondering the same thing about combining the $250.00 American Express credit and the $200.00 Castaway Credit. So I called Disney - Castaway club #, talked to Emma (Very Nice)(had just talked directly with American Express and they were VERY rude) she said that you CAN combine both to have the $450.00 Credit!!!!
Now if anyone has anyother info, please let me know.
Thanks

Minnee
Hi Did you book through DCL. I booked through Dreams Unlimited and Donna told me that it could not be combined as per DCL.I hope she is wrong. I pay with American Express anyway but I would really likethe credit. The two offers really have nothing to do with each other.

DU emailed me back and said the package can not be used if you got the springsaver rate, which I did so no package for me.

I did book thru DU, just yesterday. I didn't ask them yet, because it was so late yesterday when I did my reservations. But.....Yesterday before I booked with DU, I called Disney, the Castaway Club #, just to get prices, and asked them about some info about the American Express pkg. She gave me some info, but said to check with AE directly, because our cruise is 5/03, and they had no info about 2003. So... I called AE, bad experience... 2 different girls both told be that the only way I could get Any Kind of AE pkg. was if I booked ONLY with AE. Now I kinda thought this wasn't right, and they both were SOooO Rude, that I hung up and called Disney. This girl (Emma) gave me Lots of info. I asked her twice "Can I have the $250.00 AE room credit, if I already have the CC $200.00 room credit. " And she said, "Yes, it says it right here that this offer Can be in Combination with the CC offer. Now I don't know anything about a springsaver rate. Are they even out yet for 2003? I really hope Emma's info is correct. $450.00 in room credits would be soooo nice!!!
Please let me know if you find out any different.
Thanks for your info !

Minnie
I emailed Donna to try it again.Hopefully it will work.It is definately worth a try.Thanks for the info.We are traveling in August so spring saver does not apply to me and they are not doing fall fantasy so that wouldn't apply either.
Originally Misti told me it had to be booked through American Express in order to get the package but that is not true.My first cruise I got this package it cost me $200 but I got 250 shipboard credit free raft and tube rental,free hour of bike rental and priority seating at Palo booked before we boarded.IT was defiately worth it.
I'll let you know what Donna says .Let me know if you find out anything from your agent.

Okay. Now that I am SO happy I have my $250 credit I need additional info. What is this Castaway club credit everyone is talking about? We sailed in 98 so if it is the rebooking in 18 months we surely do not get it. Is that what the CC credit is? Have you noticed also that we have all paid a different rate for this AMEX package. I've seen 54-89 dollars so far.

I too have booked with AMEX and would have never known about this great tip were it not for the nice people on the boards.
I e-mailed Donna at DU and she is working up the price for me (calling AMEX). Let you all know tomorrow.
Thanks again, I am so glad we are all looking out for each other.
Good cruising to you all,
Krista

I just received an email from Donna w/DU, she said that the AMEX package is not combinable with the Castaway Club credit.

:(

Donna at DU let us know that the AMEX Caribbean Cruise Package was available to us on the Oct.19 sailing for just $58.
Now there is a great bargain!
For all of you thinking that this trip had no "bargains" voila!
I won't ever pass up $250 free dollars for just $58.
Just reporting in.
krista

To receive the shipboard credit, we were told any Platinum AMEX card would do. You don't need the Costco AMEX card. A big however: the Costco AMEX card is FREE !!!

As with any promotion, there are restrictions; so check with your TA first.

Happy saving!

I thought mine would work but I don't think it will -

when I called amex they said since it was a platinum optima amex that it wouldn't.

if anyone knows otherwise - - please tell!

I used our platinum card and was able to get it-I would call Disney directly to find out what you can from them then go to your TA-

After seeing this Amex thread, I called Amex and applied for the regular optima card (no annual fee). The rep told me it would work for the cruise. Instead I got the Hilton's Honor Amex card (also no annual fee) which works just like the optima but earns points for Hilton stays. Donna was able to get me the package today for $59! It includes $250 onboard credit, photo, beach chair cover and advance Palo ressies. Yay!!!! Keep trying, it may work!

I booked with my Platinum Delta Skymiles Amex card. There is another package available for Platinum Amex card holders that offers a $300 shipboard credit along with the other perks (10% non motorized excursions at Castaway Cay, 10% of Treasure Ketch purchases over $75, etc). The Amex White Glove packages are combinable according to Disney (depending on sailing date).
I hope this can help someone!

Renee
:)

I didn't meet the criteria for the AmEx Carribean cruise package, but I new my sister-in-law did so I e'mailed DU to see if she could get the package added. DU e'mailed me back within an hour and said yes she did qualify ($58) and would have it added to her package. Thank you for the great info and thanks DU for the great service!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter