• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Insane SSR and OKW resale prices

Sparrow624

"I wash my hands of this weirdness"
People asking $94-$96 per point for SSR and $100 per point for OKW on various resale sites. Is anyone paying this? You can get BCV for 10-12 more or BLT for 18 more.

How have SSR and OKW shot up so much? A few months ago, SSR was listing for around $78 per point.

I'm in ROFR for SSR at $82/pt. I agree, those prices are nuts. I would never have paid more and only paid what I did because the contract was loaded.

I agree. I have no idea why some brokers are thinking they can get this.

I think it's certain brokers pushing the envelope and others following suit. We just passed on OKW at $65/pt fully loaded two months ago, so the change is quite drastic. I feel it's a case of brokers testing the waters to see how high they can push the ceiling for each resort. I'm really not a fan of this tactic, but I guess time will tell if they are right.

I agree. Those are just listing prices. I highly doubt anyone is paying that but I am curious. I wonder if they are trying to jack up the prices right now thinking people will pay them because pretty much everything direct is $165 a point. But the thing is, you can get BCV or BLT very close to what they are asking for SSR or OKW. Who would pay 100 a point for OKW right now when there are BCV contracts, same end date, for $105 a point out there. Crazy.

I just bought BLT (headed to ROFR), but realize I probably overpaid @ $134 for 100 pts. But I got SSR at the bottom for $57/pt. for 150 just over 2 years ago. So I have 250 pts that average out to about $88/pt. Pretty good by those standards for those two resorts. My intension is to use these until expiration so I don't much care for prices after I've bought. It's not like I plan on selling unless I need that amount of money in an emergency that can't be covered by other liquid assets, which would take a real disaster.

DVC across the board is selling for much higher than it was just 9 mos ago. I honestly think that it is a bubble that will burst at some point. The good thing for me is that it seems to have cured my addonitis.

If you are following ROFR thread, 2 OKW contracts were taken at $70 and $72 last month and SSR taken at $79. I'm sure that has people a bit nervous. The smallish contracts seem to command higher prices than even 6 months ago across the board, esp on DVCresalemarket.com listed as full price offer only. I Think they definitely started the trend, but owners on this board that are following the resales I'm sure have their wheels turning and are thinking, why not sell at the peak of the bubble? Those that may have not thought of listing their contract and seeing these prices, some almost double what they paid, are now following suit with listing at crazy high prices. What do they have to lose?

Anyone new to looking at resale listings sees they can buy in to DVC starting with a small contract at $4000-$6000 even if it's $90+ per point for Okw/SSR, without having an idea of what others have paid or even that it's negotiable jump on it. Owners see contracts selling at high prices and list. It's the whole supply/demand thing.

I know an owner that paid $65 pp for 1st SSR contract a few years back. Wanted to add on and a 25 point SSR with right use year came up listed at $95 pp. They put in an offer for $85, which was reasonable. They started getting nervous and right away changed the offer to $90. Within 2 hours, the stress was killing them and they offered full price. It was really only $250 more out of pocket then their original bid to ensure that they secured the contract. They never intended paying that much per point for SSR, but the small contracts are not on the market for very long before selling.

If you are following ROFR thread, 2 OKW contracts were taken at $70 and $72 last month and SSR taken at $79. I'm sure that has people a bit nervous. The smallish contracts seem to command higher prices than even 6 months ago across the board, esp on DVCresalemarket.com listed as full price offer only. I Think they definitely started the trend, but owners on this board that are following the resales I'm sure have their wheels turning and are thinking, why not sell at the peak of the bubble? Those that may have not thought of listing their contract and seeing these prices, some almost double what they paid, are now following suit with listing at crazy high prices. What do they have to lose?

Anyone new to looking at resale listings sees they can buy in to DVC starting with a small contract at $4000-$6000 even if it's $90+ per point for Okw/SSR, without having an idea of what others have paid or even that it's negotiable jump on it. Owners see contracts selling at high prices and list. It's the whole supply/demand thing.

I know an owner that paid $65 pp for 1st SSR contract a few years back. Wanted to add on and a 25 point SSR with right use year came up listed at $95 pp. They put in an offer for $85, which was reasonable. They started getting nervous and right away changed the offer to $90. Within 2 hours, the stress was killing them and they offered full price. It was really only $250 more out of pocket then their original bid to ensure that they secured the contract. They never intended paying that much per point for SSR, but the small contracts are not on the market for very long before selling.

Great response! I think the trend is there, but the bubble will burst soon. I would never offer above 78 per point

People asking $94-$96 per point for SSR and $100 per point for OKW on various resale sites. Is anyone paying this? You can get BCV for 10-12 more or BLT for 18 more..........(snip).....

But can you? I wonder how easy it is to get those resorts via resale. As of today, I counted 6 BCV contracts listed for sale and it seems almost all of them are already sale pending. All but one have been on the market less than 30 days.

Only 3 of the 40 BLT listings have been on the market longer than 60 days and 2 of those 3 are FSBO listings (which are also very stripped). Too lazy to click through to the broker's site to see how many of the BLT listings are already sale pending, But given the age of the listings, I suspect most of them are sale pending.

Similar situation for BWV and I didn't check any other resort.

Kind of a round about way to say that demand is up! So that's why the prices are up! If i were in the market for more points, not sure I'd want to wait around for the demand / prices to subside. If the DVC value equation worked at the higher resale price, I wouldn't care if the prices were lower a few months ago.

wow prices have really shot up since we bought our SSR a little less than a year ago. I do regret buying SSR we should have bought BLT which was at $100 a point then. I think we paid $72 a point for a loaded SSR contract

People asking $94-$96 per point for SSR and $100 per point for OKW on various resale sites. Is anyone paying this? You can get BCV for 10-12 more or BLT for 18 more.

How have SSR and OKW shot up so much? A few months ago, SSR was listing for around $78 per point.

Well we just found out yesterday we didn't pass ROFR ssr 150 at $85 a point 4 points banked from dec 2014 full 150 points 2015 and 2016. Dec uy. So guess Disney keeps changing things up. Was hoping to go to f&w last minute but now that won't happen. So you never know what they will buy. I know there were a few fully loaded dec 150 that went for $83 and under before and after ours went to them. The ones before us passed from what I was told.

wow prices have really shot up since we bought our SSR a little less than a year ago. I do regret buying SSR we should have bought BLT which was at $100 a point then. I think we paid $72 a point for a loaded SSR contract

While I'm not necessarily regretting our SSR purchase, I was thinking along similar lines BLT was at sub $100 when I was deciding between BLT and SSR. In hindsight it would not have been a bad decision to buy BLT.

I feel I have done quite well with all my purchases. I have paid within $1.00 for all my points with $52.50 being the highest. I have bought direct ('93 & '96) and resale ('11)at OKW. I could sale now after 20+ years of DVC and still make a profit.

Last edited:
I feel I have done quite well with all my purchases. I have paid within $1.00 for all my points with $52.50 being the highest. I have bought direct ('93 & '96) and resale ('11)at OKW. I could sale now after 20+ years of DVC and still make a profit.

com_op_2000 gave a perfect example that prices over the years will fluctuate depending on demand, economy and availability of other preferred resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter