• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Innoventions...what's the current state?

Violet Parr

DIS Veteran
It feels like Innoventions has been closed/in flux for more trips than I can remember. What's the current state of things? It's been a while since I've heard much.

Thanks!

VP

Does the Character Spot empty into the Joy/Sadness/Baymax area?
They are in separate locations across from each other (opposite sides of the breezeway). Also, a FP+ for the Character Spot DOESN'T include Joy/Sadness/Baymax.

I thought the renderings of EPCOT's "spine" area after the refurbs showed the innoventions buildings gone. The opening of a new attraction there makes me wonder a bit what is the ultimate goal now.

I thought the renderings of EPCOT's "spine" area after the refurbs showed the innoventions buildings gone. The opening of a new attraction there makes me wonder a bit what is the ultimate goal now.
Disney has said very little publicly about changes at Epcot except for the GotG & Ratatouille attractions, new film for China, and a new restaurant tied to Mission: Space.

Until they announce changes regarding the spine, there's only the artist renderings to guess by.

Disney has said very little publicly about changes at Epcot except for the GotG & Ratatouille attractions, new film for China, and a new restaurant tied to Mission: Space.

Until they announce changes regarding the spine, there's only the artist renderings to guess by.
This is true. That is what I was guessing by, but, at least in my mind, this move brings some questions. I like the idea of more green areas, more shade and such. At the same rate, I love the old Innoventions. If that can be brought back to life, I'd be just as happy to see it stay. They could remove some of the vast sea of concrete in the center of the park there, and introduce more greenery without tearing down Innoventions, and I'd be fine with that.

It would be more than a little ironic to close Innoventions for lack of creativity to put something new in there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter