Input on Epcot World Showcase please

mshanson3121

DIS Veteran
We'll be visiting mid-May, so during Flower & Garden festival. Our Epcot day is a Saturday, predicted crowd level 5. I'm toying with a touring plan, and I'm just wondering what is a better approach:

Plan on entering the World Showcase at 11, and touring during the afternoon (probably be done around 4), or enter the World Showcase around 4 and stay till close?

I tend to do both. I enter the World Showcases at 11am and stick around till about 1pm. We leave to head back to the resort and then I return at 4 and stay till close. Something about the World Showcases at night is very magical in my opinion.

I prefer evenings and would enter at 4PM....I guess it all depends on what time of day you prefer in the parks...

I really like the World Showcase at night because it can get brutal out there with little shade in the mid-day sun, but it is generally much more crowded.

We usually split the difference and start the World Showcase around 2.

The only negative to touring at night is that you will miss most of the live performances. Most are scheduled in the afternoons.

I'd start around 3:30 with a drink in my hand watching British Revolution in UK pavilion then make my way way around.

I can't help you if afternoon or evening would be better, but from our experience one time I would wait a little later than 11. We went through right as the opened one year, and things were just opening up. Shops were open, but most the food carts weren't, and the entertainment didn't seem to start until between 12-1. This was in January of 2016. Not sure if that's the norm or not, but I would wait until noon at the earliest to start going through.

I agree with doing both (11 til close). You’ll catch the performers during the day and get to see WS at night which is cooler and beautiful. And if illuminations is still there you can catch that to. There’s so much to see and explore in the WS. We spend a whole day (from 11 til close) in WS each trip.

I'd tour all afternoon til 4pm or later if you're enjoying yourself. I would expect A Saturday night to be busy.

We start WS about 11, have our lunch at the kiosks as we walk around. Watch some of the bands, watch the movies. Enjoy all the topiaries.
We will stay till Illuminations. We stay at the EPCOT resorts, so may go back for a break in the afternoon.

I typically spend the entire day at Epcot, hitting Future World in the morning, then moving over to World Showcase in the afternoon, and leisurely spending the remainder of the day there. For me, no day in Epcot is complete without seeing Illuminations :)

We always start the WS around 1:00 and stay until close. Illuminations is not to be missed!! 11:00 would be too early, but 1:00 or 2:00 allows us to enjoy most of the shows and sites, while also a nice, sit down ADR dinner.

World Showcase can get really crowded on Saturday evenings. It also is usually not overly crowded for the first couple of hours. On a Saturday, we would start at 11:00. Also, if you want to see characters or watch the entertainment, those are usually more in the afternoons. I think most of that is gone by about 7:00. Some have their last set around 4:30 or so.

I'd tour all afternoon til 4pm or later if you're enjoying yourself. I would expect A Saturday night to be busy.

World Showcase can get really crowded on Saturday evenings. It also is usually not overly crowded for the first couple of hours. On a Saturday, we would start at 11:00. Also, if you want to see characters or watch the entertainment, those are usually more in the afternoons. I think most of that is gone by about 7:00. Some have their last set around 4:30 or so.

It escaped me that this was a Saturday (I was reading before having coffee again it seems).

OP, I concur with the above posters that a Saturday evening will be very busy and so that changes my advice a little. I would consider maybe 11-3 or 4 ish, and then maybe finishing up some attractions in Future World (if you don't want a mid-day break). You can then head over for Illuminations if you want to see it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter