• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Input on restaurant choices please?

twinsmomvj

Mouseketeer
Hello! We recently decided on WDW for spring break! It has been a few years since our last visit. We have 16 year old boy/girl twins and an almost 4 year old girl. We are staying at AK Kidani and are doing the regular dining plan- so I am trying to finalize our 5 TS meals. Dh and I (with little one) will likely do Saana also and pay out of pocket.

Sun (arrival afternoon) 6:55 Boma
Mon (HS day) Dh, little one and I plan to do Saana for bread and share entree (pay OOP)
Tues (Mk day) Either Crystal Palace (4:00) or Artist Point (7:10) for dinner?
Wed (Ak day) 1:50 Tusker House (also have Ohana at 5:15 but may cancel as we have done before)
Thurs (MK day) 5:00 Wave
Fri (Epcot) 1:20 Akershaus

I would appreciate any thoughts or input!

Thank you!

Susie

I love Sanaa and the bread service there, good idea to split an entree since its a lot of food. I would go with Artist Point for dinner, the reviews have been spectacular. Also my family loves the Wave, great drinks, service and food.

For tusker, you should book the rivers of light package. Same 1 credit.

The new snow white meal seems much better than crystal palace, but not as convenient. Only you can decide if it's worth giving up the park time you'd be losing.

I absolutely love akershus.

Hello! We recently decided on WDW for spring break! It has been a few years since our last visit. We have 16 year old boy/girl twins and an almost 4 year old girl. We are staying at AK Kidani and are doing the regular dining plan- so I am trying to finalize our 5 TS meals. Dh and I (with little one) will likely do Saana also and pay out of pocket.

Mon (HS day) Dh, little one and I plan to do Saana for bread and share entree (pay OOP)
Wed (Ak day) 1:50 Tusker House (also have Ohana at 5:15 but may cancel as we have done before)

Thank you!

Susie

Love Boma

I would pick Artist Point because it’s new and I love the WL. Really a beautiful fun break from the parks. Easy boat ride.

Love the Wave and Akershus. Havent tried Tusker yet.

Thank you!

Susie
I'd rethink Artist Point for dinner.
a.) 7:10pm is late for a 4 y.o., particularly after the Parks, and, more importantly,
b.) going resort-to-resort is not that easy at Disney unless you drive yourself or pay for a taxi.

It becomes easier to skip dinner at Artist Point if meeting princesses at Akershus.

And, unless you really want to go to The Wave, Grand Floridian Cafe is on-par with food quality & pricing, but the Grand Floridian is a more spectacular hotel (and my family stays at Bay Lake / Contemporary). And either selection makes going back to Kidani a chore.

I'd rethink Artist Point for dinner.
a.) 7:10pm is late for a 4 y.o., particularly after the Parks, and, more importantly,
b.) going resort-to-resort is not that easy at Disney unless you drive yourself or pay for a taxi.

It becomes easier to skip dinner at Artist Point if meeting princesses at Akershus.

And, unless you really want to go to The Wave, Grand Floridian Cafe is on-par with food quality & pricing, but the Grand Floridian is a more spectacular hotel (and my family stays at Bay Lake / Contemporary). And either selection makes going back to Kidani a chore.
Well, from the Wave, it’s a short walk to the MK bus depot to get back to AKL.

Thank you for your thoughts!

Still trying to decide if we should try to do Crystal Palace for a meal on Tuesday or Thursday. We were there many years ago when our teenagers were little...

Thank you for your thoughts!

Still trying to decide if we should try to do Crystal Palace for a meal on Tuesday or Thursday. We were there many years ago when our teenagers were little...
I love crystal palace because I love the pooh characters.
it's a good value on the DDP and I enjoyed my dinner there in 2014 - it's buffet food but I thought a bit better than H&V, which wasn't as bad as some people have said either.

I love it for breakfast but this trip it works out much better for dinner and under the part of my split stay under the DDP so I'm doing dinner.

For me it's not a trip without it and my son indulges me :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter