Info On Upgrading Unused Park Tickets to Annual Passes

iteachlit

DIS Veteran
I just got off the phone with the AP VIP line.

We are arriving May 8 for 7 nights. In order to make the park pass reservations, I purchased 7-Day Park Hoppers for each member of our party. With today's news, I am hoping to upgrade two of those Hoppers to Sorcerer APs.

The Cast Member I spoke with was able to see my account and verify that I had valid, unused tickets. She said that I should receive the full value of the Park Hopper as a credit towards the AP. The CM said that I should be able to make the purchase on the My Disney Experience site.

However, she also warned me that it's possible that the online system may not work properly on April 13. If I am unable to complete the upgrade online, I will need to call DVC Member Services to make the purchase. The CM also stated that the phone option would be incredibly slow.

Here's hoping others with existing, unused tickets can use this information.

I'm seriously hoping this is the case! I have an unused 10 day park hopper for May and would love to have that credited towards an annual pass. My fear was that they'd start to sell them and quickly reverse that decision (LOL-corporate trust issues) - but I'll hope this can be done online. If not I'm thinking my best course of action is to go to someplace onsite when I get there? Any thoughts?

I hope that CM is right. The "should be able" gives me pause. I called the general number yesterday and also did chat and got two different opposing answers. Someone else on DIS said that the CM they spoke to said they haven't been given information about whether upgrading will be allowed next week. I will already be on site which will be much easier (I hope) but I'd like to know this for sure in advance so I can plan my day around it (or not waste my time if it's a no-go). I was planning for the 13th to be a pool day/Epcot late so I'd rather not run around in the morning to GS if I don't have to!

The "should be able" gives me pause.
Agreed. My read on what she told me -- based on tone and content -- is that she believes that the upgrade is supposed to work online. She hedged her bets a bit, stopping just short of saying, "You know how Disney IT normally works."

We'll find out come April 13.

We check in on the 13th. We have 5 day hoopers we bought 10yrs ago. If they apply anything near today's value we'll upgrade. If not, we'll pass as we have no planned WDW trips planned in the next 12m. But I'll report back what GS says on the 13th.

We check in on the 13th. We have 5 day hoopers we bought 10yrs ago. If they apply anything near today's value we'll upgrade. If not, we'll pass as we have no planned WDW trips planned in the next 12m. But I'll report back what GS says on the 13th.
Last time I used a ticket to uses toward my renewal in May, they did not bridge to current value..it was the gate price at the time I purchased the tickets.

Hope you have better luck!

I brought some old unused tickets with me last year. I was told at GS that they can not bridge or even add days or PH to tickets that are no longer sold. Mine were Magic Your Way 5 day tickets. They said the best thing to do was to use them as is. The only thing they can offer is to give the value of what they were paid for when the ticket was issued towards a new ticket. I decided to keep them and hopefully one of our kids will use them on a future trip. We never used to PH much but that quickly changed and now we all love it. But hey for the kids I think they can survive without it to use one of our tickets for free!

I brought some old unused tickets with me last year. I was told at GS that they can not bridge or even add days or PH to tickets that are no longer sold. Mine were Magic Your Way 5 day tickets. They said the best thing to do was to use them as is. The only thing they can offer is to give the value of what they were paid for when the ticket was issued towards a new ticket. I decided to keep them and hopefully one of our kids will use them on a future trip. We never used to PH much but that quickly changed and now we all love it. But hey for the kids I think they can survive without it to use one of our tickets for free!

Mine was a ticket no longer sold so I bet that was the reason behind what happened in my case too!

Mine was a ticket no longer sold so I bet that was the reason behind what happened in my case too!
I would think so too. I even went back later in the week just to double check. Sometimes one CM knows a bit more than others. But she said the same thing. They were nice about it, just simply nothing they can do about it. I understand, but it doesn’t hurt asking, you never know if a policy changes. My understanding is that there computer system is different and doesn’t allow it. They had to go back in an older system to look up information and converting some other paper tickets I had too. I was able to get them put on RFID cards so they can be used later.

Bridging aside how are you supposed to upgrade a ticket on-line? I have all sorts of tickets for various reasons, all linked on the MDE account. I dont think I've ever seen the on-line process for how to take one of them and upgrade

Bridging aside how are you supposed to upgrade a ticket on-line? I have all sorts of tickets for various reasons, all linked on the MDE account. I dont think I've ever seen the on-line process for how to take one of them and upgrade
There is something you click on that says change ticket. It is right above the name listed on the ticket. I only have it on one of the tickets in my MDE. It is the only date based ticket that I have in MDE. I ordered it for my friend who is going with and linked to my account since she hasn’t been and doesn’t know how the system works. All of the other tickets I have linked in my account are older ones and don’t show the change ticket option.

thank you. I have an assortment of 1 day tickets back when you needed to buy a day to get the dining promotions (l0+ years ago) and some 10 day non expiring tickets from when they sold them. None of them have a change ticket option similar to your older tickets so assuming on-line not an option for me.

We'd always get these 1 day tickets then hold them, bridge them, and use them to offset cost on the next AP. those days are long gone

thank you. I have an assortment of 1 day tickets back when you needed to buy a day to get the dining promotions (l0+ years ago) and some 10 day non expiring tickets from when they sold them. None of them have a change ticket option similar to your older tickets so assuming on-line not an option for me.

We'd always get these 1 day tickets then hold them, bridge them, and use them to offset cost on the next AP. those days are long gone
You’re welcome. I didn’t even know how to do it until a few weeks ago. I changed our DVC reservation date so I needed to change my friends ticket. It was easy for hers. I have a couple of those 10 day non expiring tickets too, but I don’t have them linked. I didn’t want to link all of the tickets I have until I use some of the ones I already have linked on there up. My hubby and I have APs. I used to use some of our older tickets and bridge them too. Glad I did that with a few but I picked the wrong ones. I wish I had kept the park hoppers and used others. Our kids seem to enjoy the park hoppers more now too. Eventually I am sure we wall use them up. When are you going? Hope it works out for you and you are able to bridge them to meet your needs.

If they apply anything near today's value we'll upgrade.
Tickets no longer bridge to current value. Ever since WDW shifted to date-based tickets, tickets only carry the value of the price Disney sold that ticket on the date you bought it (or if bought prior to 2017, credit will be the 2016 prices).

some 10 day non expiring tickets from when they sold them.
If partially used they cannot be upgraded. If fully unused you may be able to upgrade them, but be aware as noted above you won't get "current" value. They are likely much more valuable to use as-is, especially if they hold the non-expiring option to use over multiple visits.

We're only a few days away from the DVC sale date and still no official word from Disney on whether we'll be able to upgrade tickets. :/ Has anyone heard anything more? Anyone on site and asked GS?

We're only a few days away from the DVC sale date and still no official word from Disney on whether we'll be able to upgrade tickets. :/ Has anyone heard anything more? Anyone on site and asked GS?
Reports have come in that CMs from GR said they believe it will be available, but nothing official yet from WDW or DVC

I bought tickets from UT a couple of months ago and had been unable to see the change ticket option on the website for my tickets. I assumed I'd have to call on Thursday to upgrade our tickets to AP. However, I just logged on to re-check and the change ticket option is now available for these tickets. Could it be possible that IT is currently in the process of adding the change ticket option? So if you haven't seen the change ticket option yet, it is worth logging in and checking prior to Thursday in case it suddenly pops up for you.

I bought tickets from UT a couple of months ago and had been unable to see the change ticket option on the website for my tickets. I assumed I'd have to call on Thursday to upgrade our tickets to AP. However, I just logged on to re-check and the change ticket option is now available for these tickets. Could it be possible that IT is currently in the process of adding the change ticket option? So if you haven't seen the change ticket option yet, it is worth logging in and checking prior to Thursday in case it suddenly pops up for you.
I just checked and now see the Change Ticket option on the website. I was expecting to see it in the drop-down menu on the right, but it was listed on the left, under the ticket details.

But now there's a new wrinkle - when I clicked Change Ticket I received the following error message:

"We See-See-See
There Is a Problem!
Due to a system error, we were unable to update your ticket. Please try again later or call (407) 939-6244 for assistance (7:00 AM to 11:00 PM EST). Guests younger than age 18 must have parent or guardian permission to call."

To clarify, my ticket was purchased from Undercover Tourist earlier this year and is an 8-day park hopper, with dates assigned later this year. None of the days have been used.

I also checked the app - the Change Ticket option is now there as well. When I click on it, it says: "Sorry, tickets cannot be changed in the app at this time." There's a button to go to the website, which results in the same error message as above.

I'm hoping this is just a temporary problem as Disney's IT gets ready for the upcoming AP options.

I too am in the same situation. And I also was able to see the change ticket option today. It was not there prior. I did select the option, and it then gave an error. So who knows. But I am hopeful for Thursday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter